New Castle, DE
Wilmington University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wilmington University

Sharday

Wow! I am about to start college like next year. I have to get serious about life now because the teachers will get serious as well. I need to make sure that the college I‘m going to, will be right for me. By doing so, I could go to open houses and special events. In order, to have money for classes; I have to apply for FAFSA online. Then, I will be able to register for classes. I have the chance to go online and browse different careers that fit me. Scholarships would also be a good idea to apply for at this moment. There are many books that I have to purchase. I have to give my parents the “heads-up” about my expenses on college. I don’t want to waste all of the years in college for something that I wasn’t really into. Even though, there will be a lot of parties going on for college students; I have to put in time to do my school work also. College life is serious and I need to have a set mind about who I want to be in life or what careers fit me.

lynaida

This school is not for students who wait last minute to do assignments.

This school is not for students who wait last minute to do assignments.

The teachers are really helpful and the class sizes are nice. You get the individual attention you need.

Hey Lynaida, this is the future you. Now listen up closely, trust me, you want to hear everything i have to tell you. When you go to college please remember to stay focused. If you don't know something, the teachers are their to help. DO NOT be afraid to ask any question. The quicker you learn the material the easier it is when you reach your last classes before graduation. DO NOT i repeat DO NOT procastinate on any assignments, you cannot afford to flunk any classes! Do you hear me?! College isn't as bad as they say it is and as long as you study something that interest you, you will have no problem succeeding. I know your serious about your education but please remember to enjoy your experience. Attend sports events and school dances. Build a stronger social life and experience new things. College is the place for learning and having fun. Please just learn to balance them sooner than later. I believe in you and i know you have the determination to succeed, just keep what i said in mind. Have fun and just be you!

Jamie

I attended a satellite campus in NJ. Class sizes were small and personal. The majority of the students in my classes were interested in obtaining an enriched learning experience. There will always be students who are uncertain of why they are there and they do fall by the wayside although this represented a small amount. On a satellite commuting campus there is of course little interaction with other students after classes are over. Some classes encouraged group dynamics and many of the projects centered on synergy. I feel perhaps on the main campus there would be more of a semblance of that university feel. Most students at the satellite campus attended class and then went home. With today's proliferation of online programs and long distance learning this may signal a long term trend.

Non productive and not adept to critical thinking

I found a great diversity in the student population-racial,religious and age. There are many part timers trying obtain a degree while working. I would think there are more full time students at the main campus.

The professors that I have encountered have gone to great lengths to assure that students received a top notch learning experience. They were all completely accessible-whether it be over the phone, email or personal appointments.

Damien

From the measurable concept of a college degree to the more abstract concepts of wisdom, patience, and team work, I’ve gained a basis for all of my future endeavors. My college experience has given me a breadth of knowledge that allows me to perform and compete in my chosen field and fully understand how it interacts with other fields of study. I’ve learned that simply completing a task is not much more than the minimum requirement for success and that the importance within the larger scheme of things is far more important. The value of a college degree is far more than the piece of paper that most of us believe is the end-goal when we first apply. It’s not just proof that we’ve passed the courses to the satisfaction of the institution. It’s actually the proof that we’ve finished what we’ve started, that we’ve interacted successfully with a broad range of people with varying backgrounds, and that we’ve been exposed to the broader concept that human is human regardless of borders, ethnicity, religion, or economics. I am educated, but more importantly I know what it means to be human.

Schedule. Easy to work and go to school.

Almost endless variety of scheduling. Classes run all day up to 10:30 p.m. There are weekend classes. School year is broken into a Tri-mester. Spring and Fall sessions can be broken into blocks, so there is the possibility of completing 5 traditional semesters per year.

I have grown a lot as a person since starting college, and given the chance to give advice to myself as a high school senior there is a lot I would say. I think the best advice I would give myself is to take studying seriously. In high school I was always able to get good grades without studying for a single test; however in college it is quite different, so I would advise myself to start good studying habits before graduation. Another piece of advice I would give myself is to not worry about what other kids say about me because none of it matters when you graduate. I was always worried about what others thought about me in high school but after going to college I realize that it is acceptable to be myself because there will always be people in my life who will like me for who I am. While I may never be able to give these two vital pieces of information to the person I was as a high school senior, I am glad I can share this information with the young people that I encounter on a daily basis.

I wish I had known how much harder you have to work at a University than you do at a Community College. Wilmington University seems to challenge me a lot more, which I think is a good thing because I get a lot more knowledge out of the curriculum. I wish I had also known how helpful the staff could be since I was initially intimidated to go to a University.

Wilmington University is a school that challenges your mind, full of helpful staff members and students that are always willing to help one another.

Diamandi

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior I would teach myself how to capitalize on productivity. Setting goals is a great way to get to where you want to be. I would tell myself to set goals. To achieve these goals I would tell myself to do one small thing each day to work toward one of the goals. To do lists are a great way to break down a busy schedule into manageable sections. Priorities should also be set within the list of tasks, in order to stay focused. Expect the unexpected! Handling high priority items first will allow room for unexpected interruptions. If you do what you have to do so you can do want you want to do! There will never be enough hours in the day to do all the things you set out to do. You don?t have to go to every campus function or go with your friends every time they extend an invitation. Remember to take care of the important things first so that you can get all that you want out of life.

Wilmington University is a friendly place.

Ashlee'

Wilmington University is a very small school. The teachers know you by name, not a number. It's also geared around working class students. They do not offer dorms so better for in-state students or students traveling a short distance. They offer hybrid programs, can graduate with a BA in two years, and hybrid classes, online part of course and in class the other half. This is a great school but for students looking for a small school and want to graduate quickly.

Since it is such a small school, teachers are very strick on attending. I used to go to the University of Delaware which is huge. You could be taking a class with 300 other students and you get lost easily. Here you don't. The teachers email you when you don't call to find out where you are. You can also fail a class by missing too many classes. I work full time and have a child so sometimes it's not the best to be known SO well by your teachers.

The most important consideration when picking a college is what you want to do with your life after. Don't worry about which school has the most things to do on campus, the best dorms, the biggest party school, etc. Also, once starting school, be very time oriented. Make time to study and do the work. Don't procrastinate and put things off because your work WILL suffer. In college there is no extra credit or time extension like in highschool. It's also a lot harder to bring your GPA in college. College only lasts for four or five years, after that you have your real life the rest of your life. Save money to pay off student loan, they will haunt you forever afterwards if you can't pay them off. What you do in college is what you will do the rest of your life. If you slack off it's going to show when you start the work force and you will never get promotions or pay raises. Start now for your future.

Chalon

I would have created a stronger work ethic and schedule for myself so I could get everything I needed done. I would also have taken a semester break between high school and college to get ready for the major commitment I was going to make.

Someone who needs flexible school times.

Assisting older students get a degree.

Wayne

Most people conjure up negative reactions when a student mentions they attend the college.

Your better off attending a Community college, then applying to a decent four year college.

It's an open admissions college, with no academic standards what-so-ever. Every student who wants an "A", just simply have to show up for class. It's a worthless degree.

Most are adults returning to school for a second or third chance. The schools is not for intellectuals or those who seek a top-notch academic institution.

Majority of the students are rejects from other colleges.

Looking back, on the information I know now, I would tell myself to find a school that provided an educational experience as well as a social experience. I would recommend attending a college with a student body that was made up of predominately traditional college students. A college experience that was rich in age appropriate acivities that were exciting and stimulating to the students body. And a school that fostered a strong sense of school spirit. In terms of education, it is important to find a college that believes in the importance of a healthy student-teacher relationship. As a student, you should feel comfortable in the classroom and know that resources are available to you when you have questions or need help.

With no on-campus housing, it is hard to form meaningful, life-long, friendships with other students.

Wilmington University provides a stimulating education with intriguing educators, in a comfortable classroom setting.

Wilmington University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.