Worcester Polytechnic Institute Top Questions

The most frustrating thing about my school is the WiFi. You would think for a technology-based school with so many students adept at computer science and programming, the WiFi would be better. It is slow and spotty in most places on campus, but ethernet works great and they give you free ethernet cables on the first day of Freshman Orientation. However, this does not change the fact that WPI WiFi sucks.

Jeffrey

The most frustrating thing about my school would have to be the housing process. There is not enough on-campus housing for everyone. This is somewhat acknowledged, but the housing department does not like to talk about it. You can still get housing for all four years, but it is likely that at least one year you'll be off-campus. There are houses all around campus, so there are plenty of otherhousing options, but it is still a hassle to go through.

Jenna

What is most frustrating about WPI is that a student is almost constantly working . WPI is based one 4 7-week terms and so while a normal semester would be having midterms, a student at WPI would be having finals and had his/her midterms 3 weeks before. It is a very fast pace school and myself being a student majoring in Chemical Engineering with a minor in Materials, the only time I get to relax and have time to myself is when I am sleeping., because during the day is schoolwork as well as activities I am part of.

Tiffany

What's frustrating isn't the material, it's the amount of the workload that we recieve and the nonstop assignment after exam after project that we recieve from week to week in such a short amount of time.

David

The lack of girls/girls interested in guys other than frat guys.

Alvaro

kids who play with foam swords

John

The most frustrating thing is without a doubt the arduous workload. This is balanced, however, by the excellent quality of the education and job placement opportunities which many schools simply do not possess.

Adam

The lack of women on this campus makes it very difficult to get involved in the dating scene. Dances and parties tend to have one female who looks very uncomfortable and out of place. This school should try to be a little more inviting to women.