Wingate, NC
Wingate University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wingate University

I would realize that college is not the answer to all or any of the problems/situations you have in your life. And that it also does not hold all the answers. That alocohol and other substances and drugs are never ever the answer to getting by.

That there were not as many food options available as other colleges have. Which can be good and/or bad in different ways

Because the school is so small sometimes rumors or people's business can easily be spread whether they are true or not.

Jeremy

Go into College with an open mind; never turn something down because it is foreign to you. There are many opportunities that arose in the first couple of weeks, opportunities that I turned down because of the fear to try something different than what I was accustomed too. Many organizations will want you to participate or help in activities that they are setting up. These opportunities are can vary from helping set up a school dance to passing out rosters before a football game. You never know what opportunity my arise and if you keep an open mind to these type of events then I guarantee that you will meet new people, learn about your school, and find out things about yourself that you might have never found out otherwise. Keeping an open mind is a key to making the most of your college experience.

People who are looking for a big school environment should not attend this school. This school does not offer large classes, huge stadiums and to many people to count. This school is all about the small town college feel and that usually does not go over well with those who want a big time school feel such as NC State.

The Business office is the most frustrating area in the school. They are able to give you the information you need most of the time, but they do it in a way that seems to be thrown together and unorganized. They can make someone with little patients lose their mind waiting for things to get done.

Victoria

When choosing your college, be sure to make the time to include studies and balance work and personal life, accordingly. This is because going to college is to be considered a fulltime job, with part-time work options, and family as a secondary emphasis. The payoff, after graduation of each term, will be the time that can be devoted to adding work hours to your schedule, and extra family or extra-curricular activities. Should you find yourself leaning towards a different career path after a few semesters, check in with a college advisor or career counselor to find the best alternatives to your college coursework. You may find that your interests grow, with more time in school, and that is ok, but never give up. Remember that tutors are always available to help you when you get stuck, and do not be afraid to ask for help. Develop study teams to bounce off ideas or study strategies. Seek out internships in your field to gain a working perspective of the field you wish to work in. College is enjoyable in so many ways, and is the platform for the rest of your life, if you let it be.

Matthew

Christian oriented and small enough to get to know many other students and professors

Be sure to work as hard as you can in high school starting in the 9th grade because your grades help you get financial aid. Try to make as many friends as you can and find a good solid group of people to go to church with consistently. Don't procrastinate on doing your work. Do it right away.

Students leaving on the weekends

Achieving my Associates of Arts Degree from Valencia Community College has allowed me to broaden my educational horizon. I have completed a degree in general studies with a focus in Public Administration. My time spent has allowed me to better prepare myself to further my education at the University of Central Florida, seeking a Bachelors Degree in Public Administration with a minor in Political Sciences. I firmly believe that my education has and will continue to prepare me for the vigorous workforce within politics. I plan to join the armed forces upon graduation and, after my time in the military, pursue a career within politics. My education from Valencia and what I expect from UCF is helping to make my dreams a reality. My education is my stepping stone for the rest of my life.

Joyce

Wingate is best known for the School of Medicine.

Wingate is best known for the School of Medicine.

Since I have been at Wingate I have learned there is more to college than recieving an education. The relationships that I have made with fellow classmates and teachers has been something different for me. In high school I was never as outgoing and willing to socialize as I am now. I value the moments I had and the moments I'll never forget in the upcoming years. Wingate is my second home and I am glad I chose to attend. There is nothing better than going to school and not wanting to leave.

Any one that feels that they are not going to fit in and wants to stand alone because Wingate is like a enormous support group.

Since being enrolled as a college student at Wingate University, I have learned a lot about myself and others. One can never be prepared enough for college, it has definitely been an eye-opening experience. for me and others. I think that I have tried to make the best of this first "freshman" year in school. I have participated in many activities with classmates and friends. I have had to understand that money doesn't come easy, you work hard to stay where your at, and you never go down without a fight. One can never be one's worst enemy, you have to stand up for yourself and what you think is right. Never tell yourself that you can't do something because you feel dumb or not smart enough, because if you put your heart and mind into it, you can get the job done.

I don't know if there is anything totally unexpected that has happened. Wingate University is founded on baptist principles, that is one reason that I choose this school. But one has to consider that this is a college campus, drinking and drugs can still be found on campus at any given time. I wish that I would have known how easy it is to just stay in the room all day, instead of going out and getting involved with your fellow classmates and friends.

I believe that if you are interested in coming to Wingate University, you should definitely come for a campus tour. I think that people can feel if this is the right place or not. I think that everyone can come here, you just have to find your niche, a place where you fit in. Wingate University does accept different culturally diverse students. The campus environment is very inviting and will be your home away from home.

Christopher

My classmates are friendly, helpful, mature, and diverse.

My classmates are friendly, helpful, mature, and diverse.

Although I was a highly motivated, academically excellent, and community involved high school student, I was also naive regarding college credit courses offered by my school district. Beginning with my freshman year, I could have enrolled in PSO, Post Secondary Option, classes through The University of Akron and accumulated electives toward my desired degree. Instead, I chose to pursue all mathematics and science Advanced Placement offerings, which enhanced my GPA but did nothing to lessen my college costs or work load. Since I have been admitted to Wingate University's School of Pharmacy, a six year program, both would have been helpful. Therefore, if I could return to high school with my newly acquired knowledge, I would proceed with PSO classes to complete my English and humanities degree requirements.

A party-goer, who likes to drink and smoke, since this is not permitted at Wingate.

Wingate University is unique compared to other universities I considered because it is small. The environment has a certain attraction that makes me feel at home and still surrounded by a family. Considering it?s size, the probability of not knowing more than half the student population is low, therefore, everyone is friends with everyone and when transiting into college, you can never have enough friends. The mood around Wingate University is always uplifting and supportive, giving everyone a chance to enjoy the college experience as well as receiving a great education.

Transiting into college can be the worst or best time of your life, depending on how you feel about it. Upperclassman college students plant horrible images of freshman year into young minds but really, freshman year is the most important and unforgettable time in becoming acquainted with your school. First off, stop worrying about making new friends; everyone is in the same position as you, do not forget that! When you finally make your first friends, those friendships are for life. Some friendships and that old flame from high school will end, but it?s OK., those new friends will be right there with you. Second, get involved! Rather it is clubs, campus jobs, or greek life, getting involved is a great way to meet people and become associated in the community. However, do not forget about your schoolwork; it comes first! College isn?t high school; you actually have to study and you can?t procrastinate! Do anything to get organized; buy a planner and set goals such as the President?s list. The most important advice though is not to get overwhelmed. Everything will happen so fast at first but it calms down, trust me.

Some students apply to college for the wrong reasons. People looking for a school just to party at or with legacy athletic teams should not attend Wingate University. This school focuses on education first. Also, for anyone that grew up around a big city with thousands of people, should probably not come to Wingate. This school is small and private, therefore, it is not just a school to ?relax? at nor a school that is well-known.

Dynasty

When I found out my senior year that i had gotten into college, I started to slack off on my school work. I passed all of my classes that i had but i did not pass my Advanced Placement tests. If I could go back I would tell myself to keep up with my studies. High school is not over until you walk across that stage and receive you diploma. Do not give up and the work will pay off in college.

Wingate University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.