Wisconsin Lutheran College Top Questions

I wish I had known more about the programs offered and more about the housing situation.

Scott

I wish I would have known more about theology before starting school. I do not come from a background in theology and I feel it has put me at some what of a disadvantage to some other students. As my classes incorporate scripture often I find myself having to go back and look up different passages and themes.

Morgan

How strict all the rules were.

daniel

how poor the social life is

Benjamin

I wish I had known how much tuition would go up each year. I'm sure its pretty much the same everywhere, but the last few increases have been tough to handle since I'm paying my own way through.

Sara

To keep my options open, I changed my major 3 times and I still am not a hundred percent sure that is what I will do the rest of my life. Also that the world is a lot bigger than it looks.

Francisco

How hard it can be to make a decent amount of money. Even with a job, the costs of supporting yourself in college can add up fast. My only goal while working during the year was to save up enough money for a computer and I couldn't even do that.

Angela

I wish I had known just how many programs and events the school puts on for its students. There are so many things to do on campus, during the week and on the weekends, its hard to plan time for a trip home.

Hillary

I wish I had known how different the work load is in college. I was unprepared for the higher amounts of course work and the need for studying, as well as the academic rigor of the school.

Nathan

If you enjoy doing something that the school does not provide as an activity, start a club or org. (Just because your parents or others want you to do a sport, you do not have to!)

Erica

When I came to the college for a campus tour, I was given all of the information that I wanted. The tour guide and the students made me feel "at home" and the atmosphere is so friendly. The professors are wonderful and allow their students to grow from nervous college freshman to confident and successful adults. Personally, before I attended Wisconsin Lutheran College, I knew everything that allowed me to make that decision.

Min

I wish I knew that the education program takes 4 to 5 years to complete

Nothing comes to mind...

Tiffany

I wish I would have known that finding out about scholarships were so easy. Our financial aid office is constatly looking for new scholarships and posting them around the school for us. It would have helped if I have known about this earlier in the school year. I may have been able to find scholarships for my second semester. However, now that I know that they do this for us I am constantly checking them out.

Stefanie

I wish I had known how much I was going to miss school when I was finally done. I wish I would have taken the time to enjoy my classes and spending time with my friends. Looking back college was one of the most fun times of my life. It seems like it all went too fast!

I can't think of anything at the moment. I really enjoy this school and I believe that it has a positive learning experience!!!

keshia

I wish i knew how expencive it really was to attend this college because i would have looked for more grants and scholorships.

Ryan

I wish I had known that there was and is potential for excelence that is readily available inside me. I must simply find the will to tap into it and achieve my potential. In highschool, I knew i was smart; however, I used my ability to skate by at the last moment. When I made the move to WLC, I was "pushed" to dig deeper in order to succeed. Instead of working to succeed, I strove for excellence. After a few semesters of "striving", I achieved 4.0 GPA. I wish I had known that a long time ago.

Alycia

How hard it was to be a commuter and attend this school.

Sara

I wish I had known about the availability of on-campus jobs. I would have tried to get a job iin the admissions office before all of the spots filled up. I really enjoy working with the admissions counselors. The job could have helped me to know some of the names of the people on campus, thus being able to make friends easier.

Erica

I wish I had known how difficult winter was going to be. I wish I knew which professors to take. I wish I had known which major I wanted.

thomas

I wish I could have talked to someone in my major I went into and asked them about the professors and classes to take first and what to take when and so on.

Natosha

I wish I had known how quickly it all goes by. I wish I had known that by my junior year it wouldn't seem so overwhelming anymore. I needed someone to tell me that it was a great experience to learn so much about yourself and to keep pushing through. You will get to a certain point where it's bearable and definitely worth all the hard work.

Amber

How much a private education loan would accumulate interest.