Winston-Salem, NC
Winston Salem Barber School

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Winston Salem Barber School

Johnene

When you get home from school, go in your room, make a to-do list and stay focused on your school work. You need to do at least two scholarships per week. If you don't want to worry about having all of this debt on your back after you graduate from college, I suggest you apply for as many scholarships as you can. Now that you are working, save up your money. You are going to need books and supplies for your dorm room; especially a trunk to lock away your snack from your roomate. Go as hard as you can in the classroom because your G.P.A is like gold; the higher it is, the more money you get. Do not worry about these little boys that have no clue about what their purpose is in life yet. When it is time for you to go to college, you will get to meet plenty of guys that may be going in the same positive direction that you are, so don't focus on them right now. When it is time for you to meet ," Mr. Right," he will show up, I promise. Always remember to be YOURSELF!

The only thing about attending an HBCU is the money as out institutions do not have alot of it. If you were to ask anyone they would tell you that Financial Aid is an issue. I gurantee that if money was offered to the student that love their HBCU as much as I do, the retention rate would be alot higher. Also, housing is something that needs to be taking care of. Winston-Salem State University has about 6000 student and 60% of them are women. Therefore, many young women, like myself must live off campus, just to secure housing.

I tell my friends about all of the great people that you can meet at Winston-Salem State University. Winston-Salem State University is my University. I t was not listed in the list that you have, but I am acknowledging it here, so that you can dicover our campus. I have been able to network with many people at my HBCU and connections have led me to have an job on campus working in the Writing Center as well as two internships during undergrad. My Internship with Nationwide Insurance has allowed me to come back upon graduation!

• $0

Winston Salem Barber School administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.