William Woods University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for William Woods University

Victoria

William Woods University is a University that strives on student involvement as well as the community that surrounds it. We have many activities and clubs that you can be involved in. I myself am in two clubs currently. William Woods offers many opportunities for local to international. William Woods will always hold a special place in my heart.

HELEN

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. TEACHERS NEVER GRADE ANYTHING OR TALK TO YOU. NO FEEDBACK. NO GUIDANCE. NO NOTHING. THIS ONLINE PROGRAM IS A COMPLETE JOKE. THE TEACHERS WHO DO COMMUNICATE WITH YOU ARE RUDE AND NOT HELPFUL. THANKS FOR GIVING ME AN A AND TEACHING ME NOTHING! YOU SUCK!! BIGGEST WASTE OF MONEY EVER. IF I WASN'T SO FAR ALONG IN THE PROGRAM, I WOULD DEFINITELY GO ELSEWHERE. HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE!!!

Caitlin

William Woods University is a rounded educational experience. The class size is small, so there is always opportunity to ask questions in class. The professors are knowledgeable, and are always reachable and available for students to come in and ask questions. They don't mind hanging around and chatting with students, either. There are so many opportunities to get involved, and participate in extra curricular activities, whether it be through going to sports games, joining Greek life, volunteering around campus with leadership positions, attending horse shows, and the many LEAD events. Which brings up the fact that a main goal of the University is for students to be aware, and learn about things outside of their course schedules. There is a scholarship available for every student where if they attend a certain number of these informational and interactive events, they receive a scholarship. It shows how much the university values rounded, and involved individuals. The instructors always strive to be up to date in their field, and prepare their students for their next steps in life. I, and other students feel that they can talk to staff and professors at any time. The student body is extremely welcoming, feels like a family, and the campus is beautiful. I have thoroughly enjoyed and loved my experience at William Woods so far as a sophomore majoring in biology/pre-vet, with minors in Spanish, Equestrian Science, and music.

Jessie

I am currently finishing up my first semester as an equine student and am desperately trying to get out. I initially started with my major as equine science with a goal to become a trainer. I immediately felt as if this school would never be able to get me to the riding level to become a trainer and quickly switched my degree to management, which basically consists of the same classes anyways. When I arrived, the horses has done nothing all summer. I'd say they sat out on pasture but that would be a lie- for 157 horses, there are only a couple small dry lots. Their stalls look like 10x10s, not even 12x12s, and they only get an hour of turnout a day, if even. I was told by one of the older girls that about 10 of 30 in hunter jumper are almost always lame. I have been instructed to ride lame horses. I have seen riders been told to ride horses when they're missing shoes. The barns are filled with dust. The stalls stink of ammonia from the pee not being removed. The farrier isn't out enough and many have their hooves growing upwards. The tack is commonly cleaned with dirty water and for having such a dusty barn there are no saddle covers. The hunter jumper coach doesn't instruct the class and tell us how to improve. If we get anything, it's what we're doing wrong, not how to fix it. The barns are mouse infested. I've never seen so many dead mice in water buckets. In my time here, I've gone over maybe five jumps. I was yelled at when cold hosing a horses legs since they'd had a summer off and we had done a decent ride. Now, you may have toured the school. I thought it looked great when I did. But they put on a fantastic show that disappears the second you put in your tuition deposit. Also, the dining hall is god awful. They also put on a good front for visitors, those are the times we all go. Any day you can leave without feeling nauseous is a major win.

Caitlyn

William Woods has the perfect student-to-teacher ratio, 11:1. Almost every class has 20 students or less, which allows you to stay focused and teachers can answer any questions. The teachers are super friendly and are always available for help. Most will have study sessions to help with tests. WWU has the LEAD program, where students can receive an annual $5,000 scholarship by going to different events the campus and its community put on. For example, you can attend a lecture, go to a play, participate recreational sports or go to the gym on campus. The campus may be small, but everyone is very friendly.

Andrew

William Woods University was a great school for individual growth if applied. It doesn't have the nicest facilities, but whatever it lacks in it makes up in personnel. The teachers go above and beyond to help a student who is pushing past expectations. The biggest hurdles to get over would be the poor living conditions, food, and location; this is when your imagination really needs to kick in because school and work can only take so much time.

Caitlin

I really enjoy going to college here. The professors are very approachable in the classroom and out. Small campus means everybody knows everybody and that's the kind of town I grew up in so I'm used to it and I love it. My farthest class is a 5 minute walk. I really just enjoy this college and the people that I've come to know.

Selena

I love the school. The people there were extremely friendly and helpful. Every turn i made there was someone to help me if i needed it. The campus is extremely nice and elegant. The people reach out to you to help you feel like you don't have anything to worry about. They try their best to make your college experience a smooth one.

Nichole

The campus has the historical look and environment. Very pleasant environment. The students all seemed very friendly and greeted with a smile. The advisers are very helpful and responsive. The campus is set up nicely and offers many opportunities for fun and educational events.

Ryan

Reslife, Greek life organizations and security are reasons to hate living here. Tucker dinning hall is awful too but that for another day. IFC and Panhellenic have no idea how to govern Greek life and William woods should look to replacing their advisor. Reslife is nosey and people can’t just go about their day without fearibgbof getting written up, fined or other punishments.

It's a humble and small campus. However, there is a vast amount of issues with the school. Teachers are able to get to know their students well, but because of that teachers are extremely bias. Funding is not wisely spent. Building are crumbling all around. Food is inedible with chronic cases of food poisoning. Teachers are paid below average. Things like this should not happen at a school that has the tuition of 21,260+ USD.

Cassidy

This campus was one of the nicest, clean,organized and well maintained in my area. This University offers so many classes that most colleges don't offer, they are also the top equine college in the entire U.S. This university also has a very friendly faculty and is very easily navigable, all building are taking care of. This college also provides a student to teacher ratio of 13-1, so if you are looking for smaller classes this one is a great one to go to.