Wittenberg University

« See more reviews of Wittenberg University

I went to a very small high school, so I was looking for a small college where I could get one-on-one attention. Here, the professors know you by name, and they generally care about how you are doing in class. I wouldn't want to go to a larger university where I am just a number and professors could care less how I am doing in their class.

Wittenberg is a place where you'll make your own opportunities. If you want to spend four years sitting in your room, you can certainly do that if you'd like. However, you can also take another path--one where you discover and explore your passions and expose yourself to new experiences. I think I'll recommend the latter path.

I knew Wittenberg was the right college for me the first time I visited campus. It has offered me the perfect balance of challenging courses and engaging extracurricular activities. It may sound corny, but I know it will guide me in the next step towards becoming the individual I am supposed to become.

We have a really tight knit community that is obvious first thing any one enters the campus. At Witt students and faculty share the halls and the paths leading between buildings, even the cafeteria, and it's always in a pleasant way, as everyone smiles and waves and generally accepts everyone else

Wittenberg is my second home. I love it here. It has a great academic and social atmosphere and the people are wonderful. Witt has so many wonderful opportunities available for students and if they take the initiative to get involved they will really enjoy there time here.

Wittenberg is small liberal arts school that has allowed me to achieve a lot of success. There is little college town scene in the city on the weekends, but there's a lot to do on campus. The best thing about Wittenberg is the faculty.

Our school is just right, you can meet a lot of new people on a personal level but its still big enough were you can have your freedom from everyone being in your business all the time.

When you first come to visit Wittenberg's campus, everyone is always talking about the Wittenberg "family." After just one week of being here, I knew just what they meant!

Best thing about Witt: the PEOPLE! One thing I would change: Tuition price Small school Lots of school pride Sense of community

Smack dab in the middle of campus, there is the first building of the univeristy, Meyers Hall. It is this massive red brick building with hugh white columns in front, and a bell in the copola. That bell only rings twice a year: during freshman orientation and during senior graduation. And it is the coolest sound you will ever hear. Not because the bell is special and plays the theme song from the Brady Bunch, and not because it is the loudest bell on the planet, and not because it is made out of pure gold (which it isn't!) That bell is so important because it means that you've become a part of something greater than yourself! It hearalds you into the Wittenberg family and with arms wide open, that bell opens every door on campus to every student providing them with every resources and opportunity available. Then at the end of your four years, it serenades you as you walk to recieve your diploma and head off to your future. It doesn't say goodbye, but simply "see ya later" because let's just face it--once you are a part of Witt, then you are a part of it, as much as it is a part of you, forever.