Hattiesburg, MS
William Carey University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend William Carey University

Thomas

If you want a small christian university for your student this is the placefor you to send your student. While William Carey has many positive aspects, it equally has a numbr of drawbacks as well. For instance, there are many religious groups on camus designed to aid the student, however, the cost of aid is often times the submission of the student to the beliefs of that group. Similarly, William Carey distributes great scholarships which may be taken away if the student declines to attend certain religious functios. Moreover, the net benefit of going to William Carey is that students will learn the complications of the real world - no one hands out free stuff that doesn't want something in return. As for the administration of this school, it is certainly not as student friendly as it could be but it isn't that great of a detriment either. Finally, the faculty of the university are helpful and accomodating as well as often being upstanding members of the academic community.

Aaron

William Carey is a small community of learners that strives to attain a mix of Christian values and educational experiences while creating lasting relationships among themselves and the faculty.

College should be the time of your children's lives! They will work for the rest of their days after graduation, so be sure that you help them find a place where they will have an optimal experience. The first decision that you must make is whether they are interested in attending a large or small university, and remember that small does not always mean private. This will narrow your choices considerably. I would not suggest choosing a school based on a particular major because there's always a chance that majors will change. Come up with a list of things that are important to your kids then locate schools that have fit into the ramifications of that list. After you have a list of school: VISIT THEM! Do not send your child to school without visiting it first. Be sure that you visit on a weekday when the school is in full swing, this will give your children a look at what really goes on there. Speak to professors, students, admissions, and the department they're interested in. You'll know when they've found the right school: it will be the one they cannot stop talking about!

Someone who longs for large numbers of people.

Kristy

The studnets are their to help you out.

The studnets are their to help you out.

To got to a school where they feel like is best for them. I wanted a school that was small and a good environment and that is what I got when I choose my school. Do not be affaid of taking out loans if the school is to much if it is worth your education then do what you need. Look at differnet school, get the facts and choose what is best. Good Luck in your search.

The meal plan because we have to pay 700-750 dollars a trimester and the food is not worth that. If we get the 700 (10 meal plan) we are paying $7.00 a meal and the food us not that good.

Angela

My school provides quality education in a caring environment, and it helps students who are parents, work full time, or have other responsibilities to become life long problem solvers.

My advice to parents is don't ignore the social aspect of college life. When I started college, I had no idea what I was in for, socially. I had parents who set curfew and limitations while I was at home. However, there was limited restrictions at the college I first attended. The dorms were loud. I shared A dorm with someone who wanted to hang out with friends more than she wanted to study. Sometimes we disagreed on things like the temperature of our room, music, television channels, etc. I had to learn how to comprimise with my roommate. There was peer pressure to drink, party, and have a good time, date, and stay out late. Women students were sneeking men into the women's dorms passed curfew. I caved in to some of the peer pressure, and my grades began to suffer as I tried to "fit in". I became depressed over my grades. I would advise parents to consider a private college that have restrictions. Students can have a little freedom, but not total freedom. Try to share a dorm with a friend you already know or get a private room until you get to know someone.

William Carey University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.