Whitworth University Top Questions

Moregan

The advise I would give to myself would be to apply to more scholarships while I had the chance; school is not cheap. I would also tell myself that studying isn't an option but a necessity.

Make friends and maintain them through all four years; you will need their support and friendship through the four years and beyond because they were there with you from the beginning of what can be a difficult time away from familiar surroundings, family, close friends and much more.

Alexa

I would tell the past me that I shouldn't be nervous and even though it is out of my comfort zone I need to make sure to put myself out there.

Sierra

Buy a minifridge. You'll use it, trust me.

Our high school was full of racism (anti-indianism really) due to being near our reservation. This creates an illusion that a good education is beyond our realm. We are not good enough as Native Americans, is the conditioning that we put through. I would tell my self that breaking down racism is possible and a great education is possible for us and we don't have to listen any longer to the negative stereotyping that has been imposed upon us. We are smart, loving and vital in spirit and we deserve the great education. I was told in high school that I could make a great secretary, but no one ever told me that I would make a great counselor or psychologist. Today, I know that I have been a great chemical dependency counselor (for 3 years!) and that I will make an even greater counselor or psychologist once I complete my education at Whitworth University. My brother is so proud that I am at Whitworth because their reputation is that they are the best place to get social work and/or counseling degrees. I feel that!

Tashima

"He who fails to PLAN, PLANS to fail." Words said by my freshmen year reading teacher, and if I wasn’t laughing and talking to friends when he said this maybe I would have paid some attention to them. If I could tell myself anything it would be to take heed to those words. To many of us young people don't have a PLAN for our future and don't take into consideration how important it is to make one. I have learned my lesson being 21 years of age, with a 2year baby girl, still living at home with my parents, and no income. I have to say life without a PLAN hit me hard! I look back at that day in school goofing off and think where was my PLAN. I believe that I have matured a lot since then, so I guess u can say time shows you the truth about life.

Yana

If i was able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would love to give myself one advice; apply to as many colleges as i can. It would have been the best advice to take for me then because i would have seen what schools i was qualified for and what schools i wasnt to make sure i dont lower my standards to some college that would just be a waste of time. Another suggestion i would give my self is to actually enjoy my last year of high school to not stress so much the big stuff because its still going to work out in the end. There are many issues and circumstances that arrise in senior year. Any case, those to where my two biggest concerns. College life is a lot more different then high school, you have more time for studies, work, friends, etc , but back in high school it seemed very scary, new, and different from what were used too. So i would have loved to know then what i know now; to not stress, take chances, work hard, but still rememeber that im still a kid.

Anika

Make the choice of where to go to college for yourself. Do not let friends, or especially family try to pursuade you to where they want you to attend. I would also suggest not to make the choice where to study on what acedemic programs they offer, because chances are you will change your mind a few times of what you want to study. It is better to choose a place where you know you will be happy and thrive, this will make the study portion of college come much easier. Living in the dorm the first year is the best advice I could give anyone. Here you are with other freshmen every hour of the day who are going through the same transitions as you. The support system created in the dorm will get you through anything that may happen your first year. All the bumps in the road will be just fine and taken care of. Do not worry so much about your future, remain in the present and focuse on doing will in classes, college is truly the best time of your life.

Kallee

I would tell myself to not have expectations for what college is going to be like. I would tell myself this because you never know what your experience is going to be like because you could have experiences that are amazing but do not seem great because they are totally different than what you were expecting. Also, I would tell myself that it is amazing to be on your own and to have the freedom of responsibility! Furthermore, I would tell myself to not be afraid to make a fool of myself, I need to be outgoing and not afraid to meet new people! Also, I just need to be patient about finding a good group of friends and to not become discouraged because I have not found a good friend or friends the first semester! But overall, I would say to get involved and to just have fun! Also, keep focusing on your academics like the way you have been and you will do just fine!

Dear high school senior, Your parents know a lot more than you give them credit for. Listen to their advice about chosing a college, and give it serious consideration. They know you, have lived life longer, and love you - what they say might be in your best interest. Also, just because you had a dream college doesn't mean you are a failure if you choose another one. Sometimes the perceptions that are given to a school at a younger age aren't really everything you will need to grow into the person you will be. Don't be too excited to move across the country from your family. It may seem like a fun and thrilling adventure to move a thousand miles away from home, but when everyone else goes home for a short break, it won't be fun to be left at school alone. Lastly, realize that you won't always be best friends with everyone in high school. Determine the friends who are worth keeping, and be okay with losing a few, you'll make more in college. Love, College Freshman PS. Don't feel silly when you are homesick, other people will miss home too.

diana

After high school I was still very undecisive as far as what college/university I wanted to attend. When my parents moved to a different state I decided to live on my own with my brother and go to the local community college. At that time I was 18 and didnt know what I was in for as far as school and life in general. My college experience at first was wierd. It felt odd not having to start at a certain time and end my usual school days by 3:30. But the best part is the indepedence one has. My career became a something to think about as I sat through long classes thinking, "Is this really worth it"? Let me tell you something...IT IS! sel-motivation has driven me to where I am now and Im still looking forward everyday to go to school. :)

Everyone proclaims change in one way or another when they go to college, but how many people grow. College students gain friendships, knowledge, and pant sizes, but what do they gain as a human being? Fortunately, I have not grown too much physically, but as far as the intellectual and spiritual aspects are concerned, I have extended and branched in directions that a year ago, I never would have fathomed. The eighteen years of my past include my life as a seed, the break through the groundings and comforts of home, and even the development of my first leaves as I matured and started to think on my own. I did not truly grow until I stepped on to the campus of Whitworth University. The energetic and supportive community provided the correct atmosphere for me to extend my branches and reach beyond what I am used to. The invested and devoted professors hydrate my mind and encourage me find and stretch my roots. I have a better understand of what I believe, what I know, and even a greater understand of what I have yet to learn. Thanks to Whitworth I am stronger, more intelligent, and ultimately a healthier person.

Tatiana

So far, my college experience has been everything and more than I imagined it to be. Being part of a welcoming environment has made me more comfortable to explore my options for my future. I came into college thinking I knew what I wanted. But after just a couple months I have learned so much more about myself, developed other abilities that I didn't know I had. College has deemed itself valuable because I have discovered abilities, ideas, career options that I never would have if I wasn't a part of the Whitworth community. Determining who I am as a person, employee, and a christian is what I have been striving to achieve ever since I walked onto this campus. Although I still have a long way to go, I have already taken some large steps in that direction and plan to continue to do so.

I am a returning student after being in the workforce for many years. I have found Edison State College to be a wonderful place with many opportunities to learn new things and meet new people. You are never to old to learn something new and be a contruibution to your community. I feel that every day is a new day to learn new things and expand on what life experiences you have had and will have in the future.

I learned many things over my year as a college student. While the teachers taught me all that they could and instilled in me the knowledge that I would need to further my college career, the lesson that most impacted me was not actually learned in the classroom, but rather in the unique atmosphere of college life. It is in the halls, cafeterias, and dorms that I gained a better understanding of how to interact and work with adults. While in high school, teachers try their best to prepare their young pupils for higher education and the world outside of the classroom. I had believed that I fully understood their meaning of teamwork and cooperation with others, but it was not until I was thrust into a completely new setting that I learned that I did not. Luckily, my college was very helpful; there were many clubs and social events to help integrate me into the complex life of a college student. I gained not only knowledge and understanding of important subjects but of myself and others as well. My college experience has been a critical part of my growth as a student and as an adult.

Kendra

The college experience that I have had so far has been great. I addmit that the first term here was very difficult, but the people and the teachers are great. I think that this is a wonderful school. The campus is beautiful and I love looking outside and seeing the campus. It has been valuable to attend becasue I have already learned so much from the people here. This christian college has been a blessing to me. It is hard to pay for college of course, most people have this problem, but I am so blessed and gratefull that I have the opportunity to attend Whitworth.

Whitworth prides itself in giving its students an "education of the mind and heart." At Whitworth we are educated very strongly with a support of faith in Jesus Christ. Through my education here I have not only learned a great deal of valuable moral and otherwise important information, but I have received strengthened faith in my Lord, Jesus Christ!

Kseinya

So far in my Whitworth experience I have learned how hard it is to meet new people. I've learned that being an off-campus freshman is extremely difficult and it would be better to live on campus next year. It has been valuable for me because I have recieved an education in things I have never found interesting before, and Whitworth helped me to develop new passions.

Going to college gave me a sense of the finer things in things in life. It also opened doors of opportunity for me that I could not received otherwise.

ryan

What I have gotten out of my college experience so far is that there is such a big cloud of knowledge out there. Just in my field of automotive. There are infinite career possibilities that I can choose from. I went in knowing what I thought was a fair amount about the field I was planning on going into after getting to college I quickly realized that I hadn?t even scratched the surface of potential. I want to learn all that I can while I am here so that I can be the best candidate in my field.

As a member of the Whitworth community, each day spent on campus has not only added to my perception of who Whitworth is and what it is all about, but has also heightened my understanding of what it means to be in college and to have the world at your finger tips. Being here continually begs the question ?what do you care about?? and then challenges one to be proactive about those passions. It further builds a networking community because it connects students to groups of people that care about similar ideas. Together, in fellowship, these groups can flourish and do big things in the world. I have learned that what I do does not define who I am, but rather who I am dictates what I do. Because of this, one of my goals is to be more intentional in how I spend my time and where I pour out my effort. Being at college has allowed me to discern where my heart lies, and it is my hope to filter my desicions through this knowedge. My time here has helped me discover who I am, and I value you this experience more than anything.

I have gotten a lot of discipline out of my college experience so far. I realized I have to be disciplined in every aspct of my life. I have to be disciplined to study, read, and do my assignments. I have also learned to manage my time better. Being able to seperate time with work, school, and social activities is very important and is essential to having success. College has also helped me to mature. You are considered an adult and your professors, counselors, and peers treat you that way. You are responsible for making it to class, contacting the professor for extra help, reading the required text, and much more.

Alan

During my life as a college student at Dekalb Technical College, there were many bumps along this road to success. However; these did not stop me, nor hinder my plans for the future. I started off a bit slow going to school part time, working part time. Above all there was a lot to be learnt in technical school. No matter how much is thrown at you, keep one foot ahead of the other, and keep your goals within grasp. Learning that I might not know everything dawned upon me after I failed that class the second time. I was overconfident with my thinking and because of it threw away the money that came from me to pay for that course. As a result; school means a lot more to me, while bringing value for my determination to stay in school. Likewise, class is what I live for, it gives me reason to believe one day I shall be a better, more defined person than I could ever imagine. College is a gateway for many young or old individuals to sacrifice a few years of studying, in exchange for a lifetime of achievement and purpose.

Sarandn

I have experienced college for about one month. I fully regret leaving school or shall I say withdrawling from classes until my financial situation was settled, but i learned a great deal from going to college. Some of the things i learned that has a lot of meaning is that college is no joke and it is reality life is college you do as much as you can to stay on top and be successful. I also learned that if you make friends in college later on in the future you will have a lot of people of shall i say a lot of resources to use later in life. Say for instance i wanted to start a company i would need a web page i would have a friend that can do that for me. its also been valuable to me because i learned to survive on little cash and spend money on the nesscessities.

I have learned that education is not only from the mind. It is an education of both the mind and heart, which happens to be the school motto. Whitworth encourages their students to take part in community service and learn from both the classroom and the real world. They want you to major in something you are passionate in. I have learned that our career should be something that we love doing, something that we care a lot about. The education at Whitworth has been valuable, because the professors have put effort into their classes, getting to know each student. They make sure that they are available to the students and go out of their way to help individual students. Having visited other schools and attended their large classes, I am so thankful for this atribute of Whitworth University. I am able to learn far more than I would somewhere else.

Definitely visit the campus you are planning to attend to get a feel for what it will be like. Live on campus for at least your first year, and go to all events that are offered before you start . Be open minded and try new things. Get to know your professors and don't be afraid to ask questions. Apply for all of the scholarships you can as soon as you can. Be informed about programs that are available and take advantage of them. Don't make your decision on the school you will attend based on what others are doing as their interests are likely to be very different. You don't have to know exactly what you want to do but it helps to have an idea. If your professors reccommend books ahead of time, make sure you read them. Enjoy your college time and make lots of friends.

I was raised in the age of movies such as "Back to the Future" and "Terminator." If there were to be anything gainied from these movies it would be the question that sparks the imagination: what if I could travel back in time? Now the question is more defined. The question is: what would I do if I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior? My answer is simple. I would refuse the offer to go back in time. I am who I am because of my past and only consider the present to be the appropiate time to act and to change the chorse of history. Perhaps this is an original answer, but then again I do remember a similar lesson being taught by the childhood cartoon "Gargoyles."

My father went on the list for a heart transplant my junior year of high school. I grew up very quickly, but at the same time tried to remain young. Looking back on it I was very confused and I feel I had every reason to be. I took classes at the high school in the morning then went to the local community college in the afternoon,where I took a health professions course and obtained my certified nursing assistant license. I think going to the local community college was good for me in some ways, but it took me away from the high school environment. I played soccer so was somewhat involved in the school, but I really felt many of the events and school related functions were childish and a waste of my time. I wanted to stay home with my family and father. If I were looking back on me, I would tell myself to get involved! Stay young. I would not have attended the community college. I would have also taken a music class or something to take my mind off of home.

I would tell myself how important it is to find time for yourself. It is so easy in college to spend time with your friends and spend time studying that you very quickly forget to take time for yourself. As soon as you get settled in, it is important to find a place in the campus that you can escape to. You need to do whatever you have to do to make yourself successful, especially in your first year of school. It is also important to remember that it is ok if you and your roommate don't get along. You will find a group of friends that you fit in with. You will make friends on campus, but you need to remind yourself that it takes time. Its also important to remember not to stress about your grades. Your grades you first semester of school will probably be lower than you want them to be and it is ok. You need to make sure to use your teachers and your teacher's assistant. They are there to help you and are always willing to help you get the grades that you want to get.

There is a distinction between college and high school for a reason. Within college the initiative to succeed is put entirely upon your shoulders. A system of organization is a necessity for success. Organization in meetings, assignments, and studying will allow for a well developed academic experience. Any study strategy that you have been taught is worth trying, everyone studies best in different ways. The best strategy is to try early so that your strategies are set as early as possible. The tests will come quickly, before many will set their strategies. If you do not understand ask, you must ask the same day so that you can keep up. The professor will assume your understanding if you do not ask. If you follow these suggestions you will soon find a pattern and timing for your day and studies, this will leave you with some extra time. In this time you must learn to exercise regularly, it really does help you, and to relax. Relaxing with ping pong, pool, movies and sleeping are all great ways to unwind and not burn out. Even from one semester I?ve seen people burn out on the stress. Be careful.

If only this hypothetically scenario were true... If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself...perhaps beg myself...to make my college decision for me, and no one else. I would tell myself not to foolishly believe that by picking a certain school I could become certain kind of person that I will never be. My college decision was based on the dreams of my parents, the stability of my romantic relationship, and the desire to force myself to be a Jesus-loving, happy-go-lucky, outdoors-y, Northwestern college student. In reality, my parents' dreams were never mine, though I tried to tell myself they were. My relationship with my boyfriend was and is strong, and would have remained so even through a less conveinient college choice. And I am a faith-struggling, idealistic-yet-cynical, outdoor-hating, Southern girl who made the worst decision of her life when she chose Whitworth University. My cynical brain tells me that this college experience is a waste...but my idealistic heart tells me that I have learned more about who I am than I ever imagined I could.

Stacey

I would say, not to worry so much. Not to worry about what people think- not to worry about how things are going to turn out- not to worry about how I appear- not to worry in general about the things that do not make a real difference in this life. To me, this would be monumental advice because in high school, it can be hard to look past the little every day things and realize that there is more to life. Especially in the transition to college, so much is unknown and worry tends to creep in. You don't have to have everything figured out or be 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} prepared when you go to college. part of the transition is learning what you need and how to live in this new place. Worry is uneccessary. So don't stress, you have time to figure it out and people all around you are still figuring it out just like you. Worrying doesn't make things go faster,;it doesn't fix things; it doesn't even bring comfort; it just makes life harder and gives you grey hairs. So don't worry about tomorrow, tomorrrow will worry about itself.

Krista

I would tell myself to take my classes seriously, even if I don't like them. Even though attendance is not taken in college like it is in high school, it is so much more important because everything goes at a much faster pace, and it is so easy to get behind. I would also stress the importance of applying for as many scholarships as possible. Even though the easy way out is to apply for a student loan, eventually these loans will need to be paid! A little hard work now by applying for scholarships will absolutely pay off when I graduate because I won't have so much debt weighing me down along with the stress of finding a job.

Coleen

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior I would give myself advice on a lot of things. I would tell myself to not get caught up in the details of picking a school and just go with the feeling in your heart, because in the end school is still school and even if you pick the most amazing one ever you still have homework and tests and projects. I would tell myself to not be afraid that I'll make no friends at all because that is just not true. You just need to leave your room and walk down the hall and talk to someone about anything at all. I would tell myself its ok to cry in the beginning as your parents and sister drive away, and its ok to feel like you don't know who you are or where your life is going because everything is changing and thats a good thing. Its time to try things you've never done and be adventurous and brave and funny and smart. I'd say college is really scary at first and exciting and sometimes seems too difficult, but so worth it.

Patricia

Make sure that you are going for yourself and not because of other people, even if it's friends or family . Take your time and choose a career that is comfortable to you. Find out as much as you can about your chosen field, to make sure that your career choice is really what you want to do, and it is not a decision that was influenced by others. This is the only way that you will truely be happy, and it will cut down the chances of you wasting time and money, studying in a field that you will later switch from. Surround yourself with people that are majoring in your field, in order to enhance your knowledge and experience. Network, to find people that don't mind helping you, and sharing their learning experiences with you. Be sure that you don't have any unanswered questions. If you are not sure about something, ask questions until you run out. Get aquainted with your instructors, and ask for their advice. Take your education very serious and learn as much as you can. The more you know, the more you're worth...the more you learn, the more you earn.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, it is difficult to know what exactly would come out of my mouth. I would most likely want to tell myself: Enjoy what you have, you want to be successfull and have a terrific job to support a family and have a fullfilling life, but most of all you need to meet people, try new things, expand your intellectual boundaries and find the kind of person you want to be, because people aren't going to respect the title you have as a professional, or the amount of money you make, they are going to respect you for the words you say, and the people that you influence. Do great in school,but d better in life and love.

Theresa

This was a huge decision for me, deciding where to go to college. My senior year was very stressful in the sense that I felt really pressured to make the "right" decision, thinking that what I chose would set the standard for my next four years of life. Now, being about halfway through my freshman year at Whitworth, I would go back and tell myself that it really isn't anything upon which to place an extreme amount of stress. Sure, college is a big deal, but part of the fun is trying to figure out where you belong and who you want to be as this time of transition is occurring. In fact, I have learned so much about myself during these few months that I think my original choice isn't the right fit for me. Growing up is hard to do, but nothing is set in stone. Everything can change in the blink of an eye, which is why I would tell myself to relax, breathe, and think of this as another step into figuring out who I really want to be. Life doesn't have to be so intimidating.

College is a time of transition, exploration, learning, growth, and independence. High school seniors, though they have glimpsed this imminent freedom, cannot truly grasp the extensive changes that will take place. If I could, I would give myself several pieces of advice before entering this transition. One of the most important things to do in the first few weeks of school is to meet new people; at a smaller university like Whitworth, seeing familiar faces is not as difficult as it would be at a large state school, but trying to learn people?s names and make friends with a variety of people is essential. Even sitting down at a new table in the cafeteria can be a great way to introduce myself to other students. Another important aspect of college is establishing contact with professors. While I may not need help with assignments at the beginning of the semester, ensuring that professors know my name and know I care about his or her class can be important for those times when I need help. Finally, I would tell myself to establish a healthy balance of the social and academic aspects of college?remembering to be intentional about my time.

Todd

I would advise myself to rethink my social life and pay more attention to studies. I would also strongly encourage getting an on-campus job right away and to not stop looking for one. I would say to myself that I need to create a schedule and to follow it so as to keep a steady day, and to not have so much stress when studying. Finally, I would advise myself to work harder in everything.

I would tell myself to balance the fun stuff with the studying. At college there is way more activities to do than there were in high school. Also, a lot of these activities are free and right on campus so you don't need to drive anywhere. But don't forget to spend time on homework and studying. In college, the professor do not hound you to turn in your homework and papers. There is no more hand-holding in college. The professors expect you to take responsibility for your education because it is your choice to be there. Having fun and studying hard will help you have a good time at college.

47-year old Laura talking to 18-year old Laura "Do whatever the counselors tell you to do about going to school. It is easier to go to college out of high school than to wait till you are 47 years old, unemployable. Set your goals, and be who and what you want to be while you are young. I know you don't know what you want to be when you grow up, but open yourself up to the possibilities of life. Because if you don't you'll end up like me, at 47, just realizing what life could have been like. College life is easy and fun when you are young, unattached and without the responibilities of a family. To make the most of college life, get involved. Don't let past thoughts and feelings get in the way of what you really want. Don't listen to people that tell you that college isn't for you. Do your best and work hard to follow your dreams. Dreams only come true when you set your vision high and work to achieve excellence. Don't wait till you are 47, and unemployable. Do It Now!"

I would give myself the advice that there is nothing to worry about. Even if you know no one going into it you will make friends that you will probably keep for a lifetime. I would also say that living in a college dorm room really isn't all that bad. You get used to the cramped space and just learn to deal with it. I would also say that you do totally have time to have social time and still get all your homework done.

Dear High School Senior Kayla, You are such a strong person! You can make it through senior year! Just keep going. College is so much fun and there are infinite possibilities! You are going to double major in Elementary Education and Special Education. You love it, as you always have loved kids. The most difficult part about this transition was being far away from home. It is still a struggle because you are so close with your family, but you are doing great. Be encouraged! It has been really hard not having your support system close, but you have perservered and made it through with flying colors. Just remember to always smile, make tight bonds and friendships, take time away from studying, don't be anxious, keep with your healthy lifestyle. Make sure you always stick up for yourself and stay strong in your values. Never stop being the person you are, you are so able to learn from others, and teach too! Make sure you keep close with your friends at home, especially your best friend. She is so important in making the transition easier. Ultimately, just let go, and let God. :) LOVE, College Freshman Kayla

Jun

A couple of things stick out to me right away. First, be honest when you talk to your parents about where you want to go to college. Chances are, they will fund most of your expenses for at least a couple years, so they need to be on board with your decision. Additionally, they can give you some important things to consider when looking at schools, so listen to what they have to say. But ultimately, the choice is yours to make. You are going to be an adult out in the real world, so you need to step up and make the deicision yourself. Make sure you factor in more than just where your high school friends are going. Look into potential majors, the climate, the city, and the sports teams if you are an athlete. I know it's cliche, but most of all, go with your heart. You are going to be at this school for 4 years of your life, away from the shelter of your parents and the familiarity of your friends. Make it worthwhile, enjoy every one of the years you have in college, and just have the time of your life!

You don't need to worry about the 'right' school so much. You can make almost any school good for yourself. Give yourself a few options of schools that fit you, apply to those and then just let the choice come naturally.

Do not worry, do not stress. College life is great and easy to make new, long lasting friends. The classes we take are not only meant to educate and prepare us for the outside world, but to allow us to grow more as a person, which is what really matters. Working hard in college is important, but stressing about it ahead of time is not good. Have fun, work hard, and the ending outcome will be whatever we want it to be.

Make sure to visit the campus of as many colleges that you can, that you are interested in. while you visit make sure you talk to those who go there and ask aboutthe college, because that really helps. Even if you do not get to go to your first choice college it is important to make the best out of the college that you do go to. I like it here at Whitworth but I don't love it here, and I miss home a lot. I've discovered I could never live in Washington, and I am way too attached to California. I have also met my best friend here, and never would have met her if I hadn't chosen Whitworth. I know that college is not a life or death decision. it is a big decision but there are bigger ones out there. Choosing the right college is hard, but remember college is just another step to aid the beginning of your adult life.

Colin

I would tell parents and students that they need to visit the campus and walk around it, asking themselves, "Could I live here for four years?" Is the atmosphere on campus right for me? Finally, "What would financial aid be able to give me?" To make the most of the college experience doesn't mean doing every stupid thing possible while you are at school. It means that you make the most out of every opportunity to make yourself a better person so you can leave those years behind with out any regrets and have something to show for it.

Maariet

Visit the colleges you are interested in. As a student spend a weekend there without parents (a Friday-Monday night type of thing) that way you can see what the campus and student life is like on the weekends and also attend some classes Friday and Monday. It is so important to talk to current students and get their perspective on the school. For parents, trust your children with their opinion, but make sure you are encouraging and looking at the school yourself too. If money is the main reason stopping your child from attending the school they want talk to the financial aid counselors at the school; they really are helpful.

Shaina

I would say the most important this is to start early in finding colleges so that you find a good fit. To make the most of your college experience do what you enjoy and get a good group of friends. I would say that in my experience I changed a lot in those years so it is always good to remember that you will not remain the same person you were as a freshman.