Williams College Top Questions

Teresa

Northwestern Massachusetts, is, to say the least, not an urban area. Williams is one of those schools often cited for being "in the middle of nowhere." I wish I had known that this seeming lack of civilization has a life of its own, if you choose to become a part of it. And besides, when you are studying like crazy for midterms or finals, you somehow find yourself in the same position as everyone else - even those you thought only cared about their social lives. You don't have to have everything figured out when you get there.

Corey

To be honest, Williams is everything I thought it would be. I therefore have no regrets about choosing Williams based on false impressions that I had of the school. That being said, I do wish I had widened my college search to encompass more diverse schools. I mainly limited my search to the New England area, and did not even think to look on the West Coast, or even further south on the East Coast. I am not sure how looking at these other schools would have affected my decision, but I do wish I had broadened my search.

Rahul

I wish I had a better understanding for how academically rigorous the school was. The professors are excellent, but really demand a lot from the students.

Andrew

How small the community is. 2000 kids isn't terribly small but faces become familiar quick.

Alexandra

How to choose classes.

Sabrina

I wish I had known that ethnic majority here would levitate so much towards cliques within their own group and be so exclusive.

Kayla

Nothing, Williams does a great job of introducing freshman to the area and Williams community.