Burbank, CA
Woodbury University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Woodbury University

David

I have visited other schools of architecture and so far the studio culture that I have experienced in Woodbury University has not come close to the others. The space felt suffocated, each student to their own. Although there is interaction within these other school's studios, competition was a driving factor that did create a division between students.

If I could revisit myself in high school to offer advise, I would advise him to not change any decision he had made. He will have a journey that tests endurance and ambition. Attending a college in the mid-west and taking initiative to transfer back to California. I will say that as life gets complicated, he should pursue a life of simplicity. To pursue needs instead of wants. Architecture is not cheap. Architecture will be grusome; sleepless nights, loads of work, and endless possibilities to design. There will be hardships but it will get balanced because he will encounter others who share the same devotion to further push themselves. As final advise to myself I would say, " Life is full of surprises and challenges, it should not be easy because then where is the excitement of overcoming the difficulties of life? My advise should not guide you one way because there is never one way. You will encounter this dilemma in design and you should approach life in college the same way. Life is about experimenting and expanding indefinitely. One thing is for sure, do not lose your ambitious work ethic."

Being an architecture student, the atmosphere and culture that has been created is immensely rewarding. The interaction between everyone is not competive. We tend to inspire greater ideas and further push each others creations instead of hinder them. It is understood as studio culture because we work in these studios but the culture is not defined by rules but by how the stuents develop relations with each toher. I must say that the best thing about Woodbury University is these supportive studios in architecture that do not limit themselves to themselves but seek drive throughout every level of the program.

Maria

If I could go back in time to talk to my past self, I'd tell myself to take those career tests then follow through with research on what majors would work for me. I graduated high school with a mind full of mixed thoughts and goals. At first, I had my eyes set straight towards engineering then art then architecture. I kept switching around till I wasted valuable years in college. It's important for my past self to know that the best thing to do before graduating high school is to determine what career I want and to stick towards it. That the career chosen is something I want personally, and not something chosen due to peer pressure or what my parents want. I need to pick a career that I know I would enjoy in the long run. Also, I would highly recommend my high school self to be more activite in communities since it would have made me more vocal and less shy to what I am right now.

I attend the smaller campus of Woodbury located in San Diego. Due to this the campus is small, thus the student population is lower than the main campus located in Burbank. The best part about a small college community is that you get to know almost everyone. Thus creating connections with one another and having a higher chance of finding someone capable of helping you out if you're stuck on a problem.

Due to the fact it's a small school campus located around downtown San Diego, there is no parking space. The school is allowed to use a parking lot which is owned by the Barrio Station, but only for a certain time range. The parking lot is tiny as well, which means not every student will be able to park there. So street parking is the next option, but students have to compete with military individuals for street parking too.

Heather

I would tell my 18 year old self that all though I believed I had my life, my career, my future all figured out I in fact had nothing figured out. I would tell myself that my career as a Workers' Compensation Insurance Examiner would last 12 years, and in that 12 years I would have three daughters, my first daughter at age 27 and identical twins at age 30. Though my career in the insurance industry was lucrative the stress of working 70 hour weeks would prove to be too stressful while trying to raise children and ultimately I would leave my career to become a stay at home mother. The transition from career woman to stay at home mother was not the easiest adjustment but it was worth it, that is until my children's father left us and I found myself at age 35 with no job and no degree. For a year I worked any job I could find, all of them being temporary. Realizing the only chance I have to make a good living is if I obtained a degree and at age 36 I started going back to school.

Saba

Make the practice of doing Homeworks on time, sticking to the schedule according to the teachers. Stay very organized. In college, they like to stick to the syllabus. Practice breaking huge reading assignments in to halves and quarter sizes. You'll have research papers break them into outlines, bibliographies. Stay Organized. College is not that big of a deal if we learn to stick to the syllabus and do what the instructor asks us. If we follow their guidelines, answer their questions and ask ours through good communication (EMAIL ACCOUNT is IMPORTANT!) and a good laptop and network connection. Then all is fine. The real challenge is lot of work in a certain amount of time with less classes than highschool. I wish people did not scare me about colleges. But yes, you have to be consistent and proactive and take responsibilty for your work. Last keyword would be research behind every idea you have. Because that will support your presentations in class.

open mind ready share opinions some one who does not party a lot who likes a quiet campus with not a lot of people who does not like sports A person who wants to be a designer

small class interactive academic setting research focused campus just the right size classes are fun

Alyson

Woodbury is known for its small class sizes and personalized learning environment. The small class sizes provide a specialized setting where students aren't afraid to grow and be creative in the classroom. The university is also known for its uniquely designed programs like Architecture and Interdisciplinary Studies.

Aly, I know you are extremely ready to graduate, leave home and go off to school five hundred mile away from your family, but slow down a little. Be less anxious and cherish the moments you have left of high school and with your family. I know you want to grow up and start again in a new place with new friends. Be a little more thoughtful and take care in choosing your major and think about the things you enjoy doing. Remember, just because you’re recreating who you are, don’t lose yourself in the process. You are only seventeen and in my opinion now, over three years later, you are not ready to leave home. You will grow and make a lot of mistakes and learn who you don’t want to be. You might even become that person for a while. Remember that you are smart and have the ability to make decisions for yourself. It sounds cliché, but try as hard as possible not to give in to peer pressure. Mom was right, it’s mostly bad. Most importantly, stay true to yourself and keep doing what you love.

The type of person who shouldn't attend this school is someone who doesn't want specialized attention in the classroom. Also, someone who doesn't seek a mentor or want someone to know when they don't attend class reguraly. Woodbury offers a small setting where you are a person and not just a number or test score, that's why I chose to go there.

Denise

I would advise myself to not live on campus because there were to many distractions. As well as telling myslef to be aware of what I do. Participate in campus activities earlier. Get more informatioin about the financial aid that was given to me. Explore the surrounding areas of the school.

The classroom sizes are great and you are able to establish a relationship with the professors.

Anitra

Discover what you are passionate about and let that guide your decision regarding choosing a major, school to attend and where. To accomplish this do some soul searching- think about the thing(s) that make you happiest things you would do for free because you enjoy doing it. Next look for schools that have a degree program in line with your passion (the best schools are not always the most prestiges) and has a reputation for growing students in that program. Once you have narrowed down schools further conisder those located in an area best suited for your field of interest. Meaning locations where your industry is thriving and can provide a plethora of internships and job opportunities. In short, chase your passion not the money and you'll be fine.

Prior to coming to Woodbury, I wish I knew about the importance of being active on campus. Beng involved in extracurricular activities is a huge part of the college experience. Not only will you discover what your school has to offer but also learn more about yourself (leaderhip style, interests, ect.) It is also a great way to get out of your shell. The relationships you build in college can last a lifetime!

I brag about two things when I talk about Woodbury University: the teachers and class size. The teachers are great and take a wholistic approach to teaching. They understand that eveyones learns differently and take the time to appeal to all learning styles while making the class informative. At Woodbury you are treated like a person not a number which brings me to my secong point- class size. Class sizes are small allowing for individual attention and forces collaboration and a team environment. You get to know your classmates and teacher which is transformational.

nancy

This is school is best know for its architecture and fashion department.

This is school is best know for its architecture and fashion department.

In high school you are about to enter the hardest part of the beginning of your life. To make this process easier is to do your best in high school. Doing your class work, homework, and participating in your community would be your only worries at the moment. These tasks will make a detrimental impact on your future. Completing your school work, enables others to believe that you have qualities that are worth investing in, therefore, colleges do so. In what way? Money. Money will become a huge factor to your independence. In order for you to be free of debt, parents, and worries you will need money. Money will have to come from a source such as a job. This will create a split in your concentration between work and school, and there in lies a problem. These problems grow larger but to avoid all, is to do your school work. Then and only then will you successfully complete your college education in a timely manner and avoid being in school for as long as I have, eleven years after high school graduation.

A person who should not attend this schoolwould have a negative attitude about school, lathargic, or a procrastinator.

jesus

The effect to be independent now , is one of the most valuable experiences in my life . It been helping me to understand and believe than everything is posible as long as you fight for it and never let your goals become an imposible dream. I believe this part of my life ''my independence'' has been helping me and convert me in a stronger person with the posibility of superate any obstacles in my life . College is the reason of why i understand and valorate how important is the education in life. Another experience for me was de effect of been study in a different country and using a different lenguaje. Because i believe it be always one of the most hardest but not imposible obstacules in my life . Cuse is been an it will be one of the most important experience since i atending college.

Jaclynn

There is a wide range of ages- from 17 to mid 40s. Most classmates are nice and there to get their degrees and are really dedicated to their work/ hardworking people.

I have learned what it is like to work hard and what it is like to work toward a goal. Going to Woodbury is valuable to me because the program I am in has taught me how to be dedicated to my schoolwork and try my hardest in every aspect of it, because it all counts and is important in the long run.

If you are not dedicated in your schoolwork or if you get impatient because you will spend a lot of time in studio and doing homework. You should have a lot of free time and work only part time or not at all.

Woodbury University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.