Wilkes University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Wilkes University

Kelly

Wilkes University provides excellent education programs. I completed my Master's Degree through Wilkes University and am now working on my Doctoral Degree. The professors are always available to help and are active outside of the classroom. Many of them travel the world helping spread education. Wilkes University prides itself in being a global university. The online courses provide a great discussion platform that allows all of us to share and discuss our ideas even though some of my classmates are in different countries.

The campus is beautiful, especially in the fall. The students are all very kind and willing to help you if you're lost. Along with that the professors really care about how you are doing and always look to help you in any way that they can. Overall I think Wilkes is a great place to get an education.

Madison

The campus is beautiful, most professors are kind. As someone with health issues, I find it hard to reach out and ask for help. There doesn't seem to be much room for not being the best, which is discouraging for average students. I am embarrassed for having failed two classes. The dining hall food usually has a good variety. You are required to take certain classes that don't seem suitable for your major.

Dominique

Wilkes is an amazing school to attend! Personally I know the most about science majors but there are opportunities for other interests as well! one of my high school teachers is a wilkes alum and raves about his time there was a political science major. for the theater and arts majors, we have the Dorothy Dixon Darte center which is all for the performing arts and we recently began expanding and showing work in the Sordoni Art Gallery. There is something for absolutely everyone at Wilkes. another bonus for the science majors is the renovations being done in the Stark Learning Center, which will soon be filled with plenty of brand new science and engineering labs!

Olivia

One big family. The schools small size has an impact on opportunities available but the school does well to accommodate to students.

Teagan

My over all opinion of Wilkes University is that it is an amazing school for everyone. There are endless clubs to join and people to meet. Wilkes University gave me an amazing opportunity to live my life. Giving time for clubs and activities is an awesome idea because it gives everyone a chance to be on the same page and meet up.

Felicia

I can honestly say that I love Wilkes University and attending the school daily. The professors are all so kind and know me by name which is the reason why I attend the university. The campus is beautiful with renovations happening constantly and the food is to die for!!! Our science laboratories are state of the art and completely safe. I walk around campus and never feel unsafe because public safety is always nearby. I commute to school everyday and there is plenty of space to park in a close distance to my classes. Overall, I love this school and will chose an optometry school that is similar.

Ezequiel

I feel as if Wilkes University is an amazing school overlooked by an infamous city it resides in. Going to Wilkes-Barre, you have to keep your wallet in hand at all times and prevent walking alone, but on campus, you feel so safe. There's campus security in every corner to watch over you and keep you safe, which is much needed and appreciated. The class sizes are relatively small, comparable to a high school class size, which is opportune because you're a name and not a number and the professors are accessible at all times. The campus has so many activities to engage yourself in, you can find yourself lost in entertainment. Overall, Wilkes University is a beautiful and amazing school with much to offer.

Ryan

WIlkes Universty isna good academic school, the food is good, and the campus is nice and compact. Some of the on campus living quarters are unique as they previously were old mansions. Besides the regular athletic team sports, Wilkes also offers a variety of recreational sports, and clubs in which you can participate. Overall I would rate Wilkes as a 'B' grade university.

Lynn

I love Wilkes. The town in which it is situated is dicey, but the Wilkes campus is beautiful and very well patrolled. I feel safe on campus. The cafeteria offers numerous selections and the food is delicious. Also, there are a number of smaller cafes right on campus and great, affordable restaurants a short walk off campus (10 minutes). Wilkes' buildings are a mixture of old, ivy, mansions, and brand new modern builds. It's a cool campus, cool vibe, and great institution.

Elena

Wilkes University is a small school, but that happens to be one of its best qualities. In a college such a size at Wilkes, you are known. The students as well as teachers can really get to know you and remember you. With a small to moderate class size the teachers care about each individual, know your name, and are always available to help if needed. Our university has something for everyone and If there isn't something that interests you there is no worry because you can create a club with a simple application. Now, we may be a D3 sports school but don't let that fool you. The school and sport spirit is through the roof, games are always supported and the crowds go wild. Along with that, we are one of the only D3 schools in out division with a marching band, which i am a part of and love! Wilkes provides so many amazing experiences, whether it is academic through research and real life experience, athletic through our many sports programs, or artistically through band, chorus, theatre, or drawing. All of that with a beautiful, clean, and small campus. Attending this school is something I will never regret.

It is a nice small university, with all the opportunities of a large university. There is a large number of majors to choice from as well as a variety of clubs to get involved with that may have nothing to do with your major. Everyone makes you feel welcome and professors want you to succeed, you aren't just a number at Wilkes. Wilkes-Barre can be sketchy at times and while I have never had a problem while on the beautiful campus or off campus in the small city, Public Safety is always available making sure everyone feels secure.

Kaci

Professors at Wilkes University are extremely educated in their discipline, and are urging students to pursue further research regardless of their major. I've had English professors encourage Pharmacy students to enrich their language skills. I've had lab instructors put peers on to research opportunities that are on campus, thus, extremely accessible.

Hallie

Wilkes University has great academics, and the professors are available to ask questions. The professors all are very involved and care about students. For example, my professors all know me by name and talk to me outside of class and their office hours. Overall, I am really enjoying my time at Wilkes University.

Morgan

Wilkes University is located in the sleepy little town of Wilke - Barre , Pennsylvania. Wilkes - Barre is a small town going nowhere fast. It is usually quiet and there is really not much to do after 9pm. However on the university campus there a lot of fun things going. The university tries to keep life interesting after dark. They sponsor many activities such as bingos and casino nights. These events are fun because you get to meet new people and maybe if you are lucky will win a prize. Prizes include but are not limited to electronic game systems, mac books and sometimes even televisions. Our professors sometimes mix and mingle at these events. It is a gun time for everyone who chooses to attend. Wilkes University also offers students the opportunity to purchase discount movie tickets for the movie theater in town. Students can purchase a movie ticket for three dollars. Then after class or in the evening students can walk into town and attend a movie. Downtown Wilkes- Barre also has many restaurants in the downtown alsomwithin walking distance of the University. The best thing about Wilkes is it’s a small campus with small class sizes. Professors are very accessible and approachable. They work very hard with the students to help them succeed.

Nicholas

Wilkes University is a good school but they are definitely biased towards sports and the Science majors; however, this is not to say that the other majors are severely lacking.

Kenneth

I honestly love Wilkes and all it has to offer for students. It makes you constantly want to strive and compete for the batter and that’s what we all want. With the people and professors around campus there’s nothing that could ever go wrong. Wilkes is the place to be in my eyes.

Edward

Wilkes is a great school. I've been to one of there camps over the summer and I really like their programs and facilities. Being so close to my home is a great person too. I can save money by commuting and be close to my family. Hopefully I'll be a Colonel by Fall.

Gavin

The school has a close, tight-knit community feel for it in which everyone cares for each other. The professors are always around to help you learn something you are not understanding. Also, there are many good sports teams on campus as well as many activities so you are never bored.

Lina

Wilkes University has created an excellent atmosphere and environment. There are many beautiful and historic buildings that help to bring the campus environment together. They provided an easy transition from a high school to a college environment, since the university functions similarly to a high school. The professors take every opportunity to help guide their students in their studies as well as their future career path. Many of the professors were alumni of Wilkes University and have loved the university so much to the point that they dedicated their career and life to the school. Although there are a few unreasonable and unhelpful professors, there are many others who are genuinely here to help their students. I highly recommend the Nesbitt School of Pharmacy Program, which I am attending currently, because they offer guaranteed seats to first-year incoming freshman. They follow every guideline to ensure that they satisfy every standard to stay an accredited pharmacy school. My experience while dorming on-campus has gone fairly well, and the dorming buildings are nice. However, it is expensive and you must have a meal plan if you are dorming on-campus. Their food services are not the best, and I would much rather prefer to live off-campus solely to be able to buy my own groceries and food. The size of the university is fairly small, so it is easy to know most of the students and faculty. Overall, I would only recommend Wilkes University for students who want to major in nursing or pharmacy due to financial reasons.