Wittenberg University

« See more reviews of Wittenberg University

-Not everyone is an athlete, we have a storied Athletic tradition here and around 600 of the 2,000 students here are athletes. Our Basketball and Football Teams are the "Most Winning" teams in all of Division III, so with 21 varsity sports there is always a great sporting event to go watch. Wittenberg is also ranked as being one of the top liberal arts schools in terms of extra curricular activities offered. Therefore, there is plenty to do other than play sports, and it certainly isnt true that everyone plays sports -Not everyone at Wittenberg is a rich white kid, altough current demographics may reflect such we have alot of minorities and international students at the school who are active and contributing members to the university. We have a number of school organizations that cater to the needs of all the diverse ethnicities here on campus. -Wittenberg has a phenomenal party scene for being a small school. With Juniors and Seniors living in houses owned by the university that snug right up to campus there is never a lack of a good house party to attend. There are also a few local bars that depending on your age may or may not let you in to enjoy the fun they have to offer. -Although Wittenberg is located in Ohio there are people from all across the nation, including lots of people from the east coast and Chicagoland areas.

Not entirely. One of Wittenberg's greatest strengths is its people. They are some of the most down-to-earth, unique, caring, and fun individuals I have ever met. Although overall Wittenberg students are not poor--I would say the average student is middle to upper-middle class--there are still a number of students who are supported entirely by mom and dad. With that being said you would never know it. most everyone here is hard-working and real.

Not at all. Wittenberg is such a diverse school with kids from every backround. You have a great community and students are really proud of everything we do here. Not to many kids think they are better than everyone else. You WILL walk across our beautiful campus and be greeted with several smiles. There is a lot of Spirit and Excitement.

A lot of kids are from Ohio, yes, and we do have a lot of student athletes, but SO many of the students wouldn't be able to be here if it weren't for some sort of aid. There's a good racial mix. Witt has a lot to do once you stop hitting the books, other than drinking, if you know where to look.

While we may be a campus that does tend more toward the prep and sporty sides because we love to be active and social, there are students from all walks of life here, and as long as you are looking, you will find a niche to fall into.

Absolutely false. Yes, Wittenberg’s ticket price is pretty expensive, but many do not pay near that amount. The financial aid office will work with you to help find every option possible to help you afford Wittenberg.

We are a small school but not as small as people say. We have a spread out campus over a beautiful piece of land. Also you can go to class and know one or two people and come out knowing everyone in the class.

Some. There are many wealthy students who go to Wittenberg, but many are not stuck up and extremely nice. Students come from all over the United States, not just the east coast.

In my opinion, the stereotype is accurate. Since Wittenberg is a smaller school, a lot of people know each other and are involved in a variety of extra curricular activities.

There are some students that do have money to toss around, but for the most part I think the stereotype is false. Also there are very few pretentious students here.