Woodbury University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Woodbury University

Woodbury University is actually a great school. I love that the class sizes don't exceed 20 students which makes the classroom environment a better place to learn and be able to communicate personally with the professor during class. The Professors have their usual office hours but will meet with students during any available time. Since I only just finished my first year- I haven't had the experience to get to know many Professors, but I have had both bad and good ones. Overall, I would say Woodbury is a great school and there are many things that can improve or change also my only concern is that it is too expensive, but what can you expect from a private school.

Jasmine

I love going to school here! The people are friendly, the class size is perfect for one on one interaction with professors, and the atmosphere is amazing with so many talented people.

Sorprisela

Woodbury University is a small, but beautiful campus. The students and faculty are nice enough to take their time to help others and care about their wellbeing. They also offer a variety of opportunities and activities for everyone not just students.

Jesse

Woodbury is a great school! Professor are always there to help. Everyone around you is very supportive. Woodys Cafeteria is amazing. It does get full and might take to long to get right before class. Greek life exist and it's amazing. You meet great people! There is a lot of international students. Woodbury is a great school.

Julissa

Woodbury University is a small and extremely accessible school that offers many services to help the student feel like they can make a difference in the world. The school offers an array of majors and allows the student to discover who they are. The school can be expensive but the school also offers a scholarship to the student depending on the G.P.A the student has. The school forces the student to take an internship opportunity to enhance their chance in getting a job in the workforce. The school should offer more intensive classes to enforce all the skills required for the student to be successful at any place they decide to work at. Other than that I have had a great experience at the school so far.

Briana

Loved every second there! Everyone is so nice and simply there to help everyone out, I especially love the small classes for a one on one feel with the teacher which is what I prefer. Miss being at Woodbury so much, I made long lasting friendships and it literally felt like home.

Dylan

Its a joke don't come here. They over charge for tuition and NONE of the money goes back to the students or for bettering the school

Niya

The reason why I go to Woodbury University is because of location, tuition, and their program. The location of the school is in Burbank, where animation or tv studios are nearby. There is also a shopping center so that we can get art supplies or hygiene products. The tuition is reasonable considering that other art schools such as Calarts, Art Center, UCLA, or NYFA have extremely high tuition. Finally, the pros are that Woodbury offers a strong animation program. Two-thirds of the students that attend the university desires to be animators. The two cons are that needed to be mention is the living expenses and the holes in the animation program. Since Woodbury University is located in California, the living expenses are high and doesn't offer a lot of space for the students on the campus. Even though I mention earlier that the animation program is strong, there are many improvements that the staff is working on. A couple of examples is including more 3D animation programs and updating the technology used for animation. Otherwise, Woodbury University is a great school with a warm community of artists striving to make their name in the industry.

caroline

I believe Woodbury has amazing opportunities and is willing to change potential into success. Woodbury is willing to sit down and explain everything you could ever imagine in detail. There are tons of opportunities on campus and off. They are willing to jump right in and start success right from the beginning.

I think Woodbury is a decent university. Class sizes are small and professors are readily available which makes the learning process easy. I dislike the fact that the university is overly expensive and that we do not always receive what we pay for and that besides all the money we spend - often we must spend our own money on our courses. We also pay a semesterly $200 fee for campus life, but we do not have a campus life and wish there was more to do and more student involvement, for example, parties and musical shows and such.