Wittenberg University

« See more reviews of Wittenberg University

Wittenberg is a great size. At just around 2050 students we are about the size of a large high school. I would know a Witt student off campus even if they weren't wearing Witt apparel. However with being the size of a high school rumors fly around campus just like in high school. You know something about someone almost immediately. More and more people know what and where Wittenberg is and when I tell them that I go there it is normally a good reaction. They're response usually is something about I hear that is a good school, and it has a good reputation. There is a ton of school pride. I think that people are proud to say that they go to Witt. Sporting events are well attended by the student population and with the rowdiness and enthusiasm of the crowd you can tell that the students love their school. If I had to pick one thing that I love the most about Witt are the traditions. Stories and traditions are passed down for class to class and are carried throughout generations. Streaking the hollow, not stepping on the seal, the kissing bridge, and the ghost in Myers Hall are only a few of the traditions that everyone knows about.

The best thing about Wittenberg is the people (faculty and staff included)! If you visit campus, you'll notice that people hold doors for each other. This act holds true to the respect we have for one another. I like the size of our student body too, its small enough to be recognized, but big enough to meet people everyday who can change your outlook on life. I spend most of my time in the physical education building trying to earn my team and NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. My role on the volleyball team has been my most unique experience, because of the level of competitive spirit and commitment my teammates and I share. I am not just a "jock" though, Wittenberg has allowed (and forced!) me to become so much more. It's also great that we get involved in community service! I will always remember my sophomore year when my volleyball team hosted a game against a major national rival, #1 in the country (WITT!) vs. #2. When my team ran out of the locker room for game time, we were greeted with 1400 fans, waving their red rally towels with vigor. Needless to say we "Tigered up" and won the match!

The best thing about Wittenberg is the people. One thing I'd change would be the financial aspect. I have to wonder where costs could be cut. I have also heard many stories of scholarships being promised and then not given. Plus, there is no scholarship increase related to the percentage of tuition increase. This makes it seem as though once you are here, these types of monetary concerns and situations aren't important to the university anymore. It makes it seem as though no one really cares. I spend most of my time on campus in the academic buildings, including the library. Luckily, though, there are plenty of places to study with friends so the library doesn't have to be your only "best friend." Springfield is not a college town in any sense. There are VERY limited activities outside of campus, which is good and bad. Although, the university has taken many efforts to ensure that more opportunities are available on campus.

Wittenberg is my second home. I say that with complete honesty. This is a small, historical liberal arts school with enough people to feel like college, but not too many to feel overwhelmed. The students support each other in sporting events, community service, and academics. There is an innate beauty when walking through our campus. Academic buildings are open 24 hours and day everyday with computer labs and printers available for student use. If you do not like to study inside, you can sit in the Student Center lawn or in Meyers Hollow. Administration and Professors are always willing to help you whether in their office hours, e-mail, and sometimes by phone. Student work studies are good jobs to have and are very flexible with class times.

Witt is great for many different reasons. Its a small school, but not too small that you are bored with the people here. The size is just right for creating a community atmosphere. Where you know almost everyone name. You have had at least one class where everyone. And you have friends with people outside of your major. There are a lot of cool things to do here, sure there are bars, but Witt is also located in the middle of Springfield, a mid sized city, so there is also a ton of shopping, and many different opportunities to become involved in the community through service. Additionally the Springfield community is welcoming of Witt and many internship and job opportunities are given just to us.

The atmosphere of Wittenberg is awesome. Everything about it is right for me. When I visited, I knew immediately that it was the school that I wanted to spend the next four years of my life at. There aren't many complaints among the students, most people enjoy everything. The food is above average for college food, and there are many options available every day. The town of Springfield is convienent, with everything you need within driving distance (a few miles). The school is small, but not small enough to weigh a person down. Everyone seems to wave to each other, and friendliness is definitely something that Wittenberg is known for.

Wittenberg is a liberal arts school with around 2,000 students located in Springfield, Ohio. My favorite part about Witt is the family atmosphere. Inside of the classroom, professors are always willing to go the extra mile for their students whether it is tutoring beyond office hours or being a friend to a stressed out student. Outside the classroom, Witt is a gorgeous campus filled with friendly students. Since you see at least ten people you know on your way to class, students are always smiling and saying hello to one another.

Wittenberg holds a lot of faith on traditions: no stepping on the seal, sledding down the hollow on first snow, W-day, Wittenberg vs. Wooster rivalry, the kissing bridge, etc., but I feel like there's a lot of merit to the creation and fostering of your own traditions. Whether that means a tackle football game on the football field during the first blizzard, a semi-annual rootbeer float party, jamming all your friends onto one table at the dining room for a birthday, or buying a pizza after every intramural victory.

The best part about Witt is the friendly environment that we have here. I love the fact that I can go anywhere on campus and smile or say hello to someone I don't know and they will smile or say hello right back to me. I also love all of the history and traditions that we have at Wittenberg. They have enriched my experience here beyond measure!

Going greek was one of the best things that have happened to me, I have not experienced that kind of excitement before! Meeting a group of people who want to be come together for a great good makes you so motivated to keep strong when things are not going you way. It has deff. been one of the most amazing experiences that I have gone through