Palatine, IL
William Rainey Harper College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend William Rainey Harper College

Valerie

Compared to other universities I considered, Harper College is way cheaper and the classes are smaller.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior in high school, first off I would make it clear college is a lot harder than high school. If you were a A or B average student high school was pretty much a breeze; there were a few hard classes and nights of staying up late, but mostly you were given a ton of time to finish what needed to be done. College, not so much. You might be learning an entire chapter in two days and thats only for one class. The course load is much more riggorous and you need to sit down and seriously get metally perpared and commited to doing well in it. Second I would suggest not underestimating the power of friendship. College isn't like high school, your going to have to step out of your box and try to meet new people, i suggest trying to join a club or group for one of your hobbies, this way your meeting new people that you have something in common with already. Lastly, don't forget the power of teamwork, for your harder classes seek out people in your class to study with.

A considerable amount of students attending the college aren't serious about completeing their degree or taking class serious. Its like high school 2.0, I liked high school as much as the next, but its time to grow up become an adult and think about our future.

Devin

I would tell myself that fear is natural, and not to be afraid of changing my surroundings. You can find more friends and support anywhere, especially in a college environment. I would also tell myself not to be afraid to persure art right away and that there are ways to make a living doing something you love, although it will almost always be difficult. However, there are more possibilities for rewards. I'd say to start following my dreams right off the bat, instead of hesitating. Also, I'd tell myself to go to all my classes, and not let my comfort staying at home to interfere with my academic dedication. And finally, I'd say to always start projects early. Even though I think I work better under pressure, getting important projects out of the way earlier will help ease stress and anxiety.

I wish I had known that it would be harder to make friends in a junior college compared to a regual four year college.

The worst things are some individual teachers and the students. The few teachers are very unorganized, and a handfull of the students I've encountered have been very disruptive. But other than those individual problems, I think my school is a very good junior college.

Stefanie

Dear high school Stefanie, The transition from high school to college is not going to be easy. Your going to feel frustrated, anxious, restless, and ignorant. Nobody told you how intimidating the real world would be, but do not panic, because you will make the right decision and learn that challenges in life are necessary. Do not hesistate to complete those scholarship applications early and begin actualizing your dreams to study abroad. Stop waiting for letters of acceptance from top 10 colleges, and be happy about all the money you are going to save by getting your associates degree at a community college. Remember it is never too early to donate your time to volunteer projects, but more importantly, enjoy your last year of high school, because you will have to wait 10 years for the reunion! Have fun and live life, College Stefanie P.S. Please stop being idle and understand that motivation is the key to success.

A smart and savvy student who understands that college education is important but also must be affordable. Anyone who is not afraid of saving money, getting involved, working hard, and learning should attend William Rainey Harper College.

William Rainey Harper College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.