New Castle, DE
Wilmington University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wilmington University

Hillary

My school is best known for pushing people out into the world with virtually the same education they came in with. There are few decent instructors here with whom you will learn from. The school is also know for being more expensive than the state university or University of Delaware.

If I could go back in time, I would tell my past self not to listen to my guidance counselor who told me not to waste my money on application fees because I probably wouldn't get into the school of my choice. I listened to him and I regret it. I applied to two schools, a community college and a private college. I was accepted to both and chose the private college because it was out of state. I never liked it at this school but it was close to home. Now, I'm two weeks from graduating with a degree I want nothing to do with and plans to continue my education down south doing something fun and exciting, baking!!! I can't wait to get my life on track, the only problem is the money I need to fund my education. My parents make too much money so I don't qualify for any loans, but they won't help me pay this time and I don't make enough money to support myself and my education. I suppose I would have also told myself to save more money, it's just so hard these days.

I honestly believe that, after being at this school for 4.5 years that, a lazy person should attend my current school. I have not learned anything during my four and a half year stint at Wilmington. I can't wait to continue my education elsewhere, somewhere I can learn and succeed, somewhere that is not a diploma mill. Many people will tell you the same thing about this school, quite frankly, it's sad. I wish I had known that years ago when I originally applied.

Kendra

Our school is best known for a commuter campus, and adult friendly classes.

Our school is best known for a commuter campus, and adult friendly classes.

I would be thrilled if I could go back in time and tell myself what I should do about finding the right college for me. I would tell myself that there is no such thing as visiting too many schools. I would say to look at every and any school that I am interested in and talk to them and visit them. I would also say to keep an open mind and to not let anyone try and pressure you into a decision before you are ready. I would say to myself that even though you are looking to play a college sport, you need to make sure if something prohibited you from playing that sport that you would love the school for the school. Keeping that in mind because you never know what could happen to you so you need to love the school and feel welcome there. The last thing I would say is follow your heart and know that money shouldn't be a factor because it can always be paid back. Have fun and enjoy your college career and life!!

A student who lives close by and who doesn't mind not having on campus life/housing. If you want to play division two sports without paying a lot this is a good school for you.

Kimberly

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would simply tell myself not to be afraid of the college atmosphere, to set goals and accomplish them. The transition may not be easy, but it is a positive life changing event that will never be regretted. No one can take away one's knowledge. It is truly power.

People that like lectures in halls and would rather be a number. Also, those who are not serious about a good college education.

I tell my friends I have great professors who really care and encourage their students. I also tell everyone how much I love the smaller, more intimate classes.

Kaitlyn

Wilmington is a school with small classes where teachers work in the field that they teach, they wants students the best for thier students, and try to do everything they can to help them.

If i had to go back and talk to myself as if i was a high school senior i would tell myself not to stress out as much. College may be harder but it comes with a lot of positives, the teachers are there to help you and the people you go to class with are going to be very friendly and want to help you too. i would also tell myself that all the information i learned in high school you use in college and it is important to remember and retain that information, because by doing this it will make college a lot easier.

I would have to consider parking the worst thing because there are more students than parking, and if you dont get to class early enough you have to park far away.

Danielle

My school offers small class sizes in a big city atmosphere. It is only a few miles from Wilmington and down town Newark which is another college town. Alot of students from my school go to Newark to hang out and have fun with University of Delaware students. Other schools that I considered in towns like this had class sizes of a hundred or more, at Wilmington class are between 10-20 students on average. The teachers know all the students by name and they have plenty of time to give each student individual attention.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice about college life I start by telling myself that it is not something to stress over. All during high school techers would stress over how hard college is going to be and how strict professors are. I disagree, all during grade school I have been preparing for the next grade, so when college comes around if I am certain that I have tried my best throughout highschool then there is nothing to worry about. I am well prepared and as long as I focus on my school work, college will be just like any other grade. As for choosing my school I would tell myself to write down the things I am looking for in a school. Then while searching make sure any school that I consider contains all of those quailities. Colege is not something I should settle on. I need to choose the school that is best for me and fits my needs and wants. To settle for anything less than the best is to sacrifice a gift.

Before I came to this school I wish I would have known that there is no on campus housing. Apartment complexes nearby do offer lower rates to students; however, I wish I had known that before attending.

Wilmington University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.