Winston-Salem State University

« See more reviews of Winston-Salem State University

If I could go back in time and address myself as a high school senior, I would let myself know so much. I would teach myself time management and how to plan for a group project. I would let myself know that it's college & no one cares about groups anymore, it's more about self awarness. Teaching myself that I need to learn how to ask for help and don't be afraid to just go out there and get what I want. I would teach myself how to prepare for having either a social life, good grades, & no sleep or good grades, sleep & no social life. I would be more lean, percise, and prepared.

The advice I would give myself would be to know who you are before entering college. When entring college you meet so many different people that may try and change your customes or ways of doing things. I would tell myself to be confident in who I am and never even consider letting anyone change that. Also, I would tell myself that being sociable is the key to networking and having a good time in college. Finally I would tell myself to go into college Opened minded because there is a world of learning out there and our job as students is to ebmrace the moment.

I would recommend writting a list of qualities you would like the college you attend to have; not just the size of the school and classes. List things such as the type of social life you are comfortable with, availible transportation ( trains, busses, aiports, taxies), the setting of the school. Attend the open houses offered to get a comfortable feel with the school and its adminstration, talk with students from the school to see how they feel about the school. Then compare each school with you list to see who offers what you want. Remember its your choice.

If I could go back in time as a high school senior I would tell myself to look and apply for more scholarships so I could have gone to one of the schools I wanted to go to. I would tell myself that yea extracurriculars matter but to enjoy myself and spend time with friends and family. To not doubt myself in what I want to achieve as a carrer choice because I would have to pick a major in college and it would be in the carrer field that I have always wanted to do. Lastly, to relax and enjoy high school becuase college is a different ball field.

Come to college to focus as you planned. Set high goals and follow through with them. Do not come and expect to party and have fun. This is not a four year vacation. You pay for you classes, you attend them. Create a schedule to follow by. Mangimg your time along with organization will bring you a long way. Be careful of who you call your friends, they come and go but your family and professors will not. Build a bond with your professors. If you are struggle, do not lay back and wait for a change to come. "Hard work pays off!"

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to stay focused and not let "senior-itis" take its toll on me.Being in a magnet program and also taking only AP classes I had a bundle of work and I did not stay focused. I regret not working up to my potential. By not being focused I did not get into my first choice school.I do regret not staying focused, but my college experince would not have been the same if it would had been different. Being a Raging Ram is my destiny.

I believe the best advice I could give myself would be to stay focused. I have done pretty well in college although I was just an average student in high school, but I consider myself a person who has high self-esteem and I care about doing well. I am not a quitter so I have stuck out all my classes even when they were difficult. Since I have attended Winston-Salem, I have only dropped one class in 3 1/2 years and that was when I had 17 credits and the class required much more reading than I anticipated.

If I were a high school sneior once again, knowing what I knew now, I would tell myself to make sure that I know that everything is going to turn out fine as long as I work hard, stay calm, and continue to make rash and reasonable decisions. Knowing that everything won't be perfect, is no reason to completely give up. In all actuality, I wouldn't change any per say. I beleive that my life is going and is a very content and wonderful place right now and I wouldn't change it for the world.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high senior I would advise myself to take classes more seriously, because college is not easy. I would let myself know college isn't cheap and to save the money from my job in high school to pay for books, parking decals, ink for my printer, and also the money I needed for tuition that I didn't recieve from financial aid like I was supposed to. I would just let myself know that it's going to be a struggle but insure myself that I can do it.

The advice I would give myself knowing the college life would be stay focused and get more help. Entering college I inspected it to be a breeze all the way through but I wind up being wrong and overwhelmed. Once I got myself together I struggle to bring my GPA up and now I am struggling on finding a internship to help secure my post graduation job. So stay focus and stay on top of things would be the things I would tell myself if I could go back in time.