Rocklin, CA
William Jessup University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend William Jessup University

Christine

WJU is a Christian school. Student and staff are very friendly and involved. Students have fun without drugs or alcohol. Facilities are very nice and very new. The psychology program and English program are both phenomenal. The psychology program has dedicated professors who are accomplished in their field, and equip students with experience and knowledge. The English professors are extremely involved and have dedicated their lives fully to their students. The campus is full of life and enthusiasm. Faith is important to the school, and attended predominantly by upper middle class white people.

I have learned a great deal about my field, myself, and others. I have had opportunities to grow into my own self and identity, to gain independence and make my own choices. I have learned the value of friendship and the dangers of trusting too soon. I have learned that a woman still has worth even if she doesn't have a ring on her finger. I have discovered my passion, and have been inspired to continue my educatation to the Ph.D. level. College has equipped me for my field of work, and for life itself.

The best thing about my school is the psychology program. It has challenged my personal growth in a variety of areas, making sure that I am emotionally and mentally prepared to work in the field. I have learned volumes about the scientific side of psychology and the people-oriented side as well. People are not just viewed as science or test subjects; disorders and situations are viewed with compassion and human solidarity.

Valerie

William Jessup University is an amazingly close-knit community that really cares about its students and helps them grow though quality Christ centered education.

I would say the community would have to make William Jessup University stand out the most, because it's so small everyone at least knows everyones faces, and usually a name, there is definately an envirenment for spiritual growth here.

College has definitely been a time of growth for me... I think everyone needs that time to figure out who they are and who they want to be. I highly recommend going away for college because though I love my parents, I need that time to be away, to explore the world, and be my own person. College teaches responsibility, your mom's not going to be your second alarm when you're forty and sleep though work. All of my friends back home went to city college and it doesn't have the same effect. Even if you don't go to college for a career, go for your own self- discoveries sake. Go live in a dorm, learn to live with other people, learn what freedom there is to be able to stay up past curfew, even if only for one night. You can read all the books you want, but nothing else will give you that experience. College has given me knowledge, that will not only help me with my career, but with life. In the short time I've been here I've learned more about God, myself and others then I have in years before.

After almost one semester of college at William Jessup University under my belt, I have attained many different experiences that I find I value very much. First of all, I greatly value the experiences that naturally come with living on campus. When one is far away from their own family, it helps to be able to quickly form a family-like community with all the students all around you. My private school always caters to making the campus feel like one big family. On top of this, being in smaller sized classes has allowed me to develop personal relationships with my professors. The other night, I spent an hour and a half in my adviser's office who also happens to be my english professor (english is my declared major). We spent more time talking about all the different items in her office and what they represented than we did talking about my spring classes. It's these kind of personal relationships that make my academics improve and give me the chin-up attitude I need to accomplish all the different endeavours I have been taking on as a new college student.

William Jessup (academically) is best known for it's psychology and public policy majors; Socially, it is known for being an extremely small campus for a university, but that feature being a beneficial one to the majority of students who attend here. And on top of that, we are a Christian university, promoting the idea of students making God the top priority in their life.

William Jessup is a small, private university with a tiny yet beautiful campus and a limited number of students; this characteristic makes for more chances to learn personally, speak with professors, be comfortable with your campus family (those who live on campus with you) and build important relationships that benefit your spiritual, emotional, mental, academic, and physical awareness and stability.

Steffanie

What I have gotten out of my college experience is gratitude and resposibility. I have gotten gratitude by knowing that I can do something greater and attend a college to better my life. I have also gotten resposibility because you are responsible of what you do in college. You are responsible for your grades, your actions, and your life! It has been valuable to attend because it brings you to an understanding that you can do so much with your life and you can be anyone you want to be! College is an amazing experience and I love it!

Ashlee

Attending college has been the most amazing time of my life, its the only thing that keeps me sane. I had a terrible child hood and school was hard on me even in highschool, becasue the outcast or what you would call a loner. When I went to college it gave me something to look foward to, and I loved going to school. just meeting new people that I could actually call friends was thrilling and It made me a better person. It is really hard to afford college even with Student aid, I dont even want to ask my parents for help any more because I know they will say no. My expericenes were wonderful all around, from the help of a single professor to meeting a group of people that can change your lives for the better. Its valuable to me because...it actually saved my life.

This experience ahs been wonderful so far. I love the community of this campus and how much love there is around. The support that I have gotten from everyone is beneficial to my studies, and I'm growing as an individual.

Rebecca

It has an amazing campus, amazing professors, amazing students and the most amazing softball program! My softball team and the coaches are the greatest!

My school allows GOD on our campus! He is the center of everything we do. If you seek HIM for direction in your life, everything is much simpler.

Becca Lynn, I have a few words of advice for you. Prepare yourself for an adventure. You are about to eat, sleep, and practice with your team, while making lifelong friendships. You will become a master at time management, juggling long hours of homework, cramming for tests, hours between classes, softball practice, study hall and life. You will have classes that will challenge you, professors that bore you and professors that will make you passionate about what they are teaching. Remember that college is about new experiences, embrace every opportunity that comes along. You may change your mind several times about your career path, that is ok! If you ever fell overwhelmed, just remember you can accomplish anything you set your mind to! Hard work, Always pays off. Finishing college and receiving your degree will be one of the happiest days of your life. I will be right there with you!

William Jessup University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.