Worcester Polytechnic Institute Top Questions

Shaun

There isn't anything terrible about my school, though I suppose the worst thing the doubled workload throughout the day (as opposed to other colleges), making it more difficult to perform other activies during the day, such as homework or relaxing.

There is not one specific aspect about my school that I could consider the worst. It is a very high standard school, so as expected it is quite difficult. With all of the different resources for help and support, if someone is struggling with school work there is always somebody willing to help. I suppose the difficulty would be the worst part, but that's what is required to obtain a thorough education.

The classes are very demanding and time consuming and if you do not keep up with your work you will struggle.

The worst thing about this school is its isolation from world and national events. Academics are time consuming leaving little time to read a newspaper or watch any kind of news. This is bad because when we leave school we will not be prepared for the real world.

The quarter system is not easily transferable to other schools or for application to medical/veterinary school. I'm repeating classes I took there because of this.

Tuition is pretty high, and the name recognition outside the Northeast is poor.

The worst thing about this school is that the terms are so short its easy to get lost at the beginning.

Jon

You need to be focused to succeed. If you get behind, the 7 week terms will destroy you.

Dan

The low percentage of females and the even lower percentage of attractive female. Does it really need any more explination?

It really is too expensive. I have no idea if I am even going to be able to afford the second half of this year. The large bill and financial strain this school places on it's les fortunate students makes a clear sturggle between funding college and doing coursework for college.

Janese

The only bad thing is that some people are too smart that they are socially inept!

See above.