Walnut Ridge, AR
Williams Baptist College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Williams Baptist College

It was the worst semester of my life I still have nightmares about the dorms and the softball coach. The showers never get you clean and I use to go to hotels when I had extra money just to get a nice shower. I cried most nights.

Ashlyn

I was very nervous about starting college, but ever since I have come to Williams, it has always been like a second home. My professors are very helpful and friendly. My friends have turned into family. The atmosphere at this college is unlike anything I have ever known before. It is a great, friendly school!

Rebecca

We recently just became an University, so now were Williams Baptist University. I genuinely enjoy my school and the people around it. Everybody has a close bond and are very supportive and caring. The dorm life is nice and the food can be great at times. My favorite thing about William's is the small campus. We are great for our size but being on a small campus has it's advantages. There are smaller classes so more one on one with your professor, and making it easier to make friends. Being with people with the same like faith as you is awesome!

Brianna

Williams Baptist College, soon to be University, is a fantastic place to attend school, especially if one is focused on their academics. The student to professor ratio is small, so that means students can better interact with their professors. Students here are not known by their I.D. numbers, they are people with names and faces. Faculty, staff, and students care about one another, and there is a deep sense of community on campus. If you are wanting to sleep all day and party all night, Williams is not your university. However, if you are serious about your studies and your future, you will find a campus full of people to assist you and push you further than you ever thought you could go.

Rhonda

Love this college! It was a great choice for me!! I love the small classes for most subjects. My favorite attribute of the school is the availability of the professors. They have an open door policy and really encourage students to come in with their questions

Cheyenne

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, there's so many things I would tell myself. First of all, I would tell myself that even going to a Baptist college, life isn't going to be perfect and just happy all the time. I truly believed that going to Williams would make life so easy. I expected there to be no arguments, disagreements or tension, which is really unrealistic. Life in of itself isn't perfect, how can one school be? Also, I would tell myself living in a dorm isn't nearly as hard as I would expect it to be. I was afraid of adjusting to life on campus, as well as wondering if I would even get along with my roommate. If I could talk to my 'senior self' I would tell myself to not worry, but to also expect it to not be perfect. Nothing's perfect, but that's okay. I would tell myself that I would adjust fine, and that the faculty here encourage me to do well. I would also tell myself that I couldn't have chose a better school.

Someone who doesn't like to be near people, due to the close rooms, it's pratically impossible to not have some kind of interact with people.

Honestly, not to sound cheesy, but there's nothing frustrating about the school itself. The most frustrating thing I've dealt with while being at Williams is simply not doing what I need to in order to not get behind in school. Things come at you fast and it's hard to catch back up when you're behind, but that's on the person, not the school.

Jessie

The most beautiful sight here at WBC is the Manley Chapel-it's extraordinary! The professors are constantly creating trips for students who want to learn and also explore. Everyone is so friendly-it's like we're one big family, if anyone ever needs someone to talk to, you can garantee there will be someone there listening. If it's cold outside, other students will offer you a ride to where ever you're going, just so you don't freeze! We're always making time to worship God. I don't know what I'd do without WBC.

First of all, I would tell myself that I need to take as many AP classes as I can that year, so I wouldn't have to take those classes the next year in college. I would tell myself not to stress about school, that I would do great. I remember planning college since I was in the 6th grade, and by the time I was a senior I worried about everyting: failing my first semester, not making any friends, and not having enough money to pay off my tuition. If I could talk to myself as a high school senior again, I would tell myself that all my tuition would be completely covered and I wouldn't have problems with money. I would tell myself I'd have a big group of friends from all different backgrounds, friends who really worry about me and who are really there for me, I'd also clarify the fact that the classes are more interesting, so they are easier to pass because you actually listened. If I could give my senior self a few words to describe the college life they'd be: Magical, lasting relationships, entertaining, hard work, and reading.

I always brag about how much WBC is invested in God. Unlike most colleges, we have prayer before class, we have collide on tuesday nights-which is singing, praying, testamonies, and whatever is layed on our hearts. We also have Chapel on wednesday mornings: this is when we have a guest speaker come and talk to us about their testamonies and tell us how much God loves us and they also give us advise on how to get through our 4 years here at WBC. Because we are completely emersed in God, we don't have to worry about crimes.

My college experience has been a growing and learning experience. I love my college, especially my professors they push me to do my best and to apply myself, which I did not do fully in high school. Responsibility is a word that I have come to know first hand with my time and money management through having the freedom at college to make decisions about what I do with both. I love being able learn so many things that will apply to my future and Williams provides that for me. The rest of the staff there are kind and really look out for my best interest and they care about what's going on in my life. Also, they provide lots of activities, because I can't study all the time. The Christian atmosphere there is really great, because that is my faith and it is encouraging to see so many other young Christians living out their faith also. One thing about this college is I don't have to worry about my safety, there is litteraly no crime there. I couldn't ask for a better environment to become productive member of society in.

The worst thing about my college are their sidewalks. They are uneven, cracked, and to be quite honest they are dangerous. I have tripped and nearly fallen countless times it's very embarrassing. I shouldn't have to pay attention to every step I take to make sure I do not injure myself, because of an old sidewalk.

The lack of communication between the administration departments. It has caused me to make mutiple trips to the addministration building. If they had just shared records the problems could have been solved and it would have saved me valuable time I had for my studies.

Tammy

Most were very young and had very little experience in business and life.

Most were very young and had very little experience in business and life.

My first thought would be to tell myself as a young person to find a career path and stick to it. As I think about that response I realize that the best education I have received has been a result of my failures. I have worked in a corporate world, in small business and been self employeed. I have enjoyed some great positions in a variety of industries. If I had taken my adivce I would have missed so many wonderful experiences. So I guess my advice to myself would be, do not fear the known. Embrace new challenges and never limit yourself to the point that you can not allow yourself to take a chance to be your best. As I go back to school, I am doing just that and I realize I am so fortunate that I can live my dream.

I had gone part time for many years and the process of transferring credits to complete a degree was frustrating.

Priscilla

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior then I would tell myself that education is important and that having a family should wait until after college. I really didn't plan on attending college my senior year of high school. I just wanted to graduate, get married, and start a family. I didn't think about getting a higher education and having a career instead of a job. I have two small children and am also married which has made college difficult. I also have to work and at some points throughout college have had to work 3 jobs in order to make ends meet. I am now a senior in college and plan on graduating in May of this year. It has been a long and trying road but I am almost there. So the one thing that I would say to myself as a senior in high school would be to conentrate on going to college so that I would be able to financially provide for my family.

I like that the campus is small and everything is convienient. You don't have to park your car and then walk two miles to get to class. Everything is within walking distance. The faculty are very helpful and kind. We have small classes and so it is more personal. The teachers and students get to interact because the campus offers alot of school activities. I also like that it is a Christian school.

I wish that I would have known that they only offer certain classes at certain times of the year and that some classes are only offered every other year. I also with that I would have known exactly what I wanted to do because I changed my major after 3 years of school.

Williams Baptist College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.