Wingate University

« See more reviews of Wingate University

While Wingate's small size and location provide many excellent opportunities, it can also be somewhat limiting. Everything needed is within a short drive, but it is almost an hour (with traffic) to Charlotte to experience the cultural and educational opportunities of a large city. Great strides have been made to improve this, but course offerings sometimes overlap or are offered infrequently, causing some tight situations with scheduling.

The thing that I would consider to be the worst thing about wingate is that there are a lot of "clicks". This is a problem that you will run into at every school but the reason that this bothers me the most is because if you come into the school not being a part of a click than it is hard to meet new people and it is hard to fit in with people that you dont know because they arent willing to get to know you.

The worse that I have to say about my school is that since it is a private school, it's so much more expensive then a state university. Going to college today especially with the way the economy is makes the cost of attending college a burden on a lot of people. All colleges should be free, so that everyone would have a chance to go.

Although I just started this school less than a month ago, I would say that the worst thing about Wingate University is the weather. At least two days out of every week are filled with rain! If you want to go to Wingate University, invest in an umbrella, rainboots, and a raincoat!

The worst thing about our school is that there aren't enough rooms for new and upcoming students to live in so we have to cram too many people in bedrooms built for less than said amount of people. ie. 3 people in a 2 person room.

The worst thing about my school is that housing and class schedules are not the top priority on my school's list. We have 750 freshman coming and housing is slim.

The residence life because they put greek life before everyone else.