Wingate, NC
Wingate University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wingate University

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

Elisabeth

Determined to get the highest grade they can with the study materials that they have.

My School is best known for the academics area of the college. The classes can be challenging, yet the teachers are there to help you as you go along.

When you arrive on campus, make sure that you are nice the the cafeteria workers and they will give you service with a smile, you also might even make their day. Make sure you wait to buy your books, becuase you may change your class at the last minute or you may not even need the book that you bought. Get as involoved within the campus community as you can because those who are involved are known, which can help when you need something done or when you need resources. Don't exclude yourself to just a small group of friends becuae that can cause you to be narrow minded about people. Listen well to your professors because they always say things that are on the test that you just managed to not write down. Lastly, don't lose your campus ID card, otherwise you will not get to eat until you get a new one.

Being a small school, my classmates are more than just me colleagues, at the very least they are my acquaintances while most of them are my friends.

As a high school senior, I would have loved to push myself to move across the country my first year of college., I would have told myself not to be doubtful or scared. Meeting new people while living in a place far from what I know is a once in a lifetime experience. I would have told myself that going to a small private college will benefit you in the long run. Putting myself in an unfamiliar atmosphere forced me to break out of my shell and to become more social, as well as more involved on campus. College is more than just parties (something you might find at State schools), and it's more about preparing yourself for the future both socially and academically. Branching out from what you like to do and who you like to be with will only benefit you in the long run through life.

If you are looking for a friendly atmosphere with focus on the community as well as your schoolwork, this school is a place you would love. The variety of people here is very unique. With most students being athletes, foreign recruits are quite common. I have learned more about other countries by meeting people from all over than I ever thought I would have. The campus as a whole is supportive of everyone, from academics to athletics, the whole school is cheering you on.

Natalya-Charnaye

It is a small school and the people you know by name; the people you don't know by name and your proffessors are your family... It's your HOME.

Don't question or second guess your ability to survive in college. You're smart and you always have been. Don't give up on college, your dreams, or yourself. Trouble doesn't last always and the end of your storm is coming soon. You'll get your chance to prove yourself to everyone who said you couldn't make it. Never lose hope and don't lose your faith because sometimes it takes being broken completely down to be built back up. Don't worry about momma and the little ones, they will be just fine. It's time to start living for yourself and chasing after what you really want. The family will always be behind you, every step of the way. Not everyone understands where you came from, so learn how to hold your head up and keep a smile on your face. Things always seem better when you're smiling. Love yourself and things will fall into place. You'll find your place in the world and you'll love it. And the biggest thing... Always do what's best for you and sometimes it's the most painful thing to do.

I wish I would have known that my intended major was only a minor and how much the school cost per year.

Anthony

Wingate Univeristy has a wide range of programs and classes to suit the needs of many different majors. Wingate itself has a great education program for all grades.

Calm down and quit worrying yourself. Don't procrastinate, you'll save yourself quite a few migraines that way. The greatest advice, however, is to not let your guard down, you have a good first semester but letting yourself grow over confident will cause so many problems for you. Breathe. And listen to your advisors they know what they are doing and trying to help.

I am a commuter so i feel like i miss out on many of the things going on at the campus due to family life, work, and weather issues. The univeristy itself is great it just feels like I am diconnected at times

Erin

Wingate University has a small-town feel, with various opportunities for leadership, friendship, and service, where everyone is accepted into our community and the staff is most welcoming and encouraging.

I was incredibly fortunate to attend a college preparatory high school, so the transition was much smoother than most of my peers. I would ultimately like to go back in time to when I was in ninth grade and finishing my sophomore year, because I was not involved on campus as I could have been, and I had much more free time than I could ever think about having now that I am at a university. If I could, I would advise myself to invest more time in pleasure reading, extra-curriculars, and applying for scholarships during my earlier years of high school.

My school is quite small and relatively safe for a college campus; also, I cannot go anywhere on campus without greeting a good friend.

Mayah

My classmates are talented.

My classmates are talented.

The advice I would give myself would be to focus and study study study. College seems just like high school but it is totally different. Even though you know think studying alone can work get tutors even if you get the material. Work hard!

The worst thing about my school is that housing and class schedules are not the top priority on my school's list. We have 750 freshman coming and housing is slim.

QuaiShawnda

The small unique group of students that make up the Wingate University community bring together the students, staff, and residents into a family based eniroment. Making this place away from home for many of us, a place that we can now call home oursleves. We thrive off each other trying to be the best we can be with the support and love from our Wingate Community as a whole.

The best thing about my school is the one on relationship you are able to have with professors and staff on campus. A lot of students are able to find at least one staff member on campus that is willing to help at a time when we as young adults may not have the answer whether that is in the classroom or the next step in out college career. The knowledge and the resorces that our university has is helpful to all students on similar but different paths.

Wingate is the best environment for you to learn about yourself, grow spiritually, and recieve a top notch education.

Wingate offers a much smaller professor to student ratio. My professors know me by name and will strike a convesation with me no matter where they see me on campus. Wingate is a tight knit community, and everyone feels like family.

The transition from high school to college would have been a lot easier if I would have realized the importance of studying and taking well developed notes. When I came to college, I basically had to teach myself the correct way to study because I struggled at the beginning. After getting a little help from some professors, I was able to master the art of studying in a more effective way. Also the key to being successful is good note taking skills. With out those skills, it is very easy to become lost in a lecutre, and have no clue what to even begin writing now. If I would have taken my senior year a little more seriously, my transition would have been ten times smoother.

Laurie

They are all very different--some are from different countries, some are jocks, some are band nerds, but we're all trying to figure things out together.

I would tell myself a lot, actually. I would say that I'm about to have a wonderful experience and I should embrace it. I should allow it to happen instead of trying to avoid certain parts of it. I should be outgoing and open. I should face my shyness head on. I should forget about people judging me and just have a good time. I'd tell myself that drama exists but finding good friends can get you through anything. I'd tell myself to give people more chances. I'd tell myself to bring more photos with me. Not having my friends and family around me in some sort of way was a bad idea. I would tell myself to expect change. Just because I'm gone doesn't mean everyone else's lives just stop. I would remind myself that I'll sleep enough when I'm dead, because getting my normal eight hours just isn't going to happen again. Overall I'd recommend that I push myself in every part of life, because that's what you're supposed to do in college--stretch, shape, and form your true self.

The best thing about Wingate is the fact that you can really stand out in your classes. This is good for people who really work hard and do well academically. You get noticed pretty quickly. I was offered two positions in my freshman year--one as a TA and one as a tutor in the ARC. This definitely would not have happened if I attended a large school where I was just a number.

cherrie

If I could go back to high school I would tell myself stop focusing on those boys. Life is not as easy as you think it is, apply for college and go, work hard and save your money. Get your education while you are young and still remember how to do algebra, it only gets harder, especially as you become older. Do not have children in high school, that will come and be much easier financially if you go to college and get your education first. Be positive and do not give up on yourself, college is possible.

Wingate University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.