Hattiesburg, MS
William Carey University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend William Carey University

Toni

I am what most colleges consider to be a "nontraditional" student. I am 30 years old and attempting to complete my elementary education degree. I have always had a desire to continue my education. Since being out of high school for over 10 years now I find myself wishing I were that high school senior again. If I had the opportunity to go back to my senior year I would tell myself to enjoy the experience of college life. It is truly a time you will never forget and never get back. I would also tell myself to be strict and stay commited to your major and do the absolute best you possibly can. When deciding on what major you want to pursue, be certain it is something you are going to enjoy and love and look forward to getting up in the mornings to go do. This is very important. Had I know this 10 years ago I wouldn't be trying to finish a degree at 30. College is the best years of your life. A person grows and learns so much about themselves and life during these wonderful years. Embrace the experience.

Any person who is looking for one on one, personal attention should consider attending William Carey. Because the classes are so small, it helps the teachers focus more on helping the students one on one to succeed in their endeavors.

One of the things that drew me to transfer to William Carey is its wonderful Christian atmosphere. Also their education program is wonderful. The faculty and staff at William Carey are very dedicated to helping each student achieve their education goals. I am very excited about finsihing my degree at William Carey University.

Christina

Older Me: *smacks younger self in the back of the head* Younger Me: What was that for?! Older Me: You need to start saving every cent you get from now on to pay for your Junior and Senior level of college. You'll have to take out loans if you don't. Younger Me: What else can you tell me? Older Me: *sits down and gets out a list* Stop being a brat to your grandparents, they are going to move heaven and earth to put you through college. Stop wasting time on that boy cause he's going to dump you in a year. Do not goof off in class so you won't end up stressing out. Keep writing or you'll never reach your dreams. Focus on your school work, but not enough to block out friends. Remember to laugh when things get tough. Younger Me: Anything else? Older Me: Yes, be happy with yourself. If you don't value yourself, no one else will.

cathleen

Hey, you! Yeah, you with the glasses. I've got something to tell you. Put down your graphing calculator and listen up. I know you've been working hard trying to get all your homework done and all, and that's all great. But when you get to college, it takes more than just good grades for the kind of success that you want. You need to make sure that you spend some time getting to know the other kids in your major. They may have connections that could help you, and they'll be your colleagues after you graduate. It's always good to know people. Oh yeah, and make sure you talk to your professors if you have any kind of question or problem. They have so many academic, personal, and professional resources that they would love to share with you, but they can't help you if they don't know what you need. So let them know! Alright, you can go back to your math class now. Keep working hard, but don't forget what I told you!

The best thing about my school is the professors. They take a personal interest in each student's success.

I don't advise anyone to attend this school who is looking for a place to party. This university is geared toward academic rigor rather than social events.

I enjoied the closeness of the campus environment. Everything is closeby. My dorm was just a few steps from most of my classes. This is highly convenient!

Please take time to really learn the things which will apply to your life later. Do not simply study class material long enough to make a grade and then forget the information as soon as possible. Some of that information is useful for life! Organize your notes so you can go back to them when you need them later. Spend time with people. Even more important-do good for others. Volunteer when you are able. Take a light enough load to do your very best, but not so light a load that you have too much free time and get distracted from your purpose in being in college in the first place.

William Carey is a school for students who enjoy a close knit campus with Top-notch Instructors who care about their students. There is a strong Baptist Colegiate Ministries presence on campus and many opportunities to get involved with other campus organizations and community service. Top departments at Carey, in my oppinion, are: Theatre, Psychology, Nursing, Music, and Sciences.

Danielle

This school is great academically, however, it has no social life for students living off-campus, and because it is a private Baptist college, it's administration can be quite close-minded.

We have a lot of great academic programs, like music, theatre, and nursing.

My advide to students trying to find the right college to attend is to visit many campuses and all of their facilities (dorms, cafeteria, other on-campus buildings) to see if they fit with the individual. Also, if they are able to, sitting in on a lecture class and possibly interacting with some of the students there would be a great way to determine whether the school will fit the individual's personality. My advice to the parents, is to just let go of their kids when it is time to attend college, and try not to incorporate their personal opinion too much in their child's ultimate school decision. It is important to allow the students to pick their own school and experience, because they will ultimately be the one's living their lives.

Luke

Finding the right college is a challeging life situation. Ultimately, though, I've found there are some practical guidelines. First and foremost, this is the school the student will be attending, so his choice in the matter should be important. No parent should force his child to go to a school based on his or her own history, or beliefs. That said, I trusted my parents and talked to them rationally about the pros and cons of several schools and, even though after my first year I thought I might be in the wrong place, ultimately I think they, and I as well, were right. A second word of advice I would give would be to visit the campus. It will usually make it pretty clear if it's the place for you or not. And, finally, be honest with yourself. Which school will best be conducive of academic growth for you? Do you have any problematic tendencies a certain school environment may not help you with? If you can rationally discuss with your parents, visit the campus, and be honest with yourself, I think you will find the right school.

The best thing about William Carey University is the academic aspect. Classes are small, professors are generally good, the work is not too strenuous, and professors will usually work with you. All in all, academically, it is a very respectable campus. It is a very good campus for those who live off-campus or are looking into part-time school or getting back into college after a long break.

William Carey seems to attract lots of students from homeschool families, as well as students that were raised in extreme fundamentalist mentalities in the surrounding Mississippi small towns. Because of this, many of the students are socially awkward, and many are judgemental toward beliefs that are different from their own. I have felt outcast for not being a republican, and even for being a reformed baptist, as opposed to being a strictly southern baptist. That's just one example.

Clarence

Adult Christians with the ability to endure any obstacles to obtain an education.

Early preparation is the key to a successfu land less stressful tenure.

The staff patience with the student community as a whole

Wes

The school is best known for producing the best nurses.

The school is best known for producing the best nurses.

Take the time to become aquainted with each institution before making a decision. The right choice is not always your first choice. Once you've chosen a campus, embrace the university and make use of it's faculty and it's programs.

The most frustrating thing about my school is enrollment. Each individual is enrolled on campus which is inefficient.

THE ARE VERY ENERGIETIC AND FRIENDLY.

THE ARE VERY ENERGIETIC AND FRIENDLY.

You should take the time out to vist and research any schools that you intersting in.

I think if you are looking for extra-cirricillium actvtivites and party schools this is not the school for you.

William Carey University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.