Springfield, OH
Wittenberg University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wittenberg University

Jordan

The best thing about Wittenberg is the people! This includes the friendliness among students, the approachable professors, and all other faculty members. I think that the size of Witt is just right. I recognize people everywhere I go and feel very welcomed at "at home" here. Since I am not from Ohio, most people from home are not familiar with Wittenberg since it is a smaller school and the city of Springfield is not very prominent. I love that it is so easy to get involved here. My friends and I joined a kickball intramural team and won the championship our freshman year- we won the coveted "championship teeshirt" and wore it proudly in the weeks to follow!

I would describe the student body as being relatively diverse. There are many opportunities for students of different racial, religious, cultural backgrounds to interact. In regards to what students wear to class, I would say that many students dress "preppy" (Sperrys, Ralph Lauren Polo, etc.) I have also found that many Wittenberg students are fairly well-off financially. This is most likely because the cost to attend Wittenberg is so high, well- off families are more likely to afford to send their children here.

I have no complaints about my time at Witt!

In my opinion, the stereotype is accurate. Since Wittenberg is a smaller school, a lot of people know each other and are involved in a variety of extra curricular activities.

Since the class sizes are relatively small, all my professors know my name and a little bit about me. I love how approachable the professors are here and how available they are to assist their students. While the academic rigor is pretty difficult, there are many resources to take advantage of such as the Writing Center, FLLC, Math Lab, etc.

There is a vast variety of activities for students to get involved on campus. Unlike larger universities, Greek life does not dominate the social scene, but many students are in a sorority/fraternity. Other organizations students are commonly involved in are: union board, intramurals, sports teams, Honor Council, student government, OA etc. I personally am involved with Younglife- a Christian outreach ministry that targets high school kids. I volunteer as a leader and a "mentor" to a group of high school girls through Younglife.

I would say that a stereotype of the average Wittenberg student is that they are athletic, very friendly and outgoing.

Mary

The best part about Witt is the friendly environment that we have here. I love the fact that I can go anywhere on campus and smile or say hello to someone I don't know and they will smile or say hello right back to me. I also love all of the history and traditions that we have at Wittenberg. They have enriched my experience here beyond measure!

I won't lie, Wittenberg probably isn't the most diverse campus on the planet. But, they have done a great job in recent years trying to develop greater diversity on campus. I have been able to meet people from all walks of life on this campus, and I really appreciate that :) A lot of students are from Ohio, but there are more and more out of state students each year!

Wittenberg is an amazing place, and it will stay close to my heart forever. It is a school that is built on lots of history and tradition, and that is just something that you can't find everywhere else!

No! While we do have a very strong athletic program, it does not define out student body by any means. Wittenberg has a great community and we love to support each other; whether its on the field, on stage, in the classroom, or whatever :)

Wittenberg has wonderful academics! I still keep up with professors I had my freshman year. I feel totally comfortable asking professors for help and have been overwhelmingly pleased with the results! Each department has something special or unique to offer it's students, and I think that really sets Witt apart from other schools. I can't lie, the general education requirements are difficult sometimes, but I have seen how they have expanded my knowledge and especially how they overlap in so many ways, and that makes it all worth it!

Social life on Witt's campus is quite diverse. As I like to think of it, if you want to go and get wasted, you can do that... but if you prefer to hang out, you can do that too. No matter what your 'style' is, you can find someone who is right there with ya :) I myself don't drink and I have never had any trouble finding something fun to do on campus! The university is great at providing ways to have fun without the use of alcohol :)

Jesse

Wittenberg is the perfect school. It's fairly small but this way you get to know everyone. I still walk to class and everyday see someone who I don't know, but it's truly like having a second family at Witt. The one thing I would change, however, is because it's so small we really don't have many food options on campus. For example, we have three "meal options" like the cafeteria, etc. but I would love to have a Starbucks or something of that sort on campus.

To throw out a quick fact, Witt has over 160 student run organizations on campus. It's awesome! We have everything from academic clubs to swing dancing. Any interest you have I GUARANTEE we have a club. The great thing too is you can also start your own club, and that's how majority of our clubs are started.

Witt is awesome. It's truly one of the best decisions that I made!

Going along with the theme of Witt is a pretty small school, it's beneficial in the way that all of your professors that you will have will undoubtedly know your name... for all of your 4 years! This is great because the professors here truly do want to help you, they all have the open door policy. It's so great that a lot of them will give out their home phone #'s so you can call them with any questions you have. That's one of my favorite parts about Witt because not only do you have endless resources for stuff like reference letters but the opportunities for learning and expanding that knowledge is even more great.

Well, since I played soccer, I'll talk about sports. Duh! Sports are a pretty big part on our campus and that's not just for players. We always have a big student turn out at all Witt sporting events. On the biggest game days for all of our team, at least once throughout that season, we have a "Code Red" event where all the students in the student section where red. It's just awesome bonding time with your peers and obviously fun! A lot of students also participate in Intramurals and we have stuff from basketball to ping pong. It's just a really fun part of the campus that always brings us all together. But if you're not interested in that stuff, don't think you're going to be lost because our theatre/music department is also really big and there is always some sort of play, musical, or concert going on too! You're always offered variety at Witt and are not going to be thrown into something you don't enjoy.

Everyone thinks that we're snobby! This is so not true. Witt students are probably some of the most sincere and genuine people. Everywhere you go, people will smile at you (even if you don't know them) or hold the door open for you. Everyone on the campus are just all very friendly people, snobby is the COMPLETE opposite!

Joshua

They are best known for their job opportunities and their pre med program.

They are best known for their job opportunities and their pre med program.

I have gotten the ability to plan ahead for important events, as well as always being prepared. If there isn't any prepertion, then not only are you able to have fun with no worries that will hit you in the head in the meer future, but but also, if you are prepared, then you are a couple of steps ahead of everyone else, allowing yourself to open your mind to learn more.

Finding the funding for paying, s well s not recieveng a lot of the mail tht they send to me.

Jordan

I love the size of Wittenberg. With just around 2,000 students, Wittenberg University supports and provides interpersonal relationships that allow you to feel more connected to the university and fellow students. It's a great feeling walking from one area of campus to another, seeing friends and classmates. Initially, I thought I wanted to go to a big state school, however, I'm thankful I didn't because otherwise I would probably feel like a number. The close relationships I've developed with classmates and professors hold me accountable for my actions. It's like the size of Wittenberg is an additional support system.

Wittenberg has a wide range of students, or a diverse student body.If you actively search out other types of people, you can find them no problem. In the past year I have become friends with a many number of international, study abroad students. Apart from international students, you can find domestic students who have very different stories from your own.

I see many of my friends transferring out of their colleges and I just can't imagine not enjoying my college experience, it makes me that much more appreciative! Seriously.

No.Of course, some students will fit the stereotype, and maybe even perpetuate it, but in general I think these stereotypes are wrong.

I would like to think that Wittenberg's academic life is both challenging, yet nurturing. Most likely, professors will question and push you to do more than you have been accustomed to, however, they will also porvide you with all the support and guidance you need. As a student, professors know you by name, they provide you with their email and cell/home phone numbers, and they want to see you succeed. Also, class sizes are relatively low, with the average class size around 20 students.

Wittenberg has a very active social life for students willing to put themselves "out there" and try new things. Our campus has many, many different clubs and activities for someone to get involved. These range from varsity athletics to intramurals, outdoors club to anime club, and greek life to student senate. Students leave their doors open in their dorms, the dating scene is great and their are plenty of places to actually go on dates with columbus and Dayton close by. Greek life is a big part of our campus, but it isn't something you necessarily have to be involved in. I am in involved in greek life, and I love it, it is where I've met some of my best friends in college.

They are elitist, and "cliqued".

Adam

The atmosphere of Wittenberg is awesome. Everything about it is right for me. When I visited, I knew immediately that it was the school that I wanted to spend the next four years of my life at. There aren't many complaints among the students, most people enjoy everything. The food is above average for college food, and there are many options available every day. The town of Springfield is convienent, with everything you need within driving distance (a few miles). The school is small, but not small enough to weigh a person down. Everyone seems to wave to each other, and friendliness is definitely something that Wittenberg is known for.

Everyone is very open! I have a wide-array of friends from all types of different backgrounds. Political and religious beliefs seem to take a backseat to people in general. There are organizations like College Republicans, College Democrats, American International Associations, Gay/Straight Alliance, Athletes for Christ, Jewish Culture Club, and Body Beautiful. The student body is not divided at all! Many college stereotypes reflect that Greek and Non-Greek students do not interact, but that simply is not true at Wittenberg. Non-Greek students are invited to almost all functions, and are encouraged to do what is best for them. I am not Greek, but many of my friends are, and that doesn't get in the way of us hanging out on the weekends.

Wittenberg is a great place to go to school. It has a wonderful atmosphere, and is filled with wonderful people that will make college the best experience of your life!

Not at all! I do not come from a "rich" family, so affordability was key. Through scholarships, grants, and loans, I was easily able to pay for it without much worry.

My personal favorite thing about Wittenberg is the professors. They are dedicated to helping you develop not only as a student, but as a person. I have never had a professor that wasn't open to new ideas, or willing to talk to you about your thoughts on the course. They are willing to speak anytime about grades, tests, or any questions you have about anything. The academic standards at Wittenberg are top-notch. One thing that I realized is that college is supposed to be a great experience, but you are there to learn first and foremost. Students generally agree on this, though there are some who don't put forth as much effort as others. The education is core, with liberal arts at the center. Students take a wide variety of classes that help them decide what they want to do after college. With excellent internship opportunities and study abroad opportunities, most students are able to be placed into jobs or graduate school right after graduation.

Sports teams are huge on campus. The Women's Volleyball team and Men's Football team are especially good. Intramurals are huge, as everyone competes for the coveted Championship t-shirt. Dorms are one big family, and there is almost a uniform open-door policy. I met all of my closest friends through social activities that the Student Activities office organizes (things like movies, comedians, etc.), classes, and in my dorm. There are always events on campus, from political speakers to authors, movies (last year we showed Avatar and Milk, among others), and Wittenberg's own comedy club Pocket Lint.

I was told that it was too expensive to go, because the up-front cost is outrageous! M

Rebecca

We have a really tight knit community that is obvious first thing any one enters the campus. At Witt students and faculty share the halls and the paths leading between buildings, even the cafeteria, and it's always in a pleasant way, as everyone smiles and waves and generally accepts everyone else

We have a wonderfully diverse school, not just people from all over the country, but all over the world! My first roommate was from China and she and I have been planning a visit for me to go meet her family since she got to meet mine. Sure a small population just sticks to their friends, but there are plenty of other people willing to start a friendship!

I have never felt so at home as I have at Witt. I'm moving into an apartment with two girls that I know I will be best friends for life with, and one, who can't move away from the dorms, may just be there all the time too. Witt is a place where you can feel like you are home without your parents and still be completely comfortable to make daring moves and mistakes, because everyone else is doing that too and they are all together at Witt to help each other get back up and learn!

NOT AT ALL!!! Witt is full of people who have money, true, but everyone is SO NICE! People that are in classes with you suddenly become your best friends and can't pass you by without a nice "hello" or a ten minute conversation, it's such an awesome place

The profs here are AWESOME! If you go a full year without visiting a profs house you aren't taking full advantage of the opportunities being offered, because that's just how the profs at Witt are. With a smaller class size it all becomes about the individuals achievements and not just passing the class, but working one on one if that will help. Profs doors are always open, for homework help or a good chat.

While the amount of work that hits toward the end of the semester may keep you busier than you would like, the rest of the year things are booming around Witt. We have Wittfest, which is one weekend where there are blowups and junk food abound, not to mention the countless clubs and activities as well as the games for cheering on the Witt Tigers!

That because the school is expensive all the students are rich and they are going to be carrying around the most expensive items and be snobby to anyone that isn't rich

Aubrey

Wittenberg is a small liberal arts school in Springfield, Ohio. Wittenberg is like a community and the perfect size for getting to know the student body, professors, and faculty and staff. Wittenberg is a college town and there is a lot of school pride. The majority of students would say that coming to Wittenberg was the best decision that they made for their college choice. My favorite part about Wittenberg was getting to know all of your professors and seeing how open they were to helping you get through your toughest obstacles. The people here are wonderful. I have met my closest and dearest friends at Wittenberg through campus organizations, classes, and in my sorority, Delta Gamma. I now call Wittenberg my home.

Wittenberg is very diverse. I met very many different individuals that I wouldn't have met in high school or at other universities. However, it isn't as diverse at bigger universities such as Ohio State, for example. I spent time with international students and individuals who shared different values than myself. Many individuals wear comfortable clothes to class, but anything is really acceptable. Most individuals at Wittenberg come from middle to upper class status, but that can vary. Almost all of the students on campus are politically aware and active and tend to share their views with campus and the outside community. Most individuals are predominantly left, but as for myself, I am not. Everyone is different.

We have a tradition at Wittenberg known as Streaking the Hollow. Before you graduate, it is known that you are "supposed" to streak (run without clothes on) through the Hollow (the open green area) with your closest friends. It is so much fun!

Some. There are many wealthy students who go to Wittenberg, but many are not stuck up and extremely nice. Students come from all over the United States, not just the east coast.

The professors always know your name. They expect a lot from you though. You must always show up to class, participate and show interest in the specific topic. Wittenberg tests your intellect while allowing you to build on what you've already learned. I believe that the reason I learned so much was because of the wonderful professors who always struck an interest in my learning. Intellectual conversations are always happening around campus outside of class, but having fun at Wittenberg with your friends is important too. The academic requirements are demanding, but can be done. I graduated!!

Greek life is huge on this campus and over half of the student body is in a Greek organization. Many individuals are in campus organizations and almost the entire study body is involved in some sort of club, team, or organization. Athletic events are very popular and many attend regularly. A lot of people are dating which makes it hard if you are looking to date because a lot of the "good" ones are taken. This can be a downfall to the small campus. Partying happens on every campus, but Wittenberg has fun people who like to party. Partying happens A LOT!

Stuck up, rich, smart, from the east coast

shelby

i like that wittenbeerg is a small school. The scenery also draws in a lot of students and the it one of the factors that draws them here. i feel that the professors are very personable and i cant wait to start my classes to get that one on one contact that i wouldnt have been able to get at larger schools. Here at Wittenberg im not lost in a sea of faces. I have the ability to stand out and be noticed.

Financially, i know that the majority of the students that attend Wittenberg come from a family of wealth/money.

Excited to be attending Wittenberg University!!!

i dont know yet. i'm an incoming freshman

I haven't started classes yet...Although, my sister is a "senior to be" She informs me that she has had dinner with her professors before at his/her house. She said that she becomes close to them and really enjoys the intelligent conversations that she is capable of holding with them. The learning process becomes easier and more in deepth when the classes are small and her voice and thoughts can be heard by all. This way she can also recieve feedback form her peers and teachers. Not only is she heard but she can listen and be open to others views. in a world that is so judgmental i feel this teaches students to hear all sides and to inform themselves so they can make a educated decisions in life.

I am aware that the vollyball team at Witt is extremely good at what they do. They go far in tournaments and i know that they have been outstanding for some time. I remeber attending their camp in the summer that is open to highschool teams. It lasts for 3 days and i can see that they care and want to have an impact on the the skills of the camp members. This camp is annual and a lot of teams attend. They are able to raise money through the camp. I know that they also go to Spain for a tournament. They are always active in the sport. Training starts early and the girls that play are very committed.

rich snobs. parents hand them everything they want.

Blake

Our school is just right, you can meet a lot of new people on a personal level but its still big enough were you can have your freedom from everyone being in your business all the time.

The student body is great, every student here is unique in their own way. Wittenberg is a place that welcomes self expression.

Wittenberg has changed my life for the better. I love this place.

These stereotypes aren't accurate, Witt students are very hard working and have high standards to follow.

All of my professors that i have had knew my name when i took their class and most of them still do even though the class is over. Classes are one of the best things about Wittenberg, with a large faculty/student ratio the learning experience is great.

The social life here at witt is great, for one when i am in my room my door is always open as is with almost everyone else on the floor. Athletic events are very popular here because our teams are top in the nation and have been for decades. People party here when they want to, if that is what you like to do on the weekend it isn't hard to find a venue to do it at. But along with that their isn't any pressure for one to party.

Some stereotypes are that Wittenberg students just party all the time and don't ever do their academics.

Wittenberg University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.