Williston, ND
Williston State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Williston State College

I attended Williston State College for two years, I received both my AA and my AS. During my time at Williston State I also was on the Women's Basketball team and let me just say it is not really a sports school. BUT the academics and the teachers and classes were truly amazing. The teachers actually care about their students and it shows big time.

Carrie

Williston state college is very open beautiful campus including the frontier hall dorms and there athletes I feel like there to die for and people love to come and support there fellow Tetons. Williston offers a lot to just get involved with the school where you can sign up and get to run events that are held around the school.

Brett

I really enjoyed this campus and am anxious to attend there in the fall. It seems to be a place where they really care about the students. When I visited there they showed how committed they are to keeping students in school and be successful. I also liked how close the students seemed and that there were lots of fun activities for students to attend.

Savannah

It’s a smaller college and easy to get around. Everyone is super friendly and willing to help you if you are ever in need. The smaller community feel is also why makes Williston feel like home when I am away from my family. I’m so glad I chose WIlliston State College.

Courtney

I have enjoyed my experience here so far. The teachers are very helpful and make sure you understand the material. It is a clean environment that makes me feel welcome. There are many classes to choose from, although I wish there were more choices for learning new languages.

Brittney

I think the staff and faculty are wonderful. They're friendly and always willing to help out the best they can. It helps calm any nerves a student may possibly have.

I believe students who excel well in school may get somewhat bored here. It's a two year community college and may not be as challenging as other institutions. However, it is a great place to learn for just about anyone.

I would tell myself to not wait. Schooling is much easier when you are young and living without children. As you get older things like schooling do not come as easy. It is harder when you work full-time and have a family that depend on you.

Marleigh

I would tell myself that going to college is a definate change from high school. Even thought it is different, do not let yourself get too involved, otherwise you will stress yourself out and stress out others in your life. You just need to have fun, do not work long hours, be involved in student activities, go to sporting events, and hang out with your roommate. Being with your roommate allows you to learn about them as well as yourself. Just live each day and let the pieces fall where they may. You cannot change the choices you make, so live with what you have decided.

Since WSC is a two-year school, not many programs are avaliable. I am also interested in music, but limited music classes are offered.

People that attend WSC usually are just wanting to get their general education credits out of the way a a much more cost effective price. Students that want to be in a smaller teacher to student ratio school.

Jordan

I would have told myself to buckle down, apply for more scholarships and apply for a full list of classes that might not have been closely tied. I would want to see myself get into a class and find something i really want to do and go further with my education. I would have told myself to be gracious with your money and make sure to take advantage of all the school has to offer. Also to find friends that can help you succeed at what you hope to accomplish while at school. Also make close ties with the people in your classroom so that when you need help, someone that you know could help you rather than bothering the instructor all the time and worrying about having to find him on his off hours.

It is in a small town where there really is not much to do for a student to do during the day or nights to keep them out of trouble. It would be cool to see things come to our town and give my classmates and I more things for us to do.

Someone who is not willing to work and put a little bit of time in. It really is not that hard to get A's but as a student, you must pay attention and work a little.

LORI

College is a monumental step to a wonderful, fun, full, rich and rewarding life of higher learning. The courses that you will be enrolling in are limited to the number of students per class. This allows for more one on one help from the instructor. If you have a question about the assignment(s) or do not understand the topic or assignemnt(s); never be afraid to ask for help! Get to know your instructors and classmates, as they can all offer help and advice. Take advantage of the campus chat rooms, send e-mails, and do not hesitate to blog. Resources are available through the Online Dakota Information Network, North Dakota State Library, ALT Website, and the website for every ND college. Athletics and Student Organizations are many other avenues to help you adjust to campus learning and life.

I enjoy the smaller classes; as it allows more one on one with the Instructor. The Instructors are so helpful and friendly; they answer e-mails as soon as possible and encourage students to call them if there is a problem that cannot be understood.

I wish there are were more students enrolled; I feel that it is due to the word "State" in the title. Some people feel that a school is not as good if it does not have the word university in the title. I wish that more classes were offered on-line.

Williston State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.