Wilmington University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Wilmington University

Tawanda

I am an online distance learner at WilmU. I have visited the campus several times and it is immaculate, newly built and inviting. I get text invitations to campus activities. I also can join campus groups online. Professors are an email away although they have posted office hours.

Elijah

Wilmington University is a great school as far as academics, campus life, and an overall education experience. The new blackboard system where students submit their work for class needs a small bit of work as far as accuracy. Other than that Wilmington University is a great school for students to attend.

Karina

I personally love my school. Sure there are things I would rather have a different way but I never find much to complain about. The teachers are always available and the class sizes are small which definitely helps someone who asks a million questions like I do. I like feeling that my teachers actually want me to earn my degree whereas my friends do not have the same opinion of their schools.

Lynnette

I really enjoy my classes and my professors are great to work with. I have a mix of online classes and on-campus classes and I must say that I get the same amount of care and attention from both kinds of professors. In fact, while the on-campus professors keep regular office hours, I feel the online professors are even more interactive. I get response emails back from them within 12-24 hours.

Nick

Online classes are pretty straight forward. Some really good information is being shared, but nothing ground-breaking. Teachers are helpful and kind for the most part. It is usually hit or miss depending on the department and the teacher, but my overall experience has been quite good.

Wilmington University has given me so much opportunities. I started attending school here 3 years ago. It was one of the best decisions I could ever make. The family-like atmosphere, approachable faculty and staff members, and the individualized attention makes me feel comfortable and like I belong. I cannot wait to call myself a Wilmington University graduate in just one month.

miracle

Wilmington University is overall a great school. They care about you, and don’t want to see you go to another school. It’s only the Financial Aid department that have trouble because they never follow up with the students or take forever to process paperwork that they have received, but never reviewed. Other than that, Wilmington University is all for the student and their dreams. They have the students in their best interest.

Ciana

Wilmington University is a a successful and fast growing institutions. It's easily accessible, beneificial, and rewarding. The professors and faculty are understanding and helpful. Student life is limited but athletics are filled with spirit. WilmU offers courses for every type of student.

Darius

This is my first year at Wilmington University and I am an online student. I have to reply that it is very satisfiying to be able to manage your own time of the week and teachers are very accessible to the students.

Jansi

Overall I think Wilmington University is a great school. What I love most is their flexibility. College is extremely diverse. It's for people of all shapes, sizes, colors, and most importantly it's for people with all different types of schedules. Wilmington University allowed me ( a full time employee and full time mother) the chance to obtain my degree with ease. I was able to complete my degree completely online which was major for me. It also allowed me to complete a 4 year degree in just 2 years. I love how accessible the entire staff is from the administrators, to the deans, to the professors. Although I only do online courses, I don't feel like it's online. The classes are extremely interactive and require 100% participation along with video chats. It's perfect. I am thankful for this school and would recommend it to anyone looking to further their education. Thanks Wilmington University!!

Joseph

I started with Wilmington University in October of 2018, they offer a program for Delaware teachers to help them complete the necessary classes to receive their teaching certification. I started working in my schools district as a para-educator, after a year I earned a position as a classroom teacher working with students with moderate to severe special needs. With the help of Wilmington University I am able to return to school while I am working as a classroom teacher. The program can be done online or in the classroom and with flexible night classes and seminars it is extremely convenient for those working in a classroom. The advisors are excellent they respond fairly quickly to all questions and are extremely helpful.

Yazmyne

I visited Wilmington University in pursuit of where I would be attending college in the fall of 2019. I was extremely pleased with the New Castle DE campus and staff. I was so much so that I have committed to attend and I am looking forward to my experience. Campus housing was rated a 1 star because they do not have any.

Florence

I love the campus the classrooms are small enough to ask questions. no campus live most people stay at home. I a junior in the school and plan on graduating next year class 2019. I would recommend to university for the busy working student who wants to balance school and work

mae

I have been to 4 schools total and this was by far the worst school overall. The professors I must say are wonderful. However, financial aid was horrendous. EACH & EVERY semester I was in (including summers), I had a financial aid issue. They said everything on my end was perfect. So why do I have balances to be paid or cannot apply to future semesters? Why does it take 4.5 weeks to get issues resolved? Currently, my financial aid has not been resolved. I had called every day for the past 4 weeks and even when I was overseas and had to pay that extra bill just to reach this terrible service of a school. I still cannot apply for my next semester. When you call this school, you’ll stay on the line for the longest possible time. I am talking at least 35 minutes. For financial aid, I was on the line waiting for 1hr and 27minutes. I gave up and opted for a call-back which I did not receive until two days later. Hire people to do their job because clearly, they aren’t. They actually dont seem they want to help you. I had only spoken to two people who have helped a whole lot. One was a man over the line who helped with my transfer and did his all for the process. He'd call to check up and make sure the process is okay, he emailed, and called other extensions for me. The second was the counselor for my major and she was easy to reach as well. Financial aid was terrible. I drove 3 hours just to get issues resolved and believe me there are other things I can do in 6 hours that would be far more beneficial then driving up to the school because some workers are running on the clock just to earn money they did not work for.

Alexis

I like it! I think the classes and courses offered are diverse. The teachers are accessible. The counselor who helped me in my transfer process was awesome and the environment is encouraging and friendly. Overall, really great! Really happy to be getting my degree from this school.

Dominique

It's a pretty good school. It's affordable have a plan and your be fine. And go to every class because that is also important for your grade. All the teachers usually have office hours and can be reached at those times and they're very nice about it I've never had a bad experience