Winston-Salem State University

« See more reviews of Winston-Salem State University

If i could go back and talk to High school me, i would tell myself to work much harder in school and apply for out of city schools . I would tell myself to go away to school for you can see something different and learn something different. I also would tell myself that you can open every door by just trying.

The advice I would give is to find a college that dedicated to the students needs. To make your college experience worth while, get involved in academic based clubs that will help you academically. Get involved in sports to keep you active and find friends that you share the same interests with.

I would say do research about everything. Make sure the surroundings are appropriate, that the academics are high priority, extra curricular activities areto your liking are available,campus security, amount of financial aid, food plans and services are to your liking. Just check everything!

My college experience is just begining, (first year) I feel as if I'm still in a transitioning mode. But what I've learn so far is that I came to college well prepared to take on any challenge that is put in front of me. Thanks in advance, Je'Lisa M. Durroh

Finding the right college is very important because most likely you will be at that university for four years, a lot of freshman drop out after the first semester because they realize that the college they chose was not right for them.

take your time because you will be putting a lot of your time nad money in the college you choose and just make the best out of everything you do. it's only as fun and great as you make it .

Just stay focused and keep your head up. There are times when you will be frustrated, but don't lose focus and don't give up! College is the best decision you can ever make, so make the best of the experience ok!

When you look into a school look into all the aspects of the school. Don't just look at your major look at the financial aid office and other departments that will be dealing with your personal business.

Stay on track and make good grades. Develop study habbits and just stay focused on why your in school to start off with. Remember to get involved with things or groups on campus and just enjoy life!!!

I would encourage students and parents to do background research on the school. I would encourage them to visit and find out what type of environment they will be in if they went to the school.