Wor-Wic Community College Top Questions

If I was able to go back in time I would give myself advice about college life. First, I would tell myself to be prepared. Make sure that you buy the books you need for all of your classes ahead of time before the bookstore runs out. I would also tell myself to not be nervous, life is a learning process and all you have to do is ask for help if you need it. Next, I would tell myself to take every class serious and retain as much information as possible because it will be very useful for your future. Lastly, I would tell myself to take as many notes as possible and hold on to them for future classes because in the end everything comes together and one thing deals with another. I say I would love to be able to go back in time to prepare myself for college life but then again I don’t think I would give myself any advice except to tell myself not to worry. Life is a learning process and that comes with mistakes.

Shannon

Pick a major and stick with it, since I have changed my major multiple times I am starting over and this is causing me further delays in acquiring my degree. Also, it is ok to attend a community college first, I didn't do this and went straight to University where it cost a great deal more and because of this I have used a lot of the percentage of my grant allotment and therefore at this age I am finding it harder to get all the funds necessary to complete my degree.

Chenika

You can do anything that you set your mind to. Take your time with your work. If you don't understand anything, talk to your instructors; they are there to help.

Ashly

If i could go back in time i would give myself a lot of advice. I would tell myself to go out there and apply for all the scholarships you can so you can get help with paying for school, because school is definitley not cheap. Also i would say that i need to be prepared to work hard and not think that college life is a big joke, but to take it seriously and just keep your eye on the prize. I would say that i shouldn't let anyone get in my way, such as classmates or anyone trying to put me down, but keep my head high and try my hardest so i could prove everyone wrong in the end that i really could do this on my own.

Angela

Angie- Keep focused. You ARE as good as others say you are & you can do anything. Quit being ashamed or embarrassed. Quit worring about what was the "perfect" trasition. There is no "perfect" in life, and you don't need anyone to hold your hand. The friends and opprotunities are here, right in front of you and these people that are teaching you are here for support, NOT to try to fail you. Ten years from now you will be where you want to be instead of just starting & trust me, girl, it will be soooo much harder if you don't take these opprotunities and run.