Whitworth University Top Questions

Alexa

There is not much cultural diversity at Whitworth.

Anika

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of diversity. I hope that in the future a more diverse student body would develop. Since it is a religious based university there is a large percentage of students who fit the wealthy, white, conservative group. There are programs to become aware of these issues. Whitworth has tried doing diversity scholarship programs to get other ethnic and social class students to whitworth. This is a good effort to see and I hope we see more of it.

At the time, it was a much smaller school. Some of the equipment and facilities needed to bring Whitworth up to par with larger school were not available. This has since changed, and it is indeed a very attractive place to attend school.

There is not really anything frustrating to me about my school.

Its size and it is not diverse. The majority of the school are christians and all think the exact same. Everyone is very into the arts.

Theresa

It tries very hard to be a safe and secure place for people, regardless to race, gender and religion, which is obviously a good thing. However, it almost seems to be like a "fairytale", a little too separated from the city of Spokane, so that students aren't completely involved in the community around them. Although people encourage students to get out and explore, its almost like they can't leave the safety of campus without feeling uncomfortable.

The most furstrating thing about my school is that sometimes the systems to get grades and classes are slow and they can close you out. This can especially make it frustrating when trying to sign up for classes!!

Jun

The campus is a bit small, the tuition is expensive (being a private school), and the weather is FREEZING cold.

I feel like Whitworth is a bubble, and a lot of the kids have not faced reall ife problems. The Christian aspect of the school probably has a lot to do with it. I feel like there is not enough diversity, and i'm not talking strictly about ethnic diversity.

Colin

Tha lack of people of other ethnicities, mainly african american. I would enjoy being able to interact in a more diverse environment since I believe the world is quite a diverse place.

Space to study in the library is scarce and the computer labs are not big enough to accomidate the amount of students that use them.

Alec

It is frustrating that the school's rules and policies are governed by a group of rich old people, the Trustees. Obviously they have provided the money and support to keep the school going but often times they are close minded and resistant to change and inclusion of people who don't think the same way as they do.

Kelli

Most people here are very Christian, or at least have strict morals. Even if I don't agree with people, i feel like I have to keep that to myself when it comes to morals because I will be judged.

Keiley

how many options there are to get involved in the school community, but how little time one has to devote to other things if they're going to focus on school. There really are so many options that it can be overwhelming and a distraction, and sometimes I feel judged for not participating in more activities, or not overloading credits, et c.

The slight tendence for people to be "fake." It happens a lot with leadership due to their pressures to be friendly to everyone. It's to be expected, but might happen more here than other places due to the "Christian Nature" of the school.

They don't tell you that tuition goes up almost 7{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} every year and the three Core classes are required.

Caitlynn

The staff and students tend to be very close-minded.

Maariet

To be honset I have never really found myself extremely frustrated with anything at this school. If one thing I would say the times that our dining hall is open with hot food served. I believe our breakfast hours need to be extended from 6:30-9:30 A.M, our lunch hours 11:00-2:30 P.M, and dinner hours from 4:45-7:30 P.M.

I think the most frustrating thing about Whitworth is the big deal that is made of racial issues. There has been alot of impetus to get racial minorities into the school and get some representation in the student body. While this in itself is not a bad thing, there has been some conflict over racial issues in the past that was both unneeded and unfounded. I also do not think that students with a minority background should ever be given preference over a caucasian person (and vice versa) in the search for racial diversity on a campus.

Tobin

One of the most frustrating things is that the rules are so undefined. There are three main rules on campus and they are first of all difficult to govern and the lines are not accurately drawn.

the lack of catholic students

I think that the school spirit is not as strong around Whitworth because it is a smaller school. It would be fun to be able to go to the bigger games and have more people involved in the sports aspect of college.