Wittenberg University

« See more reviews of Wittenberg University

Wittenberg is a 2000 person campus located in urban Springfield, Ohio. I would say Wittenberg is in the most ideal location compared to other liberal arts schools because of its location in a revitalizing urban location. Springfield--an industrial town--is in the process of transitioning into a technology center while updating its industrial roots. With Wittenberg at the center of this transition given its long tradition and history here, we as students are provided with tons of internships and jobs as well as life experiences without having to travel far. Wittenberg has been given the stereotype of being in its own 'bubble' but that bubble is bursting. ten years ago, even 5 years ago there was a need to have that bubble, but now the city has caught up with the times and the university and are ready to work together.

THe best thing about Wittenberg is the closeness you'll have with your faculty, friends, and other students. The school is only about 2000 kids. However, you will be challenged academically the same if not more than any other prestigious university or college. You WILL know your professors by name and they will know you as well. We do have a small campus but most of the kids enjoy staying on campus. Between classes kids like to study at the library, go to our coffee shop Post 95, or take a nap in our Hollow!!! The administration is always here to help. The professors want you to succeed and you are NOT a number. The administration such as Financial Aide and Student Accounts understands student dilemmas and will always help you if you have a problem. Overall, very understanding!!!!

Wittenberg is a small liberal arts school in Springfield, Ohio. Wittenberg is like a community and the perfect size for getting to know the student body, professors, and faculty and staff. Wittenberg is a college town and there is a lot of school pride. The majority of students would say that coming to Wittenberg was the best decision that they made for their college choice. My favorite part about Wittenberg was getting to know all of your professors and seeing how open they were to helping you get through your toughest obstacles. The people here are wonderful. I have met my closest and dearest friends at Wittenberg through campus organizations, classes, and in my sorority, Delta Gamma. I now call Wittenberg my home.

The best thing about Wittenberg is the people! This includes the friendliness among students, the approachable professors, and all other faculty members. I think that the size of Witt is just right. I recognize people everywhere I go and feel very welcomed at "at home" here. Since I am not from Ohio, most people from home are not familiar with Wittenberg since it is a smaller school and the city of Springfield is not very prominent. I love that it is so easy to get involved here. My friends and I joined a kickball intramural team and won the championship our freshman year- we won the coveted "championship teeshirt" and wore it proudly in the weeks to follow!

I love the size of Wittenberg. With just around 2,000 students, Wittenberg University supports and provides interpersonal relationships that allow you to feel more connected to the university and fellow students. It's a great feeling walking from one area of campus to another, seeing friends and classmates. Initially, I thought I wanted to go to a big state school, however, I'm thankful I didn't because otherwise I would probably feel like a number. The close relationships I've developed with classmates and professors hold me accountable for my actions. It's like the size of Wittenberg is an additional support system.

Wittenberg is a small school (about 2,000) students, but it's a perfect size. We have a lot of school pride and spirit and love supporting our students (in athletics, plays, musicals, etc.). Most people don't really know much about Wittenberg, they might not know where Springfield is (between Dayton and Columbus), and they might thing that Wittenberg is really expensive (but we have great scholarships, I had half of my tuition paid because of the community service that I had done in high school). But, Witt is a great school!

In general, people find Wittenberg a friendly place. Walking from class to class or into the fitness center, I rarely go without seeing someone I don’t know and striking up a conversation as we’re walking. It’s not unusual to see professors using the workout center, swimming laps, or running around campus. The institution offers a wide variety of majors, ranging from the classical liberal arts offerings to more pre-professional programs, such as the Education or Management majors.

Wittenberg is a smaller university, with a student:teacher ratio of 12:1 which is awesome, because class sizes stay smaller and work with profs is more personal. Everyone acts like a family, in that they really care for you on campus, students and faculty alike. School pride is amazing, like Code Red games when everyone becomes a sea of red in the stands, or just a normal football game can get packed. This is a great school for someone who wants to build friendships for life.

Wittenberg is the perfect school. It's fairly small but this way you get to know everyone. I still walk to class and everyday see someone who I don't know, but it's truly like having a second family at Witt. The one thing I would change, however, is because it's so small we really don't have many food options on campus. For example, we have three "meal options" like the cafeteria, etc. but I would love to have a Starbucks or something of that sort on campus.

Wittenberg is a great place to spend four years of college, you'll meet your best friends here, grow as a individual and as a professional. Wittenberg is a place where students work hard and play hard, there is never a task to large that cannot be helped with a station or mcmurray's break with your friends. Seriously though, trust me when I say Wittenberg is a great school, there's lots of fun to be had, and I wish I could spend four more years here.