Wisconsin Lutheran College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Wisconsin Lutheran College

Wisconsin Lutheran College is a family. When you walk past someone they will always smile to you, which will brighten your day! The professors are all amazing. They take the time to work with you in and outside of class. They encourage you to come talk to them if you ever have any problems. The professors also try to incorporate Jesus into all of our classes. That is one thing that I am extremely blessed and happy about! The campus is extremely safe as well. Even though we are in Milwaukee, we are in a stretch that hardly has any crime! Overall, Wisconsin Lutheran College is a great college. It will leave me with more than just an education. It will leave me with friends, professors I will always remember, and a knowledge of God and how to apply that to the world. I am so blessed to attend this college!

Laura

This really is a great school, good academics and a nice variety of extracurricular activities:)

mamie

My overall opinion of that I enjoyed my time at Wisconsin Lutheran College. Before i went for a visit, I didn't know how my experience would go. I didn't know if it was gong to be what like every other college that I have visited or worse. I was surprised by everything. The campus, teachers, and the food.

Alexis

its a very family comforting school. Its a beautiful campus and there are lots of opportunities to meet new people within the dorms, and on campus. A small campus is much better then a huge one, you are able to connect one on one with more people then if you were at bigger campus.

Allison

I love Wisconsin Lutheran College. The professors truly show that they care and expect us to succeed. If we don't, they go the extra mile to help us. The extra curricular activities also help prepare us for our future. As an education major, I am able to participate in the Future Teacher Educators of America club which allows the education majors to meet and help each other through the major. As a music major, I can participate in Classical Music club to be able to participate in local musical performances. Overall, if you are looking for a small school that will care about your success, Wisconsin Lutheran College is the place for you.

Lillyan

If you are looking for a school where you can learn, have a great time, and grow stronger in your faith, Wisconsin Lutheran College (WLC) is definitely the place for you. The staff and faculty are always helpful. The campus is always filled with Warrior love, and once a Warrior always as Warrior.

Jess

WLC will provide you with an amazing Christian education. The professors are always willing to help and the class sizes are around 20 people per class so it makes it very easy to participate in classroom discussions. The small school sometimes feels like a high school but everyone is very close and it is a truly uplifting and fun atmosphere.

Caitlin

I will be starting at WLC in January of this next year. So far I have been very impressed with the college. I love the atmosphere and the help from all the advisors and other staff who have been involved in my application and acceptance process. I really look forward to starting the Business Management and Leadership program.

Veronica

I think WLC is an amazing college. My favorite part is that the campus is so small. This allows for students to make deeper connections with one another, for professors to have more one on one time with students, and allows students to not feel like just a number. This college also has a lot of activities and clubs to get involved in, there is something for everyone.

Abigail

I have been at Wisconsin Lutheran College for two weeks and I love it. The professors, counselors, and students here really want to know who you are and how they can make your experience here the very best. It is like a big family. The professors are extremely knowledgeable and accommodating for every circumstance. The people here are kind hearted and supportive. The culture and atmosphere of WLC is the highlight. There are always events and fun activities to do on campus.

Ashton

I will be attending class at Wisconsin Lutheran College in the Fall 2018. I am very excited to be heading off to college in the fall. The campus is approximately 45 minutes from my home which will allow me to come home on the weekends if I want. Since the college in Milwaukee there is plenty to do and see!

I love it here! Everyone at WLC is kind and always willing to lend a helping hand, even if it switching your laundry from the washer to the dryer. Walking around campus everyone says hello to one another, opens doors, and really gets to know you. Living at WLC is almost like living at home because we are like a big family living at summer camp. The class sizes are small and perfect for getting to know the people around you and having a close relationship with your professors. WLC is defiantly one of the best schools in Wisconsin.

Sidney

WLC is a great college. The class sizes are small, which is great to learn. Everyone is friendly, and there is a Christian atmosphere. People are always willing to help, there are tutoring or study sessions all the time. Professors are available and know you by name, rather than being a number, and everyone is very welcoming.

Anna

Wisconsin Lutheran College has been a huge blessing in my life. The relationships I have developed at WLC are valuable and I would not trade them for anything. Professors are willing to go above and beyond to help their students succeed. I truly appreciate everything they have taught me.

Joshua

I believe that Wisconsin Lutheran College is the best place for me to learn and develop my faith. Wisconsin Lutheran College is very safe and does not have the same level of sinful temptations as other colleges. I like the professors and the small class sizes.

Irene

There is not a lot of diversity in WLC so it is a little hard to find someone of a different background than you. Most of the students here are nice and the professors are always available for help. On-campus housing is a little expensive but that's because the buildings are relatively new. Although it says in the name, the college is not specifically for Lutherans and you do not have to attend church while going here. Unfortunately, there are a few people that are very close-minded in their ways but generally, people are really nice and are willing to look at issues in a different way. All in all, I have loved my experience so far in WLC. Sometimes I do feel that I would have loved a bigger college but then I remembered how much love I feel here. WLC has truly become home away from home for me.

Tierney

Wisconsin Lutheran College is a very prestigious college and I am very proud to say I attend this school. Here at Wisconsin Lutheran, we are being taught to not only succeed in our career, but in real life. I am a student-athlete here, and even though I have a lot on my plate, I know that I will succeed at both because I have the whole school pushing me to do my best and I know I have the school and its people to fall back on if I do struggle. At Wisconsin Lutheran College, we as students are not just taking classes for our intended majors, but we are also required to take other classes like English and theology because this is a liberal arts school. We are not here to just get through the classes we need to graduate with our degree in our major, but to graduate and walk into the world with a well-rounded education that will help us to succeed in the real world. We are taught to have character and ethics to make us the best people that we can be. By getting this type of education, I believe we as students will be pushed to the top of the list by companies looking to hire in our field because yes they want someone that can do the work, but they also want a good and well-rounded person that can represent their company in the best way. I am proud to say I go to Wisconsin Lutheran College because I am certain I will graduate with a well-rounded education and walk into the real world with character and ethics that will help me to succeed at everything I do throughout my life. Wisconsin Lutheran College is one of the best colleges in the world in my eyes and I am excited to continue my education here and see where it will take me in my life.

Mady

Wisconsin Lutheran College is a great school that offers a rigorous academic curriculum, regardless of your major, and countless extra curricular activities. The education program at WLC is one of the best in the state and offers its students plenty of hands-on experiences. The smaller class sizes are ideal for students who enjoy class discussion, and getting one on one help from professors. The professors at WLC are very flexible and are more than willing to help students outside of the classroom. There are many clubs and organizations on campus to help students learn more information about there majors, as well as provide them with a way of meeting new people on campus. Because our campus size is smaller, there is a better sense of community among students. This is clearly evident at sporting events, which a majority of students on campus regularly attend. There are also many opportunities for on campus worship multiple times a week. Our campus pastors are always willing and able to meet with students, and offer any help and support that they may need. All in all, WLC is a wonderful school that offers growth in many various areas: improving your academic skills, creating life-long friendships, and strengthening your faith.

Morgan

This is an awesome college for someone who wants to work hard and make a difference. WLC has a ton of amazing opportunities to build your resume and get involved in the community. This is by no means a party school. I love the small class sizes and the opportunity to be able to know my professors on a more personal level.

Tierney

Wisconsin Lutheran College is an amazing school so far. Originally this was just my back up college in case I didn't get into the college I wanted. But after I toured here in November of 2015, I knew this was my dream school. I am extremely happy I attend here.

wynonah

Like everything in life, there are always room for improvements. Wisconsin Lutheran College could improve their school store. The clothing selection is very limited and standardized. Having more options year round, fun designs, and sports-fan-gear would be great improvements. The food also gets old after a while. Having a fresh fruit bar (such as strawberries, pineapple, grapes, etc), more healthier options, and more variety would help. Lastly, the Warrior Underground is a coffee shop where you can purchase food to go. Lots of colleges have businesses such as Erberts and Gerberts, Jimmy Johns, Starbucks, etc. at the college. Consideration of this in the Warrior Undergournd would also enhance the college experience.

Sydney

Wisconsin Lutheran College gave me a wonderful experience. After graduation from high school, I was extremely nervous to start school. WLC students and faculty were extremely welcoming. The professors were all great at their job, and took interest in you as a person. I had an amazing experience.

Zackary

From the limited exposure I've had so far, I love it. From the moment I decided to go here, they gave me so many opportunities to get on campus and meet new people. Between friends who are passionate about what I am and professors that are always more than happy to assist, I feel right at home.

Olivia

Wisconsin Lutheran College feels like home from the moment one takes foot on campus. WLC is a beautiful campus, not too big, yet, not too small. Located close to downtown Milwaukee, this is much to do both on campus and off campus. The dorms are phenomenal, offering large rooms for the freshmen, while upgrading to an apartment look and feel starting sophomore year. The professors show their care in everything they do, offering many available office hours. The small classes allow for students to understand their material, whether it is a gen-ed or geared specifically for a major. In addition, there is a perfect balance between class work, sports, recreational activities, music, and drama. Plus, WLC makes college life interesting by providing activities such as free hot-dog days once a month, bingo nights that offer great prizes, free food from restaurants every Tuesday, days off campus such as movies and Bucks games, and numerous clubs. Lastly, Wisconsin Lutheran College lives up to its Christian perspective, putting Christ first in everything they do. 20 minute chapels are offered every day, and Bible studies are constantly offered. Wisconsin Lutheran College is a beautiful campus with many opportunities, but most importantly, it puts Christ as the main priority in a student's life.

Abigail

Wisconsin Lutheran College provides students with the tools necessary to succeed in life and to obtain the best college experience possible. All the people I have encountered are genuine and friendly. The professors, counselors, advisers, and staff care about you as an individual and want to see you succeed. The academic programs are vigorous, but tutors, classmates, and professors make themselves available to assist you in any way they can. The dorms are extremely nice but the food is average. Though this college comes at a high price, I highly recommend this college to anyone looking for an uplifting, challenging academic environment and experience.

Andrea

Cute little college. Lots of financial aid. You will fit in whether you are religious or not and whether you drink or do not. No matter what, there is a variety of people who are willing to meet you. Most people, including staff, are very friendly and super helpful. The cafeteria food is actually pretty decent and it is a small campus, so everything is so close. Only a couple printers on campus though, that are very cumbersome and difficult to use. Also, Milwaukee is very cold so if you're not from the Midwest, buy a down parka and insulted mittens. There is a lot of fun shops and places to eat, but it is not in walking distance of the college.

I thought I would not be able to get involved or make a lot of friends when I came to college because I am a commuter, but there are lots of clubs to join and lots of other events to participate in if you are not feeling ready to commit to a club. In general there is always something going on and it usually involves free food. They also have a lot of events just for commuters so we are able to get to know one another and share the struggle of having to carry around our entire lives in our backpacks. The professors all have office hours when we can definitely find them and they have always been willing to talk to me about questions I have about class or about what I should take in future semesters. The students, profs, and faculty are all very welcoming and genuinely want to help students who come here. We are a small school, but despite that there are a lot of opportunities to connect with potential employers, get research experience, and things like that. And these opportunities are for anyone who wants them; It is not ridiculously competitive.

Zach

If you are looking for a college that has small class sizes, professors that can become your friends and a campus that has a family-like atmosphere, then WLC is the place to be. Class sizes, at least for science classes, usually have about 20 students. The small class size provides plenty of one-on-one time with your professor if you need help. Along with this, each class has a designated tutor who is free to utilize and is strongly encouraged that you do utilize them (even if you are a 4.0 student). But the best part of the campus is the family-like atmosphere. The inviting nature of the campus, along with the small student body causes the campus to feel like a family. It is quite common for students to build long-lasting friendships, no only with other students, but the faculty because they are truly at WLC for the benefit of the students.

Evan