William Jessup University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for William Jessup University

Camille

Nothing outstanding about this campus, the professors do their jobs, the faculty are helpful when it suits them. Just get your education and get out. In my opinion, Jessup is good for the weight it carries and the opportunities you'll receive after you graduate because of the Jessup name. Other than that, it's about like any other college you could attend. Nothing spectacular.

Bristol

I think William Jessup is a wonderful institution. The professors are readily available and class sizes make it easier to learn and focus. Jessup has so many incredible aspects going for it that it is growing at a large rate. This brings me to my downside opinion of Jessup. It is growing to fast for what they have planned for. Housing can be a difficult and overcrowded situation and it is nearly impossible to live off campus, especially since they cut your scholarships. While the food is glorious, it also can get repetitive. Another thing, is that tuition has kept rising the past couple years and Jessup does not have a tuition freeze policy in place.

Ally

Great school. The teachers really care and are willing to help no matter what. Even willing to sit down for some coffee and just talk. Class size is small, so if that's what you like then it's great. School is nice and small so it's no hassle to walk anywhere.

Spencer

While not your typical American university, William Jessup is a great learning environment with an even better community. The small class sizes allow for better connection and support between professors and students, there is a good balance or sport; art; and academic priority, and the student body feels like a big extended family. William Jessup is great academically, and even better as an experience.

Kayceline

William Jessup University is a beautiful campus and everyone (including the faculty) are very kind. The price for tuition is pricey and they do not provide a lot of scholarships for students so you will have to hunt for them on scholarship websites. The class sizes are extremely small (depending on which classes you are taking for your major) and students can build a close relationship with their instructor. Class times are a bit limited due to the small population of the school and there are not a lot of clubs that students can join. The food is excellent at their cafeteria and the homework load is not too bad.

Reghan

I call William Jessup home. In this process of choosing a college I was nervous and afraid; when choosing a college, everyone chimes with horror stories of home sickness, bad roommates, not fitting in, being stuck in my dorm room all weekend. But William Jessup has not been a horror story; in fact, it’s almost a fairytale with endless chapters to write. At the end of my senior year of high school, I might have called myself the ugly duckling: school was hard, the social scene was tough, and I was uncertain about my future. But Jessup is like my invitation to the ball; I put on the college slipper, and I’ve grown up. I wake each day with a smile, and I go to bed laughing; I’ve met the friends I’ll have for eternity. I’ve always wanted to be a student; Jessup pushes me to be good one. I’ve always wanted a roommate; Jessup gave introduced me to my best friend. I’ve always wanted to be a teacher, Jessup puts me in classrooms and lets me see my future. Every day, it’s like they are looking into my soul and teaching me how to be a better Christian, a better woman, a better friend, a better student, a better human being. I will leave William Jessup singing its praises. It’s like Heaven on earth, and there is no place I’d rather call home!

tatyana

William Jessup is, in my opinion, the best school. Of course there are others like Azusa and Cal Baptist, but here in Nor Cal this school is the school to attend. They have so many resources whether you need emotional support, financial support, academic help, career orientation and advice, they have almost everything. It is honestly such a wonderful and calming atmosphere that I would recommend all my friends go here if possible. I actually have a friend who is considering attending Jessup soon. I admire the faculty and the staff because they go above and beyond. Thank you.

Gina

I absolutely love the environment, professors, and the small class sizes. I have auditioned for three departments, Art, Theatre, and Music, and have received extremely generous scholarships from each department. The staff is very down to earth and they are easy to talk to.

Andrew

William Jessup is overall a great university. The class sizes are small usually around 25-30 students per class, and the professors all try to get to know you personally, even the president eats lunch with students. They also have a great choir and creative arts department.

Jonee

Jessup is an amazing and loving school where the staff cares about everything student. The students are friendly and ready to invite everyone on their campus. The weekend environment is a little dead because most of the students go home for the weekend, but overall it’s a great place to go to school.

Naliyah

Awesome school I love how it is Christ centered around education and how well trained staff are and how committed they are to helping students achieve their goals in life and I feel that this is very important and crucial to every person who wants to attend college by making sure that faculty is there to help and support you and to be your spiritual guide as the years go by and even after.

Nin

I feel like college is always what you make it. Some people here are really kind and really seeking God while others simply choose to remain ignorant (in more ways than one). I think that overall the school tries to foster an atmosphere where Christ is center to everything, but diversity is not valued. I enjoy all of my classes and also the professors I have had, but I kind of wish I went somewhere where difference was celebrated.

Olga

The most amazing school I have ever known. The staff is so helpful and will go out of their way to assist you. The teachers are so encouraging and supportive in academics as well as your own personal life. Everyone is there for you, it's just one big family. The professors are very knowledgeable about what they are teaching. They give you a bigger desire to be in class. Great school! Highly recommend.

Jada

William Jessup University is a great school if you want to dive into a Christian Life Experience. There are plenty of opportunities on campus to partake into. For example, there are choirs on campus one is for tours, and the other is for on-campus only usually. The choir that tours goes to different states, and does a lot of outreach. Whereas the campus only choir performs usually for certain chapels or mainly concerts. This campus is great if you have a car or friends nearby because stores are not in close proximity. The school is very focused on putting their students in Bible Courses as a priority rather than the students actual major or focus. This school makes you take a lot of classes that are non-transferable unless you are transferring to another Christian College/ University. The campus cafe is vegan/vegetarian-friendly rather than a cold salad. The campus is pretty small and isn't hard to learn within a day. You will not really get lost here, the campus is smaller than a high school. This school does not have a band; however, has an Orchestra. The Dorm life is pretty chill there isn't a full kitchen unless you are in the apartments which is shared with several students 8 per apartment usually. Living off campus is great; however, if you get a scholarship through this University it will lessen the amount while revoking it. This school is a great school if want to feel like a kid when you are an adult. This school puts you in a Christian Bubble and prohibits watching any films that are above PG-13. I do not feel that the University has an open door policy because problems seem to be ignored instead of addressed. In closing; however, I was able to persevere, and overcome my obstacles, and complete my freshman year with amazing grades.

Mitchell

William Jessup University is a smaller private university that strives to cultivate Christian ideals and morals in all aspects of the college education experience. Classes are small, intentional, and professors are always willing to provide assistance and/or insight for their students. The campus is clean, friendly, and the admissions/finance departments are exceptionally helpful throughout the application process. Overall, it's a great college for prospective applicants that are looking for faith-related majors (Youth Ministry, Bible and Theology, etc.) but high tuition costs may deter some students that could achieve the same mainstream degree at a state school or local college.

Nicholas

I genuinly tried ot find a better school for me and couldnt, The school is convinient, class sizes are small and teachers care. While there are some things that are rather annoying such as mandatory chapel, service reuirments, a mandatory bible minor, rediculous rules like no sex outside of mairriage, limited cursing, and other ultra restrictive rules if you are willing to bear with it then it may be worth while. The teaching faculty tends to be made up of caring, intelligent, and easy to talk to. The small class sizes allow for very engaging classes which is very enjoyable. All in all, not a bad school