Wingate, NC
Wingate University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wingate University

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

Achieving my Associates of Arts Degree from Valencia Community College has allowed me to broaden my educational horizon. I have completed a degree in general studies with a focus in Public Administration. My time spent has allowed me to better prepare myself to further my education at the University of Central Florida, seeking a Bachelors Degree in Public Administration with a minor in Political Sciences. I firmly believe that my education has and will continue to prepare me for the vigorous workforce within politics. I plan to join the armed forces upon graduation and, after my time in the military, pursue a career within politics. My education from Valencia and what I expect from UCF is helping to make my dreams a reality. My education is my stepping stone for the rest of my life.

Joyce

Wingate is best known for the School of Medicine.

Wingate is best known for the School of Medicine.

Since I have been at Wingate I have learned there is more to college than recieving an education. The relationships that I have made with fellow classmates and teachers has been something different for me. In high school I was never as outgoing and willing to socialize as I am now. I value the moments I had and the moments I'll never forget in the upcoming years. Wingate is my second home and I am glad I chose to attend. There is nothing better than going to school and not wanting to leave.

Any one that feels that they are not going to fit in and wants to stand alone because Wingate is like a enormous support group.

I don't know if there is anything totally unexpected that has happened. Wingate University is founded on baptist principles, that is one reason that I choose this school. But one has to consider that this is a college campus, drinking and drugs can still be found on campus at any given time. I wish that I would have known how easy it is to just stay in the room all day, instead of going out and getting involved with your fellow classmates and friends.

I believe that if you are interested in coming to Wingate University, you should definitely come for a campus tour. I think that people can feel if this is the right place or not. I think that everyone can come here, you just have to find your niche, a place where you fit in. Wingate University does accept different culturally diverse students. The campus environment is very inviting and will be your home away from home.

Since being enrolled as a college student at Wingate University, I have learned a lot about myself and others. One can never be prepared enough for college, it has definitely been an eye-opening experience. for me and others. I think that I have tried to make the best of this first "freshman" year in school. I have participated in many activities with classmates and friends. I have had to understand that money doesn't come easy, you work hard to stay where your at, and you never go down without a fight. One can never be one's worst enemy, you have to stand up for yourself and what you think is right. Never tell yourself that you can't do something because you feel dumb or not smart enough, because if you put your heart and mind into it, you can get the job done.

Christopher

Although I was a highly motivated, academically excellent, and community involved high school student, I was also naive regarding college credit courses offered by my school district. Beginning with my freshman year, I could have enrolled in PSO, Post Secondary Option, classes through The University of Akron and accumulated electives toward my desired degree. Instead, I chose to pursue all mathematics and science Advanced Placement offerings, which enhanced my GPA but did nothing to lessen my college costs or work load. Since I have been admitted to Wingate University's School of Pharmacy, a six year program, both would have been helpful. Therefore, if I could return to high school with my newly acquired knowledge, I would proceed with PSO classes to complete my English and humanities degree requirements.

A party-goer, who likes to drink and smoke, since this is not permitted at Wingate.

My classmates are friendly, helpful, mature, and diverse.

Wingate University is unique compared to other universities I considered because it is small. The environment has a certain attraction that makes me feel at home and still surrounded by a family. Considering it?s size, the probability of not knowing more than half the student population is low, therefore, everyone is friends with everyone and when transiting into college, you can never have enough friends. The mood around Wingate University is always uplifting and supportive, giving everyone a chance to enjoy the college experience as well as receiving a great education.

Transiting into college can be the worst or best time of your life, depending on how you feel about it. Upperclassman college students plant horrible images of freshman year into young minds but really, freshman year is the most important and unforgettable time in becoming acquainted with your school. First off, stop worrying about making new friends; everyone is in the same position as you, do not forget that! When you finally make your first friends, those friendships are for life. Some friendships and that old flame from high school will end, but it?s OK., those new friends will be right there with you. Second, get involved! Rather it is clubs, campus jobs, or greek life, getting involved is a great way to meet people and become associated in the community. However, do not forget about your schoolwork; it comes first! College isn?t high school; you actually have to study and you can?t procrastinate! Do anything to get organized; buy a planner and set goals such as the President?s list. The most important advice though is not to get overwhelmed. Everything will happen so fast at first but it calms down, trust me.

Some students apply to college for the wrong reasons. People looking for a school just to party at or with legacy athletic teams should not attend Wingate University. This school focuses on education first. Also, for anyone that grew up around a big city with thousands of people, should probably not come to Wingate. This school is small and private, therefore, it is not just a school to ?relax? at nor a school that is well-known.

Dynasty

When I found out my senior year that i had gotten into college, I started to slack off on my school work. I passed all of my classes that i had but i did not pass my Advanced Placement tests. If I could go back I would tell myself to keep up with my studies. High school is not over until you walk across that stage and receive you diploma. Do not give up and the work will pay off in college.

Alex

That i should have moved away from home sooner. My senior year i didnt know what i wanted to do for a career and i didn't even know where i wanted to go to college yet. I wish i could go back in time and tell myself to move down to NC sooner. The opportunities down here are endless for work in the field that i want to get into. I could have also prepared myself for the life of being alone and not being able to see my family but twice a year, a week for christmas and a week in the summer. That gets tough with a 7 year old sister and i wish i could have transitioned better with that.

How hard we have to work to get the grades we want to obtain. The courses aren't easy and it makes us really work hard.

The teachers don't care to help students with classwork. Faculty and Staff gives students the run around when the student has a problem and they're never willing help to you out. They just DON'T CARE, you're just another number here, once they have your money, they don't care anymore.

Kadie

My classmates are very intelligent and very hardworking who always put their academic lifestyle ahead of their social lifesty...

My classmates are very intelligent and very hardworking who always put their academic lifestyle ahead of their social lifestyle.

Wingate University offers a pharmacy program for their pre-pharmacy students so that they are able to finish their undergraduate degree in a shorter amount of time and apply for Professional school. Wingate University is also very understanding of their students and offers more of a "one-on-one" teacher-student relationship. If any questions are ever needed to be asked, students can very easily get a hold of their professors.

As a senior in high school, I would tell myself to find what you want to do in life. Instead of working hard for something your parents and family may have wanted for you to do all through college, decide on your own what your hobbies are. Working hard when you frist arrive at college to further your future will provide you with a sense of confidence in that you can do anything you want. As a senior, I felt that I could just get by with my classes until graduation in May. In college though, it is difficult to just "get by." You have to work hard, especially going to a small private school. With a one-on-one professor-student relationship, take advantage of it. It is their job to provide you an education and further your future so don't rely on making average in college. Stive for excellence.

Teyona

My classmates are fun, outgoing, goal orientented, and mainly just head strong about life and their ambitions.

Whats unique. Just the atmoshpere is like being at home without being at home. The school is always beautiful year round and the people there are so friendly and nice that on my first visit i was automactically hooked because of how wanted I felt. Another thing is the size and location, set off from the largest city in North Caroling, wingate is only under an hour from nightlife in charlotte, while the shopping aspect is still around in the nieghboring town of Monroe.

Don't get to caught up in the party scene. Know what you want out of your life before you go to college. If you make a mistake dont be afraid to admit you did and need help. Tutoring is offered so that you can succeed and you need to take advantage of it. know that the party life is not all that it seems to be, school should always come first no matter what the situation may be. Also know that mom and dad arent around to help clean up after all of your mistakes, life and your first year in college will be hard and you need to start preparing for it.

Rebecca

Quiet, yet full of questions.

Quiet, yet full of questions.

Be open to starting something new. All the imagining and role playing in the world is not going to prepare you for the changes both externally and internally you're going to go through once you start college. Don't be afraid to ask for help, everyone around you is dealing with it too even though they all act tough. Find an outlet that isn't alchohal. It's not a solution, it simply is adding another step to the problem once you do decide to solve it. Remember to love yourself and the woman you will become over the next four years.

Someone looking for a big sports school. This place isn't orientated around our football team and there isn't much school spirit

Wingate University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.