Williams College Top Questions

Why did you decide to go to this school?

One of the biggest pulls for me was the entry system. I didn't fully understand it, but it sounded too good to be true at the time. It started to make sense as the year progressed (see my other posts for more on the entry system and JAs...as an incoming JA, I'm kind of obsessed with it). I took the campus tour on a beautiful day and the experience was just amazing. Everyone I interacted with was friendly and seemed to love being at Williams. Everything about the place just seemed to click for me. I also didn't have much of a clue as to what I wanted to do with my life, or even what I wanted to major it, so Liberal Arts was the way to go for me. The core curriculum seemed really flexible which helped in that respect, too. Some people think that most students who decide to go to Williams are Ivy League rejects, but actually somewhere around 40{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of every freshman class is accepted Early Decision. I did not apply Early Decision and didn't get in to the one Ivy League school I applied to, but I honestly would have chosen Williams either way.

A student tells us why he chose Williams

A student tells us why he was sold on Williams.

A student tells us why he chose Williams.

A student tells us why she chose to come to Williams.