Burbank, CA
Woodbury University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Woodbury University

Marcela

Woodbury University overall is extremely dedicated to its students and their learning experience as well as their comfort.

Naturally, parents tend to influence what college/university their student attends. Therefore, I would advise a parent to be open-minded and to pay attention to what their son or daughter wants and more importantly, what he or she needs to excel academically and socially. Supposedly high school years are the best years of your life, for me that was not true because so far, my college years have been the best years of my entire life. As for the student, I would tell him/her about my personal experience. Freshman year I was a social outcast, I didn't have friends, and I hated school. Sophomore year came and I decided to get involved, I became a student leader and became Vice President of a club while simultaneously being involved in other organizations. I significantly succeeded academically and made sure that before anything else, my education came first. College is the time in your life when you learn to be independent and mold yourself into who you want to be and not into what anyone else expects you to be. It is the time in your life when you discover yourself and grow beyond that to become someone great.

I tend to brag about the small classroom sizes and the individual attention my peers and I receive. I love to mention that it doesn't take me anymore than six minutes to get to class even when it is across campus. Woodbury is a very small and united community which makes my college experience a lot more comfortable because it feels like im with family in and outside of the classroom.

I would tell parents to allow their student to pick their future. Do not dictate where the student will go; work with them to find their calling. I do not know where I would be without the support of my parents. Knowing this allowed me to express myself without limitation and encouraged me to pave my own path. I would also tell parents to be supportive of the major their child chooses. It makes life so much easier knowing that you have people to fall back when you need support, instead of people who will say "I told you so". For students who are looking for the right college I would tell them to look into the program and make sure the school has what they are looking for to help better their career. Check the facilities, talk to the faculty and take a tour of the campus. Get involved in a summer program at the school to get a better feel of the student body, if such a program is offered. When you walk onto the right campus you will know, it will just feel right. You will feel like you belong.

I would like to have seen the resume of the professors who teach the different classes so I could have an understanding of their approach to the topic in the course.

Angela

Fashion Design, Digital Design, Architechture

Fashion Design, Digital Design, Architechture

Make sure to go and visit each college that you are interested in. Figure out what there is to do in your free time, if it is possible to get around without transportation. Make sure to save up enough money since bills and expenses are always around when you are living on your own. Lastly, make sure that the place that you chose makes you happy.

A person that is looking for a one-on-one type of experience with their teachers.

Peter

They are very diversed from Asians to Caucasians, right-out-of-high-school to older, quiet to active, conservative to liberal, typical to creative, and many more.

Woodbury University is not a very large school where students could enjoy active social life nor lively campus. However, it is a small school with small classes where it focuses on the relationship between the students and the teacher toward the academic progessions. The school of Architecture is well known amongst the professional field which easily allows the students to get involved in the field after graduation. Also, almost everyone of the instructors in school of Architecture are practicing in the professional fields of architecture. Thus, the students are directly learning and experiencing what they will be expected to do in the real field.

I wish I had known the actual size of the school, which is quite small, thus lacking in number of facilities.

Woodbury University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.