Wittenberg University

« See more reviews of Wittenberg University

Wittenberg, although it may not appear diverse at first glance really is. We have people from all walks of life—from minority students, to international students and a handful of “Ohio Kids.” Diversity at Witt is definitely growing. To say that we’re all rich too is definitely false. I can tell you personally that I would not be here if it weren’t for my financial aid package. We have students from either end of the political spectrum here at Wittenberg. Although sometimes it does seem more left-winged, Wittenberg definitely has its people that lean in the opposite direction. During the elections this year, yes you did come across those people who were clearly supporting one candidate over the other, but at the end of the day it really didn’t matter. Everyone here is accepted, regardless of who you voted for. Yes. We are affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. No. We’re not all super religious. Your faith is your choice here at Wittenberg. We do have activities and outlets for students to practice their faith, however no extracurricular faith involvement is required. Whatever faith you practice, or don’t you can come to Wittenberg and feel as a part of the community, and there are probably people here just like you too. We have all sorts of faith here, from Lutherans, Catholics, to Non-denominational Christians, and Jewish. Really our affiliation with the church gives us our philosophies and values behind education. I think the “Witt Bubble” is a choice. Wittenberg really encourages students to break the boundaries of campus and get out and involved in the community. If students take this advice, and venture into the community they will realize it has a cool history, a great community arts program, tons of things to do, places to visit (or eat) and some really interesting people. Go out, get involved, burst the bubble! Is there partying at Wittenberg…yes, but it is not the only source of “fun” around here. If a student wants to party they can, however there is so much more to Wittenberg. If you don’t party, you don’t have to, and you’re always welcome to come out and just hang with your friends. Witt has a ton of activities and organizations for students to get involved in. There’s Post-it, a student talent show on Friday nights, concerts, a newly renovated (and sweet) game room in the student center. There are theater performances, athletic competitions, intramurals, concerts, movies, Frisbee golf, and so much more to do here!

The truth of the matter is Wittenberg has plenty of academic and social opportunities for students. Recently, Wittenberg was voted by the Princeton Review for having the best professors who care about their students and the in class experience. Each year Wittenberg graduates are accepted into top graduate/medical schools, professional jobs or enter into volunteer organizations. On the other side of things, Wittenberg has over 85 student organizations. From Union Board to Student Senate or Athletes for Christ to Astronomy Club, Witt has it all. Also known for their “Witt Wednesdays,” a comedian, musical artist or trivia night are offered as activities for students. With top tier sports teams, a student can always find something fun and exciting to attend.

Yes, actually even more than I expected. I remember in high school hearing about how easy it was to get involved on our campus, and thinking that it was something I probably wouldn't do, being an athlete. Now I am an officer for two different major campus organizations and have met so many people outside of my athletic realm, which is different from high school. Whats also great about the involvement is that people blend well. Different sports teams support each other, as well as greek organizations, and people from all different backgrounds and interests can become the best of friends here at witt.

Not really, yeah sure there are some people who fit the description, but isn't there some at every school. The overwhelming majority of Witt students are nice and kind. We have a tradition of always opening doors for others and saying "Hi" to everyone. We are a community, a family, not stuck up rich kids.

Not at all. My closest friends represent Catholicism, Judaism, and Christianity (Lutheran), in addition to other religions. The majority of Wittenberg students are on some type of financial aid, often employed the university and rarely present themselves as being "privileged."

Every campus is different, but Witt has a great deal of diversity. There are your jocks and the girls who think the world of themselves, but you will also see international students walking around campus. I feel that Witt's diversity creates a closeness on campus.

NOT AT ALL!!! Witt is full of people who have money, true, but everyone is SO NICE! People that are in classes with you suddenly become your best friends and can't pass you by without a nice "hello" or a ten minute conversation, it's such an awesome place

Sure, to an extent--while Wittenberg may not always be the fantasy land we might make it sound like, it's a place where I always feel welcome. It is refreshing to know that I can talk to just about anyone I see on my way to class in the morning.

No! While we do have a very strong athletic program, it does not define out student body by any means. Wittenberg has a great community and we love to support each other; whether its on the field, on stage, in the classroom, or whatever :)

No, I know at least 75% of the students at wittneberg and all of them are amazing. Of course, you will not like everyone you meet, but the majority of people will love you and want to hang out with you any chance they get