Winston-Salem, NC
Winston-Salem State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Winston-Salem State University

Diamond

The food places like the Burger Studio and The pizza place feel need to be replace with something better and not staying open as late because the cafe closes so early,also certain dorm halls need to remodeled or updated such as Atkins, Moore, and Wilson, but other than winston is perfect

Not having more food choices on campus and of course Finical Aid

The kind of person that should attend Winston Salem State University is so who is about school pride, like the family oriented vibe and diversity.

I wish someone would have told me that you would be hungry after 8:00 pm because the cafe stop serving at 7:00 pm and that the course work is not as easy as everyone make it out to be and you have study study study.

zipporah

I believe that the best thing about Winston-Salem State University would be the community or family feel. I don't think that the school is to big, I think that it is actually the perfect size. People are usually shocked when I say that you should apply to Winston-Salem State University simply because it is an HBCU, but most individuals who end up attending this University are very pleased. The most frequent complaints would be the food and sometimes the wifi on campus, but overall I love the school.

I wouldn't say that the stereotype when it comes to students is accurate. Most students are very open and have their own personalities. You do have individuals who are more studious or more athletic than others however; most student groups are mixed.

The students enrolled in my program were all motivated, focused, and determined to have successful completion of the nursing program.

The transition to college is the beginning step for transitioning into adulthood. It’s a chance for self-discovery, diverse human interaction, and advanced learning. I would advise myself as a high school senior to take advantage of all the opportunities afforded to me in college and embrace new experiences. The world outside of college can be scary and unpredictable at times. I would inform myself on the importance of learning independence and what it means to budget your money wisely. College is my time to make mistakes; I would tell myself to learn from those mistakes so that I will be better prepared for life after college. I would counsel myself to build a strong grade point average for the remainder of my high school years and college. College without financial support can be an expensive investment into your future. Although the investment is well worth the while, I would want to encourage the younger me to seek as many academic scholarships as possible. Lastly, I would tell myself to create a vision board for my future goals; Planning is crucial for future success of any kind. So I would stress to myself to start now and plan wisely.

Marvin

If I could tell my past-self anything about my collegiate experience, it would be to “keep going”. Education is paramount to the development of human consciousness. When I entered Winston-Salem State University as a freshman, I was swept out of my sheltered home and became aware of the world around me. Unfortunately, I contracted HIV/AIDS during that time and fell into a deep depression. A myriad of factors have the potential to affect the human experience. Personally, this was the most monumental. If I could inform my past-self of anything, it would be to endure. At any time during my collegiate career, I could have given up on life and my education. However, I remained diligent and continued to live my life. When I received my undergraduate degree, I departed with the desire to assist in the healing of whomever sought mental health services. Currently, I work in human services as a direct support professional. Now, I am entering into a new chapter of my collegiate career as a graduate student. I would inform my past-self that life is tumultuous, with challenges that may seem unbearable. However, difficult life experiences are meant to be overcome.

There is no specific person. Winston-Salem State University is open to all.

Micalyne

My classmates at Winston-Salem State University are helpful and friendly.

My classmates at Winston-Salem State University are helpful and friendly.

The advice I would give myself as a high school senior would be know what your capable of doing ,be open to all colleges, and apply to many as possible. In order to know what i am capable of doing I have to take risk and challenge myself more and then I would really know how strong I can be and encourage myself to do more. This would help me create stronger confidence in myself, which will motivate myself to keep working harder. No matter how tired I am to a certain situation I will always keep going because every thing is not the same there is always on certain piece that can be different. That is why I would be open to all colleges and be able to apply to many as possible because their are many perspectives.

The best thing about my school would be running track and field.

shalesa

I think everyone should attend Winston Salem State University. Once you begin attending, you will be motivated by peers and professors to do all that you can to receive a great education so that you will be fully prepared upon graduation. Also, it does not matter if you are one to have school pride or not, I guarantee you after being at Winston Salem for 4 years, you will walk away with more school pride then you could have possibly fathom.

Winston Salem State welcomes ALL students with warm welcomed arms. You are never judged by how you may look, your background, or what your goal is while attending. Once a Winston Salem State Ram, you are always and foerever will be a Winston Salem State Ram! RAM PRIDE!!!

Krustin

My school is values leadership and service in our community in NC and also around the world.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself in high school to apply myself more. I used to think that was something that only parents and high school counselors tell kids but I really wish I knew then what I know now. I would say do not procrastinate. I can't even count how many times I wanted the last minute typing papers and staying up all night and up until the morning when my class began. I would walk in class with red eyes and bags under them when the professor would be at the door with his/her hand out to collect the pages that I spent hours slaving over. Work comes out better when it is not rushed. I would teach myself time management.

I do not think there is a specific type of person that shouldn't attend the school since it has students from many different type of backgrounds and walks of life.

Kasey

The students are very friendly and so are the professors. Its a beautiful small campus, great for people who do not want a big campus.

If I could go back in time as a high school senior I would tell myself to look and apply for more scholarships so I could have gone to one of the schools I wanted to go to. I would tell myself that yea extracurriculars matter but to enjoy myself and spend time with friends and family. To not doubt myself in what I want to achieve as a carrer choice because I would have to pick a major in college and it would be in the carrer field that I have always wanted to do. Lastly, to relax and enjoy high school becuase college is a different ball field.

Very unorganized and give students the run around when they are trying to solve problems as far as school goes.

Winston Salem State University is a diverse college offering many convenient programs for full time workers.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to work hard, stay focused on school work and do not get distracted by boys, sports and activities. School is much more important. Be social, make new friends and have fun. Don't stay out late, nothing good is out past midnight and you will be thankful for the extra sleep in years to come. Decide goals that you want for yourself and strive to make them happen. Maintain a professional attitude in class and clinical, it will help in getting you further in life. Decide what you want in life and don't settle for anything less. Although school is stressful, hectic and frustrating it will be worth all the hard work. Make sure to make time for family throughout the school process, you will regret the missed memories. Cherish these times of hard work, it will make you appreciate the smaller things in life.

Whenever contacted Winston Salem State University over the phone or through email, my classmates and myself always had trouble receiving help from the staff. They liked to transfer us to different departments and those departments liked to transfer us to someone else. It was very frustrating when I couldn't get a straight forward answer and got the "run around" from many of the departments because they didn't know the answers.

Winston-Salem State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.