Oskaloosa, IA
William Penn University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend William Penn University

Benjamin

I love this University and am so grateful for the experiences and opportunities I have been given. I feel that I am valued as I am attending school. The Dorms are well kept and my only suggestion would be to put a full kitchen in the dorms. I would love to be able to cook my own food rather than being on a meal plan. I feel I have access to all that I need to be a successful student.

William Penn is a good school with many opportunities, but the campus is mainly driven by sports. Those who go there are often there just for their sport and due to this, the professors are very understanding of things. The professors are easy to get a hold of and they often like to establish friendships with their students. The campus could use some updating but overall is a good campus. When it comes to sports it can be seen in some sports that the coaches are very biased and sometimes sexist in the ways they help their teams. However, with the new athletic director (AD), things seem to be changing as he is very easy to talk to and wants to hear the opinions of all the student-athletes. This can even be seen as the dean, the president and the AD try to make it to see each sport at least once a year. As for student-life, you are close to the Des Moines area and they try to have activities on campus as well. During finals week they have snacks in the library all week for students to snack on while studying and towards the end of the year they put together and event for all student to come have a good time right before final week starts. Overall, William Penn is a good school but the best thing to do is to get involved and make friends outside of your sport as well as with people in your sport.

Jasmine

It's a beautiful and diverse school with many things to enjoy!

It's a beautiful and diverse school with many things to enjoy!

ShaRon

William Penn University is a very diverse and and welcoming school. Their teachers strive for perfection and really make sure the students needs are met and questions are answered in a timely fashion. The schools academic programs are very high quality and the athletic teams on campus are very enthusiastic and have a family vibe.

William Penn University is a unique university in that fact that I have had classes where I have had 50 classmates and I have had classes that only have two people! All the professors know you by name and want you to succeed! The small campus allows you to feel safe knowing that you know of everyone and everyone knows you.

britne

Everyone complains of this school and wants to bash on it every chance they get, of how small our school is, how boring the town is and how lame Iowa is. My view is quite opposite of theirs. They are giving me an opportunity to increase my knowledge, get the chance to go to college that none of my family has been able to, and gives me the privilege of playing basketball while focusing on my grades as well. This school tries its best to provide for their students and tries their best to please their requests. No their budget may not be Oregon deep but they make the best with funding. My school started off tiny my freshmen year but as my years continue here it only grows and grows and they do not plan on stopping the recruit progress.

The stereotype of this school is that it is the "jock" school. It can be correct because 98% of this school is strictly athletes but we also focus on our grades. I would stereotype most of this school as students who got last minute recruited but work hard for what they got... we are survivors and fighters.

The most popular student activities is to meet in Penn's Activity Center A.K.A The PAC! This is where we play basketball on the two courts, play football and soccer on the turf, run a few miles on the track and lift weights on the fitness floor. Also, while running and working out people usually get hungry well there is a solution for that in the PAC as well. There is the PAC cafe and they have amazing food! Fresh baked cookies, protein drinks and bars, fruits, salads, wraps, sandwiches, chips and so much more. There really is no dating scene at Penn a lot of people like to stay single. My closest friends at this school I met by being my roommate and team mate. Saturday nights there is cosmic bowling, usually it is better to go on Thursdays but Saturday is also designated. Off campus we have many parks to go and throw the ball, take our pets and enjoy the warmth of the sun while listening and watching the different variations of living organisms.

Even though I did change my major to criminal psychology I love the pre-med program and biology program the school obtains. There are hands-on labs that increases the students experiences and also improves their knowledge. I also invest a lot of my time within Penn's psychology program. I schedule meetings with the psychology professors and get more information that I will need for my grad schooling and ways to get full capacity of the lessons they are presenting to us in class. In side all classrooms class participation is always expected and students get a healthy competitive aspect of everything. While getting competitive they are learning all the material.

Haley

We have a very diverse class with people of all ages, backgrounds, and values.

We have a very diverse class with people of all ages, backgrounds, and values.

First off I would tell my freshman and sophmore self to try harder. I would tell myself to really study Spanish and be good at it. I would want to tell myself to join more clubs and be more active. I would like to tell myself to take more Dmacc courses becaause I could have had more dual credit. Most I would just tell myself not to settle for anything less then what I deserve.

The teachers do not have a lot of control over the students. They let everyone talk and be rude to the professors and do nothing about it. Those of us who actually want to learn get as much help as those who mess around and talk and i don't like that.

April

A diverse, friendly, open minded, school who cares about you as an individual and who you are as a person, to help you accomplish every goal you want to achieve in life and to help you become a better you.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself that no matter how tough things get you can push through it and can accomplish anything wish. Slow down and really enjoy everything college has to offer. You really have everything planned out to make the transition. Write down what your goals are and just start checking them off as you go. Truly believe in yourself because it’s you who gets you through every life experience. Trust in your friends, family, professors, and professionals for any advice and help they may have. Make sure you try your hardest at every point in your journey because I promise you, it will pay off.

William Penn University in Oskaloosa, Iowa is truly unique in every aspect of learning, structure, and attitude. William Penn University actually prepares the student for on and off campus in leadership positions. Every person that I have come across is very open and friendly and willing to give you their full attention. They have focus on equality, the Quaker principles of simplicity, technology, leadership, peace-making, and community. They provide you with opportunity’s to better your life and give you access no matter what weather traditional or non-traditional. Each student receives individual attention and hands on experience.

I graduated from high school this year and took classes at a community college for duel credit. I am glad I did this because it provides me with a head start going into the fall. I took classes like Medical Terminology, English 101, Human Biology, Introduction to Health Careers, and I am now a Certified Nursing Assistant. Taking these courses will help me in the future for finding a good job like as a CNA in a nursing home or in a hospital environment. Another advantage is that I got a taste of college in high school so I can have a better understanding of what to expect in the fall when I attend full-time. I believe that going to college while I was still in high school not only gave me educational courses that my high school could not have but also gave me the chance to develop as an individual.

That they have limited people working the offices.

I do not know them because I have not attended the university yet.

William Penn University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.