Winston-Salem State University

« See more reviews of Winston-Salem State University

College is what you make out of it. You don't have to go to Harvard or Yale to come out on top. College is all about getting a education and networking. You have to network everywhere you go becuase you never know who you're talking to. You could go to a small school, but, if you have a good network, after graduation you just might be sitting next to a Harvard graduate at work.

I would say please take your time to think about what you really are looking for in a college. Don't apply just because your friends are doing so and by all means visit each and every college that you apply to. Things are very different in person than they are on paper. Talk to students who attend there, have graduated from there and even people who work there if you can.

If I could go back in time as a high school senior I would take the time to improve my home making skils. As a male living on my own and being a baseball player with an active schedule, I found it difficult to find the time to do laundry, clean and cook. If I had taken the time as my mother requested maybe I would have been able to provide for myself better.

I have grown up alot since i started college. I have learned you really have to study and give it your all because your major is your career for the rest of your life. It has been valuable because it will benefit my son and I for the rest of our lives. It has given me the opportunity to work hard for what I want in life and be able to provide for my son.

Knowing now that college is a totally different atmosphere than high school, I would tell myself to "Be Prepared, it's nothing like high school!" I would also tell myself that college is a wonderful place to expand your horizon and become anyone you want. Enjoy everything, yes, even the studying for tests, because it will be over with before you know it.

It is good to get the college life experience but dont get wrapped up in the college life style and forget about the education you are paying for. There are benefits with living close to home. There is academic help on campus so dont be afraid to use it. Get out there and have fun but dont forget college is the doorway to a happy, successful future!

College has been a valuable experience to me. These days you can't get anywhere in life without a college education, so I am staying focused because I am determined to make something of myself and make my family proud. I have learned that I can have safe fun while I am in school. As long as i stay focused, anything can happen.

I would tell everyone to do research on the college of their choice. Take time to evalute different colleges and their campus. Ask a lot of questions to gain proper knowledge of the experience at that particular college. Also, choose a college that is accredited with your choice of major. RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH!

I would advice parents and/or students to choose the right college by choosing the best one that suits them. College is a way for a student to expeirence a new beginning into adulthood. Location and price matter but if one does not like the atmosphere then the ability to like the school will become harder to enjoy.

Don't judge a college by it's pictures!!!!!!!!!!! Know what you want in a college. All colleges are about money but you want to pick the college to fit your needs and not theirs. And just because you didn't get accepted doesn't mean you can't go to college it simply means that you are better at another college.