Wilkesboro, NC
Wilkes Community College

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wilkes Community College

Whittney

I am a full time student at Wilkes Community College and I am in student government and we try to get everyone involved that would like to be involved. The instructors at Wilkes community are easy to access and everyone on campus is willing to help. If you don’t want to go to a university and live close go to Wilkes community you will find some of the best people to help and they are willing to help.

Kristian

Well, Mr. Peters, you have definite dreams and aspirations of getting your Bachelor's Degree and getting into Med School to become a Psychiatrist. Hold tight to these dreams, and know that when you run into struggles in your second year at Creighton University, that you need to be open and honest with your Mother and put your pride on the back burner and work with a school advisor to get back on track. You are NOT a quitter and when you face adversity and are at risk of losing your financial aid; because you have failed to attend classes, you need to get back on that horse and persevere. Kristian... never give up and know that if you feel like you have messed everything up and that all lis lost, that a new opportunity will present itself and you need to grab a hold of those reigns with both hands, and, in the words of the great Lone Watie, ENDEAVOUR TO PERSEVERE! You are a good dude, Kristian. Stick to your guns.

Don't let your fears stop you. You have financial troubles? So what? There's a a scholarship for that. You lack confidence? College will help you blossom in more ways than you could ever imagine. You don't know anybody? Your colleagues will become some of most fruitful friendships of your lifetime. You struggle with anxiety? Having the opportunity to focus on something other than your fears is key to overcoming that daily battle! College is brimful of mind infatuations and discoveries. In one year's time I can feel how much stronger my character has become. I've unearthed talents and skills foreign to me in high school. Job opportunities have opened up. A pathway continuously forms in front of me and it's a unique feeling to know you're heading somewhere worthwhile. There's a solution to every complication. Never cower in apprehension. I promise it's not worth the wait. Never let your fears stop you.

The staff at Wilkes Community College are extremely helpful and truly want to see you to succeed. No matter what process I'm trying to complete, I'm easily able to find immediate assistance. Everyone is friendly and welcoming!

I wish I had known how undaunting attending college would be! I put off starting school because I was nervous and scared about what college would be like. However, once starting Wilkes CC all these fears slipped away. Between discovering all students were basically in the same boat and the teachers and staff being more like a friend, I had no reason to be so fearful. I wish I had known that and begun my college studies sooner.

Crystal

Wilkes Community College is committed to providing comprehensive education and educational support services for people, in a smaller, more personal setting, Wilkes Community College also offers a myriad of programs to choose from.

If I could go back in time I would have a long list of advice that I would give myself, first of all I would need to get my priorities in order and have a clear vision of my goals and a plan on how I am going to reach those goals. Also I would inprove my note-taking skills, familiarize myself with the library, practice reading difficult books and chapters, learn to use Microsoft Word or another word processor, get organized, find the best way and place for you to study, and to strive for good grades but also make time for yourself and have a good understanding of your future goals.

The worst thing about Wilkes Community College, in my opinion is that there is only one small little cafe on campus. I think this is inconveient when you spend most of the day on campus and don't really have time to go off campus to eat. It would be nice to have a little more variety to choose from on campus.

Donald

I visited three campuses prior to enrolling at Wilkes. I was so taken by the admissions staff and the advisors that I dual enrolled at Wilkes and dropped all my classes at anothe college.

Transition into college life is all about your self-esteem and your comfort/confidence level. You should make a list of the things, social and academic, that you are most comfortable and least comfortable with. Take the least comfortable list and enroll in any and every class that will expose you to social and academic situations that will help you conquer the things that you consider to be impossible. Work very hard and stretch yourself into the area of study that you choose. To stand out, you must do good works and show that you are worthy.

The entire staff is committed to the success of the enrolled student. The instructors and easy to approach and are willing to provide individual help when needed. The Technical dept is progessive and has won the National Skills competition two of the last four years

Jurrell

In short to stay in school and take your future seriously!

In short to stay in school and take your future seriously!

Well, I brag about how much fun it is and I enjoy learning, or basically doing something better with my life and time. I also speak about how great the majority of the instructors are and how they are always willing to help you achieve your goals. Plus the campus is real nice!

Off the top of my head I can honestly say there is nothing really frustrating about the school!

My school is a hodge podge of differant ages, classes, and groups.

My school is a hodge podge of differant ages, classes, and groups.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior I would say nothing. I believe that if I did introduce myself I would alter my future and possibly end my existence. Instead I would watch myself as I lived my day and then leave to my own time.

Wilkes Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.