Wingate, NC
Wingate University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wingate University

Additional Loan Options

Natalya-Charnaye

It is a small school and the people you know by name; the people you don't know by name and your proffessors are your family... It's your HOME.

Don't question or second guess your ability to survive in college. You're smart and you always have been. Don't give up on college, your dreams, or yourself. Trouble doesn't last always and the end of your storm is coming soon. You'll get your chance to prove yourself to everyone who said you couldn't make it. Never lose hope and don't lose your faith because sometimes it takes being broken completely down to be built back up. Don't worry about momma and the little ones, they will be just fine. It's time to start living for yourself and chasing after what you really want. The family will always be behind you, every step of the way. Not everyone understands where you came from, so learn how to hold your head up and keep a smile on your face. Things always seem better when you're smiling. Love yourself and things will fall into place. You'll find your place in the world and you'll love it. And the biggest thing... Always do what's best for you and sometimes it's the most painful thing to do.

I wish I would have known that my intended major was only a minor and how much the school cost per year.

Anthony

Wingate Univeristy has a wide range of programs and classes to suit the needs of many different majors. Wingate itself has a great education program for all grades.

Calm down and quit worrying yourself. Don't procrastinate, you'll save yourself quite a few migraines that way. The greatest advice, however, is to not let your guard down, you have a good first semester but letting yourself grow over confident will cause so many problems for you. Breathe. And listen to your advisors they know what they are doing and trying to help.

I am a commuter so i feel like i miss out on many of the things going on at the campus due to family life, work, and weather issues. The univeristy itself is great it just feels like I am diconnected at times

Erin

Wingate University has a small-town feel, with various opportunities for leadership, friendship, and service, where everyone is accepted into our community and the staff is most welcoming and encouraging.

I was incredibly fortunate to attend a college preparatory high school, so the transition was much smoother than most of my peers. I would ultimately like to go back in time to when I was in ninth grade and finishing my sophomore year, because I was not involved on campus as I could have been, and I had much more free time than I could ever think about having now that I am at a university. If I could, I would advise myself to invest more time in pleasure reading, extra-curriculars, and applying for scholarships during my earlier years of high school.

My school is quite small and relatively safe for a college campus; also, I cannot go anywhere on campus without greeting a good friend.

Mayah

My classmates are talented.

My classmates are talented.

The advice I would give myself would be to focus and study study study. College seems just like high school but it is totally different. Even though you know think studying alone can work get tutors even if you get the material. Work hard!

The worst thing about my school is that housing and class schedules are not the top priority on my school's list. We have 750 freshman coming and housing is slim.

QuaiShawnda

The small unique group of students that make up the Wingate University community bring together the students, staff, and residents into a family based eniroment. Making this place away from home for many of us, a place that we can now call home oursleves. We thrive off each other trying to be the best we can be with the support and love from our Wingate Community as a whole.

The best thing about my school is the one on relationship you are able to have with professors and staff on campus. A lot of students are able to find at least one staff member on campus that is willing to help at a time when we as young adults may not have the answer whether that is in the classroom or the next step in out college career. The knowledge and the resorces that our university has is helpful to all students on similar but different paths.

Wingate is the best environment for you to learn about yourself, grow spiritually, and recieve a top notch education.

Wingate offers a much smaller professor to student ratio. My professors know me by name and will strike a convesation with me no matter where they see me on campus. Wingate is a tight knit community, and everyone feels like family.

The transition from high school to college would have been a lot easier if I would have realized the importance of studying and taking well developed notes. When I came to college, I basically had to teach myself the correct way to study because I struggled at the beginning. After getting a little help from some professors, I was able to master the art of studying in a more effective way. Also the key to being successful is good note taking skills. With out those skills, it is very easy to become lost in a lecutre, and have no clue what to even begin writing now. If I would have taken my senior year a little more seriously, my transition would have been ten times smoother.

Laurie

They are all very different--some are from different countries, some are jocks, some are band nerds, but we're all trying to figure things out together.

I would tell myself a lot, actually. I would say that I'm about to have a wonderful experience and I should embrace it. I should allow it to happen instead of trying to avoid certain parts of it. I should be outgoing and open. I should face my shyness head on. I should forget about people judging me and just have a good time. I'd tell myself that drama exists but finding good friends can get you through anything. I'd tell myself to give people more chances. I'd tell myself to bring more photos with me. Not having my friends and family around me in some sort of way was a bad idea. I would tell myself to expect change. Just because I'm gone doesn't mean everyone else's lives just stop. I would remind myself that I'll sleep enough when I'm dead, because getting my normal eight hours just isn't going to happen again. Overall I'd recommend that I push myself in every part of life, because that's what you're supposed to do in college--stretch, shape, and form your true self.

The best thing about Wingate is the fact that you can really stand out in your classes. This is good for people who really work hard and do well academically. You get noticed pretty quickly. I was offered two positions in my freshman year--one as a TA and one as a tutor in the ARC. This definitely would not have happened if I attended a large school where I was just a number.

cherrie

If I could go back to high school I would tell myself stop focusing on those boys. Life is not as easy as you think it is, apply for college and go, work hard and save your money. Get your education while you are young and still remember how to do algebra, it only gets harder, especially as you become older. Do not have children in high school, that will come and be much easier financially if you go to college and get your education first. Be positive and do not give up on yourself, college is possible.

Somalia

Back in high school I didn't have the best study habits, so advice that I would have given myself is to develop great study habits now because they will be vital when you get to college especially being a biology major. Another thing that I would tell myself is to stop procrastinating. Procrastination has been my worst enemy in my first year of college. It has cause me so much stress and quite a few over nighters. The last thing that I would tell myself is to limit the time that I work during the week. I started working at a grocery store part time my senior year of high school, and I still work there now. The time that I spent working is time that I could have spent studying my notes.

The worse that I have to say about my school is that since it is a private school, it's so much more expensive then a state university. Going to college today especially with the way the economy is makes the cost of attending college a burden on a lot of people. All colleges should be free, so that everyone would have a chance to go.

I would tell my friends that my school is great because the class sizes are really small compared to public schools and this allows for students to get closer to their professors and learn better. Smaller class sizes allow for students to have more one on one time with their professor.

Destiny

Wingate University is a caring, small, community based campus.

Wingate University is a caring, small, community based campus.

As an upcoming college freshman, I was excited; no one could steal this excitement from me. I could not have been more ready, until I was about ten minutes from Wingate University. There are many thoughts going through my head at this point. The biggest questions I am asking myself are, “Am I going to make any friends at this place,” “What if I do not get along with my roommates?” I only have one word of advice, be yourself! You are going to be in the same position as everyone else; no one has friends at this point and everyone has the first-year jitters. If you are yourself, you will quickly find friends and your roommate(s) will appreciate your identity. Finding your identity during college is a journey in itself, but it all comes easy when you are yourself. Learning to be yourself is the best gift you can give yourself and everyone around you. No one wants to hide behind a mask and feel suffocated. Love yourself for who you are and embrace it! The truth is, the real you is better than the fake you. The first-year jitters are normal, just be yourself!

When I brag about Wingate University, I tend to focus on the genuinely nice people who are always extremely helpful.

Wingate University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.