Springfield, OH
Wittenberg University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wittenberg University

Chase
looking for scholarships

looking for scholarships

i am a senior at walnut hills high school and i was accpeted into wittenberg and i am very intersted in attedning the school in fall of 2016. i would like to know if any scholarships are available

Jair
Best choice that I made

Best choice that I made

My experience on and off campus has been nothing but positive. This is my first experience being away from my family and it has taken a little while to get adjusted to it but with the new people that I have met they have helped. Participating in campus sports has helped me to retain a support system for academics as well.

Mallory

Mallory, don't be afraid to dream big and always go with your gut instinct. Life is sometimes about going big or going home. You will always want to go home. Home is not a physical place, it is the place you belong. When you find home, go big and live to your greatest potential.

Wittenberg has a strong sense of community and family. I feel like I am a part of the larger whole.

Rebecca

Wittenberg University is a small town college with a ton of school spirit providing a liberal arts education for student's who want to succeed and become well rounded individuals.

Wittenberg University is known for the diverse students it brings onto campus and the many unique opportunities that are given. When you come to Wittenberg you will find that there are many different clubs and organizations to join that fit who you and what your interests are. Another thing you will find is that you can mix and match so many majors and even create your own! The professors are very relational and want to get to know you and help you succeed! Oh, and I can't forget Ezry....Tiger Up!

Looking back on high school and myself as a senior, I would tell myself to not worry so much. You will realize that college is a big transition, but it is not even close to unbearable. You will be nervous and excited on move in day and leaving your parents might be cool or it might be tough, but the college experience is definitely worth the emotions that come with it. College is a time in which you can discover more about yourself and what you want to become in the future. You will make amazing friends who share similar interests and make memories that will last a lifetime. The transition into having more independence should not scare you because you are not alone. You are entering into this transition with a lot of other people who are in the same place as you, so you just have to relax, have fun, and not worry so much! Being independent (but not totally) allows for you to dip your toes into what the future is like, but you have four years to dip your toes, so make the most of it. Relax! It will be okay!

Jacob

my school is a community that helps each other out. you can not go through the campus without someone saying hello to you. my school is a prestigious university that will bring out the best in anybody going there.

i would tell myself to make sure my grades stay up and to enjoy going to college because it is going to be one of the best times of your life so take it all in.

Having a light within us, we pass on intellectual inquiry, compassion, and the need for global citizenship from one generation to the next bringing light to all.

It’s the fall of my senior year in high school, and I’m standing at the sidelines at half time waiting to march for the last time on this rugged football field. We didn’t have much at our high school, but we sure had pride. Standing under those bright lights for the last time, feeling the anticipation of the crowd awaiting our performance, was a feeling like no other. In that final moment life felt infinite, however I felt the future lurking in the back of my mind. Who was I going to be in the world? I had spent so much of high school participating in marching band, student government, and community service. I didn’t really know what all of this did for me until this moment. Suddenly I understood that what matters in life is that I always have something to be proud of, something in life that pushes me to be a better person and to help make the world a better place. Looking back now, I would tell myself to trust that instinct. The instinct that with faith and good will, we will always find our way in a sea of insecurities.

Wittenberg is a very accepting and diverse campus. Any student who wants a prosperous, vitalizing education would succeed greatly here. Wittenberg not only focuses on your education, but your growth as an individual. This campus has already taught me how to have faith in my choices, and to believe in a world of giving and generosity. One person's actions can affect millions, and any individual willing to do good in the world would fit right in at Wittenberg.

Heath

My classmates at Wittenberg are intellectually curious, fun to be around, and good friends.

If I were to go back in time to when I was in high school I would tell myself to be interested in college early. We are always told during our freshman year that college is too far away to worry about at that moment. I honestly wish I would have went ahead and started looking and had really taken an interest in college at that point. A college decision can be stressful and it doesn't help that we are encouraged to hold off thinking about college until our junior and senior years. I would tell high school students today that they should start looking and thinking about where they want to go and what they might want to do during their freshman year of high school. It could change but gathering information early is an easy way to take stress off of you at a later date when you also have graduation and financial aid to worry about. It also will give you space to make a much more informed decision that might save money and put you on a better path for your education.

I really don't think there is anything about Wittenberg that is extremely frustrating. I love the school and I chose it because it was the best fit for me and it has lived up to all of my expectations. The professors really care about their students and work their hardest to help us succeed. I think that the campus is extremely beautiful and has everything that I would expect in a college. Our education is also very in depth. I have taken classes at other universities and I can recognize a major difference in the quality of the education.

Sabrina

Wittenberg University is a school where individuals come to find themselves with the help of peers, teachers, and the surrounding community.

If I could go back in time and tell my high school senior self anything it would be to focus less on grades and more on being a well-rounded student. I was one of those students that took difficult classes, but only the ones that I knew I could get good grades in because I was convinced all colleges cared about were my grades. Wittenbeg University has taught me that , while grades are important, being well-rounded is essential. For example, in high school I would never take politic classes because I assumed I could not succeed as well as in other classes. It is part of Wittenberg's motto to be a well-rounded student; therefore, I took a political philosphy class and learned more than I could ever imagine. While I did not get as good of grades in that class as I'd hoped, I've learned that it's not the grade that matters but rather the information that will help my future self. If I'd had this adivce in high school I would have focused on being well-rounded and learned more about myself than I ever could've focusing solely on grades.

The best thing about Wittenberg University is the people I have met. These people have helped me to find myself, when I didn't know there was anything left to be found. I feel supported not only by my teachers, but also all of my peers. I work along side of my peers to solve problems rather than seeing them as a competition I must beat out to be in the top of my class. I'm gaining more from my education here because I'm learning from my classmates just as much as I'm learning from my professors.

People will tell you that college is the most exciting, most liberating, and best experience of your life! Well, they're right. But what they leave out is that the amount of time you should spend on academics is more than the amount of time you spend doing everything else! Yeah, you know you're going to college to get an education, but the effort needed to make the grades is immense. Just remember to plan and stay on top of your work and you'll be fine! When you get to college, remember to have fun. College will be what you make of it. You have the choice to go out, get involved, make memories and lasting relationships! Or you can stay in your dorm and watch movies all weekend and despise college. The choice is yours. As you make the final decsions on which university is right for you, remember to choose the school based on what you want. Ignore other people's opinions because this decision will be your life for the next four years. Don't stress too much in the college decision process, because you're about to enter the best years of your life!

Choosing from thousands of schools across the nation can seem impossible. I wish I knew that it didn't matter where my parents wanted me to go, or where my high school friends were going, or where I could get the best scholarhsip, as long as I wanted to go and I'd be happy there, it'd be okay. So many people make college decsions based on what other people want for them. If you can say with confidance "I'm going to this university because I want to!" it'll be the best decision you'll make.

If you've ever wanted to feel a sense of inclusion, compassion, challenge, and home, well Wittenberg is where you need to go. I pride myself in going to a university that has such friendly students and faculty. Everyday, people take interest in my life and my academics on a personal level. I am always challenged to better myself through academics, community service, and through exploring who I want to be. There are so many activities on campus here where I can be myself and am welcomed with open arms. That's what home is to me. Home is Wittenberg.

Wittenberg University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.