Springfield, OH
Wittenberg University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wittenberg University

Wittenberg University is a small liberal arts school that is not in the most exciting area, but contains a tight-knit community which offers a great balance of good academics and an active social scene.

The campus is what I fell in love with: it is absolutely gorgeous and closed in, as opposed to some schools that have buildings scattered around a city or town. This school also has dedicated alumni, which shows that students truly enjoy their college experience here at Wittenberg.

Many things must be considered when attempting to locate the best college for you. One of the first steps is deciding the size of the school that you wish to attend, because it will be much easier to make your decision if you know what you want going into it. From personal experience I would recommend determining the distance you are willing to travel from home as another vital step to be taken early on in the college search process. Some people are okay with traveling whatever distance necessary to find a great school, while others need the option of visiting home on a regular basis, so it is important to figure out which kind of person you are. A final main point to consider is your financial sitiuation as compared to the amount of fiancial aid the school offers. But even after making all of these preliminary decisions, the most important thing is to keep an open mind and to pick the school that you love. The worst thing is to end up at a school where you will not be happy, so follow your heart. You will know what school is best for you when you find it.

John

It is pretty small you can walk from any edge of the cmpus to the exact opposit in 10 minutes. In addition, We have a great history in division 3 sports with the winniest football team and mens basketball team (in Div. III NCAA).

I think that it is very important for the student to stay overnight and learn what it is really like. I know ass soon as i stepped my schools campus and started interacting with the students (without my parents right next to me) I felt at home and found the school to fit my personality. I would also suggest looking at big and small schools and see determine hich one you like better after visiting. For parents I would want to ask them to encourage the student who is applying and be with them, but give them space when they are deciding what school and major. If you, the parents, are making all the decisions then the student probably will not have a full heart into what they are doing and therefore not preform to the precieved expectations. It will also discourage the student and might lead to more deviant behaviors such as excesive alcohol or drug use (Rebelling against their parents ideas).

I wish i would have known about the strict zero tolernce alchol violations. I wish i also would have known about how the secret societies seem to run the campus (through administration as well as students).

My classmates are intelligent, encouraging, and very willing to help outside of class if needed.

The best advice I can give in finding the right college is to not stress out too much about it. Don't put too much pressure on yourself; it's not worth it. Know your preferences - number of students, distance from home, size of campus - and visit campuses that fit that description. You'll know when one feels "right" to you. There's a very good chance you'll be happy wherever you end up, and you will make those years the best four years of your life. As for making the most of the college experience, the key is finding the right balance. You obviously don't want to shirk your academic responsibilities in favor of partying with your newfound college friends, but all work and no play is not a good idea either. School should come first (that's why you're there in the first place), but be sure to find time for relaxing with friends, too.

If I had to pick one thing about my school to be the "worst," I would say the food on campus, but only because there's not much variety to it. It gets old after a few months of eating it.

Amy

Our Biology and Education majors. For teaching the liberal arts: a well-rounded academic approach to life

I believe an important part of the college decision process is to take several campus visits to schools you are interested in. Perhaps meet a professor who's major you are interested in and spend the night with a student so you can get a sense of the social life. Never visit a school when classes are not being held because you do not get to witness the interaction between the students. Look at each schools extracurricular activities that they offer. The most important advice to making the most of your college experience is to get involved with campus life. Find clubs or activities that may interest you and give them a chance. You will meet new people this way and gain many memories in the process.

I play on a great volleyball team. Beautiful campus

Kaitlin

Finding the right college can be both exciting and extremely difficult. My advice for parents and students making decisions about what college to attend would be to start this decision process early, keep an open mind, make a list of colleges that you think would be a good fit, and visit the college campuses that you are interested in attending. You should take into consideration the missions and values of each prospective school along with what academic programs (majors/minors) they offer. Ask yourself the question: "Could I really see myself here for four years?" Parents and students also need to take into consideration the cost of tuition and scholarships available at your prospective universities. No matter what school you finally decided to attend just remember that college life is what you make it; so take your time, don't stress, and make sure you are happy with your final decision.

The type of person that should attend Wittenberg University should be an ethusiastic, determined, and passionate student. A person going to college should be outgoing and social as well as a good student. You can come from any background, race, or religion and feel comfortable at Wittenberg University.

Wittenberg University is an excellent undergraduate school that provides their students with a liberal arts education. There are state of the art academic and athletic facilities avaliable to students at Wittenberg. There are also numerous on and off campus activites including greek life. Everyone at Wittenberg is friendly and helpful. I feel like I am at home when I am on campus.

kaitlin

In choosing a college, you need to look for the school that has your major academic interests, and find the learning environment that meets your learning style and needs. You should look for the campus that feels like home. It will be important to connect to the community availabe to you to feell safe and happy in your new home. Walk the campus and talk to other students about what they like or dislike on their campus. Try to choose the geographical location based on how close you want to be to your family, and consider the cost of traveling home. Consider weather as an option to relocating to a different climate, such as a warmer city. if you are considering playing a sport, spend time with the team and see if you fit in . It will be more important to love your teammates, as you will be spending many hours with them., working hard towards common goals. Most of all, enjoy the process!

what a beautiful campus it is how engaging the professors are how it became my home what a great education I got the awesome experience of playing a varsity sport at the collegiate level for 4 yrs

Jasmine

Generally nice people who just want to get to know everyone

Generally nice people who just want to get to know everyone

In order to really know what a school is like, you need to ask everyday students questions rather than only staff members and students who are paid to be very enthusiastic about the school. An everyday student will be able to give you an unbiased view of what the school is really like. Don't forget to ask students about the social life on campus! You should also visit a few classes to see what it would really be like to attend the school. See if you like the size of the class, the professors, the way classes are run, etc. One of the main reasons I chose Wittenberg was because I loved the classes I visited before I got here. There were usually about 10 to 15 students in a class and they were always seminar style where the students got to talk just as much as the professor. Eat a meal on campus and visit the dorm that you would be living in so that you can really get the feel of what living on campus would be like.

Someone is studious and academically focused but likes to party also. Non-drinkers/non partiers would probably not enjoy this school, and those that are only focused on partying can easily fail out. Everyone here likes to have a good time but it is also very academically challenging.

Brittani

It's big enough ,but not so small that you're not always meeting new people. Friends here really do become your family away from home, and I know that I'll be bonded with these people for the rest of my life. You can just be yourself here. Of course there are "groups" formed, but your membership in any one group, doesn't affect your ability to hang out with people from other groups, or to traverse through several at once. I really like that! The other schools I considered would've just made me a number.

I would say that college is going to be the greatest teacher you will ever have up until now. It doesn't matter if you think you're open-minded, you're completely set in your ways, you feel like you're already independent, or your mom's done everything for you since you were an infant, you will learn so much about who you are, or have the potential to be, and it will astound you! Your values may stay the same or stretch to accomodate all the new information you're getting, so don't be afraid. Don't count out any one school or place because you think it won't be right. Explore all the possibilites , and try things you wouldn't usually. Your parents idea(l)s are not yours. Use that wonderful brain of yours, and let them find comfort in the fact tha they raised you, so no matter what that means, good or bad, you can make it on your own. Remember that college is not just about grades, and you won't be excellent at everything. That's ok! Enjoy the overall experience because it's over before you know it!

I wish I'd known about some of the challenges I'd have to face extracurricularly, as well as had more emphasis on what I needed to do to get the GPA I wanted, that was different from what I did in high school. I also wish I'd known how much I'd be pulled and stretched (in a good way) and realize that that wasn't necessarily happening for others around me. Lastly, I wish I'd known how much I'd change for that better; it would've eased some of the harder times.

Anne

They challenge me to do my best by offering their own views and opinions; the more prepared they are the more it makes me want to do better.

I would suggest that students enroll in as many activities as possible at first and wean them down as time goes on. Freshman year is the easiest and students can spend more time finding their place around the campus. I would also suggest that they attend ALL orientation events (even those that are optional) because if you stay in your dorm room all the time, you won't meet new pepole and have new experiences. One of my profs told me to enter situations that would make you uncomfortable because it will help you become a more rounded person. New students should try their hardest to meet and form relationships with staff and faculty because those are the people that know the campus best and can help you when you need it; plus they're actually real people and fun! I would also say that yes, class is important, but so is a social life - so go out and have some fun every once in awhile. College is a blur and goes by way too fast, so make the most of it by having new experiences that you never thought possible, and have fun!

A person who is willing to work hard in their studies by seeking extra help from classmates and their profs before they go out and have fun; This school is for people who want to succeed in both studies and their personal social life and extra curriculars.

Wittenberg University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.