Winston-Salem State University

« See more reviews of Winston-Salem State University

If I could give advice to parents and future college students I would advise them to never settle for less than what they want in and expect of a college. College is a fun and exciting time but in order to suceed one must be able to juggle. and mulititask. I would tell the students that whatever they do while at college it should be done with intergrity. Make the most out of every learning experience and never take a day of life and education for granted.

Do your research on the school. Check out the background and inside information about the school. Make sure you visit the any open-houses that avaible before you enroll so that you are able to check out the scenery and how everyone interacts on campus. Ask around about the college like current students who attend. And just make sure that you know that this is the school you want to attend for the next four years because it is longer than what you think!

I would tell myself to make sure I save up for college. Make sure I start out strong and try not to procrastinate. As soon as I get an assignment either start on it or finish it and do not wait until the last minute. Be outgoing and social because you may meet a lot of people that can help you to do great in class. They can help you with your work or let you borrow there book if you do not have one. And make sure I do my best and do not settle for a C.

Make sure you start early and weigh out all of your options. Don't be afraid of diversity. Those are schools where I think you learn more. I attended a predominantly white university my freshman year and I can honestly say that I felt more challenged there. It was a unique experience to learn more about other cultures there. Plan ahead, Plan ahead, plan ahead. Don't be afraid to do the out of state schools. You get to travel and see more there!

Visit, tour, and research the opportunities of your school. Be sure to separate work and play, business and leisure to be successful and still have fun in college. Do not follow your friends to college, it is imperative to set your own standard and be trailblazer! Become involved in positive activities that promote unity, goodness, well-being, and amusement. Make the best out of each and every situation you encounter, positive or negative.

I would take my time in studying for and completing any/all entrance examinations necessary for school. Ensure that all scholarship opportunities afforded me (essay, survey questions, etc.) were done in a timely manner. Apply for more student aid through govenment, community service organizations. Make sure that my final GPA in high school was competitive and above average with other students in my school and across the country.

The advice that I would give students/parents about choosing the right college, is to choose a school that has a n excellent program for major. I would also tell them to make sure that they have fikked out their financial aid forms on time. Advice for making the most of their college experience is to stay focused, work hard, socialize with others on campus, and try to get invovled in some activites at school.

Hey you! Everything you are focused on, blessed with, and can do, keep doing it! Your study habits shouldn't change and neither should your personality. Continue to be the person everyone loves and strive for greater. Yes, there will be plenty of challenges, but know that God will never leave nor forsake you, You Can Do It! Continue to network and always aim for a strong finish academically and in track.

Do not go off of your parents belief of what the college will be like. Because times have changed since they have been there. The school and people may have changed by time you get there. Not only that but you may not like same things they liked at that time in there life. Basically, im saying, choose a school thats fits you and the type of person you are in order to get the best college experience.

I would have told myself, back in high school, to take 1-2 years off and then go to college. I think that going to college right after school, when there were so many things in life I wanted to experience, made me less focused on my work. Going back to school a little older and wiser has made me a better student. I put so much more effort into my schoolwork, and my grades are awesome.