Wingate, NC
Wingate University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wingate University

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

Since being enrolled as a college student at Wingate University, I have learned a lot about myself and others. One can never be prepared enough for college, it has definitely been an eye-opening experience. for me and others. I think that I have tried to make the best of this first "freshman" year in school. I have participated in many activities with classmates and friends. I have had to understand that money doesn't come easy, you work hard to stay where your at, and you never go down without a fight. One can never be one's worst enemy, you have to stand up for yourself and what you think is right. Never tell yourself that you can't do something because you feel dumb or not smart enough, because if you put your heart and mind into it, you can get the job done.

I don't know if there is anything totally unexpected that has happened. Wingate University is founded on baptist principles, that is one reason that I choose this school. But one has to consider that this is a college campus, drinking and drugs can still be found on campus at any given time. I wish that I would have known how easy it is to just stay in the room all day, instead of going out and getting involved with your fellow classmates and friends.

I believe that if you are interested in coming to Wingate University, you should definitely come for a campus tour. I think that people can feel if this is the right place or not. I think that everyone can come here, you just have to find your niche, a place where you fit in. Wingate University does accept different culturally diverse students. The campus environment is very inviting and will be your home away from home.

Christopher

My classmates are friendly, helpful, mature, and diverse.

My classmates are friendly, helpful, mature, and diverse.

Although I was a highly motivated, academically excellent, and community involved high school student, I was also naive regarding college credit courses offered by my school district. Beginning with my freshman year, I could have enrolled in PSO, Post Secondary Option, classes through The University of Akron and accumulated electives toward my desired degree. Instead, I chose to pursue all mathematics and science Advanced Placement offerings, which enhanced my GPA but did nothing to lessen my college costs or work load. Since I have been admitted to Wingate University's School of Pharmacy, a six year program, both would have been helpful. Therefore, if I could return to high school with my newly acquired knowledge, I would proceed with PSO classes to complete my English and humanities degree requirements.

A party-goer, who likes to drink and smoke, since this is not permitted at Wingate.

Wingate University is unique compared to other universities I considered because it is small. The environment has a certain attraction that makes me feel at home and still surrounded by a family. Considering it?s size, the probability of not knowing more than half the student population is low, therefore, everyone is friends with everyone and when transiting into college, you can never have enough friends. The mood around Wingate University is always uplifting and supportive, giving everyone a chance to enjoy the college experience as well as receiving a great education.

Transiting into college can be the worst or best time of your life, depending on how you feel about it. Upperclassman college students plant horrible images of freshman year into young minds but really, freshman year is the most important and unforgettable time in becoming acquainted with your school. First off, stop worrying about making new friends; everyone is in the same position as you, do not forget that! When you finally make your first friends, those friendships are for life. Some friendships and that old flame from high school will end, but it?s OK., those new friends will be right there with you. Second, get involved! Rather it is clubs, campus jobs, or greek life, getting involved is a great way to meet people and become associated in the community. However, do not forget about your schoolwork; it comes first! College isn?t high school; you actually have to study and you can?t procrastinate! Do anything to get organized; buy a planner and set goals such as the President?s list. The most important advice though is not to get overwhelmed. Everything will happen so fast at first but it calms down, trust me.

Some students apply to college for the wrong reasons. People looking for a school just to party at or with legacy athletic teams should not attend Wingate University. This school focuses on education first. Also, for anyone that grew up around a big city with thousands of people, should probably not come to Wingate. This school is small and private, therefore, it is not just a school to ?relax? at nor a school that is well-known.

Dynasty

When I found out my senior year that i had gotten into college, I started to slack off on my school work. I passed all of my classes that i had but i did not pass my Advanced Placement tests. If I could go back I would tell myself to keep up with my studies. High school is not over until you walk across that stage and receive you diploma. Do not give up and the work will pay off in college.

Alex

That i should have moved away from home sooner. My senior year i didnt know what i wanted to do for a career and i didn't even know where i wanted to go to college yet. I wish i could go back in time and tell myself to move down to NC sooner. The opportunities down here are endless for work in the field that i want to get into. I could have also prepared myself for the life of being alone and not being able to see my family but twice a year, a week for christmas and a week in the summer. That gets tough with a 7 year old sister and i wish i could have transitioned better with that.

How hard we have to work to get the grades we want to obtain. The courses aren't easy and it makes us really work hard.

The teachers don't care to help students with classwork. Faculty and Staff gives students the run around when the student has a problem and they're never willing help to you out. They just DON'T CARE, you're just another number here, once they have your money, they don't care anymore.

Kadie

My classmates are very intelligent and very hardworking who always put their academic lifestyle ahead of their social lifesty...

My classmates are very intelligent and very hardworking who always put their academic lifestyle ahead of their social lifestyle.

Wingate University offers a pharmacy program for their pre-pharmacy students so that they are able to finish their undergraduate degree in a shorter amount of time and apply for Professional school. Wingate University is also very understanding of their students and offers more of a "one-on-one" teacher-student relationship. If any questions are ever needed to be asked, students can very easily get a hold of their professors.

As a senior in high school, I would tell myself to find what you want to do in life. Instead of working hard for something your parents and family may have wanted for you to do all through college, decide on your own what your hobbies are. Working hard when you frist arrive at college to further your future will provide you with a sense of confidence in that you can do anything you want. As a senior, I felt that I could just get by with my classes until graduation in May. In college though, it is difficult to just "get by." You have to work hard, especially going to a small private school. With a one-on-one professor-student relationship, take advantage of it. It is their job to provide you an education and further your future so don't rely on making average in college. Stive for excellence.

Teyona

My classmates are fun, outgoing, goal orientented, and mainly just head strong about life and their ambitions.

Whats unique. Just the atmoshpere is like being at home without being at home. The school is always beautiful year round and the people there are so friendly and nice that on my first visit i was automactically hooked because of how wanted I felt. Another thing is the size and location, set off from the largest city in North Caroling, wingate is only under an hour from nightlife in charlotte, while the shopping aspect is still around in the nieghboring town of Monroe.

Don't get to caught up in the party scene. Know what you want out of your life before you go to college. If you make a mistake dont be afraid to admit you did and need help. Tutoring is offered so that you can succeed and you need to take advantage of it. know that the party life is not all that it seems to be, school should always come first no matter what the situation may be. Also know that mom and dad arent around to help clean up after all of your mistakes, life and your first year in college will be hard and you need to start preparing for it.

Rebecca

Quiet, yet full of questions.

Quiet, yet full of questions.

Be open to starting something new. All the imagining and role playing in the world is not going to prepare you for the changes both externally and internally you're going to go through once you start college. Don't be afraid to ask for help, everyone around you is dealing with it too even though they all act tough. Find an outlet that isn't alchohal. It's not a solution, it simply is adding another step to the problem once you do decide to solve it. Remember to love yourself and the woman you will become over the next four years.

Someone looking for a big sports school. This place isn't orientated around our football team and there isn't much school spirit

Brandon

The small campus and low student size allows for student and proffessors to have a personal relationship which helps the students feel like they can approach their proffesors for help. Other schools would have been larger and the professors unable to know everyone by name.

I would suggest that they look at school size as being more than a social life factor. Size of the school tells a lot about the type of one on one help the student can get, the type of relationships with professors, and the amount the administration will care about the needs of the student. The trend might be to go to a big school so you have lots of chances to fit in but I believe the small school where student are not overwhelmed and see each other around campus helps students find their niche. Also, I would put more wieght on the proximity of the school to home. I did not think I wanted to be close and it turned out that I loved it. Dropping in and spending time with my family is more important to me than ever before. As for the college experience I think students have to make a true effort to step out of their comfort zones, especailly when arriving at school. Everyone is nervous and reaching out to make friends only strengthens the school community.

The area around campus is pretty boring. Charlotte is less than an hour away but as for entertain closer the options are very limited.

Wingate University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.