Word of Life Bible Institute Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Word of Life Bible Institute

Julia

I loved the community, my roommates, my advisors, my co-workers, my classes, the ministry. The only thing I ever really lacked on was sleep. I got some, but it was a hot commodity. Thankfully I was able to stay awake in class so I learned SO much and was blessed to receive the knowledge I did. Traveling through the old and new testament, specifically studying Ecclesiastes and Proverbs, Hebrews, and Ezra. My heart was filled, daily. With love from people, from God, from classes, from the community. God does amazing things there. God is surely present.

Jacob

If you are looking for a place to study the Word of God, this is the perfect place. While it is not as modern and nice as other schools, the people and overall atmosphere make up for it.

Annna

Being at Word of Life for the past couple of months has played a big role in my faith as a Christian and my desire for missions. Studying God's Word every day in the classroom, being involved in different ministry opportunities, working service assignments, and 'doing life' with all of the other staff and students is such a special, unique opportunity that I highly encourage everyone who is able to take advantage of.

Caleb

The Word of Life Bible Institute is a fantastic place to learn and grow. The staff's primary focus is to help you grow closer to God through a learning environment and discipleship. You learn more about the Bible in class, how to apply it through ministry assignments, and think about it through numerous discipleship opportunities. While it is not a traditional 4-year college (most students only stay for one year out of the possible two), it is a great starting point, preparing you as you head out into a secular and anti-God world. Even better, your credits here will transfer to most other colleges so you will be able to go in as a sophomore. I would highly recommend taking a year (or two!) to go to the Word of Life Bible Institute.

The Truth Hurts

If you feel like paying $17,000 to be slaved away whenever they need workers then this is the place for you! The students literally run everything on campus... we make the food we wash the dishes we do the maintenance we mow the lawns, we do everything. Communication is completely garbage you won’t know what’s going on or what school work is due 95% of the time. They have 2 on campus professors which one is a pedidofile who likes to press a knuckle into your side and run it up your ribs or lean or bump into you If you are a girl. We have the same repeating meals every week or so. This college literally transfers to nowhere so if you get kicked out halfway through or drop out you just wasted 6000$ or so, after the normal school year is over you have to be a counselor for their summer camp. No excuses, if you get kicked out or drop out during the summer you don’t get your deploma. You get put on “ministry” teams where word of life forces you to go out and do whatever your ministry team does. There is no personal contact between boys and girls allowed at all people have a complete fit over touching. You are not allowed to get tattoos during the school year or you’ll be kicked out. You are not allowed to have alcohol on campus or you’ll get kicked out (even if you’re of age) we had like a 68 year old man here this year and he got kicked out for having alcohol. 2 years ago we weren’t allowed to have playing cards, last year you weren’t allowed to have facial hair. You can’t smoke or you’ll get kicked out. You can’t propose during the school year. You have to have a third party at all times. This place is a complete jail. And you’re paying 17,000$ to be stuck at this place. I’ve always said that communism will only work if everyone is selfless, and Word of Life has discovered how to do that. Word of Life is run by Theological Communists, communism as in every student is a slave here at WOLBI no questions asked and Theological because they follow the Bible and the Bible says to be selfless. They have made a Theological Communistic Cult that makes amazing money every year from students and campers they get $2,700,000 from one year of students, they get $1,120,000 from one summer of campers.. but here is the catch they pay all 20 of there “full time” staff members minimum wage and how can they run this place off of 20 staff members you ask? The students do all the rest. But we are paying them so we can come work for them... Word of life is making bank from this, not to mention how they rip off the old people that live on campus charging them 150$ Per person for a Valentine’s Day dinner that’s not s typo they are actually charging the old people here 150$ for Spaghetti... there are lots of old people that live in word of life’s RV park and the reason they are here is because they are good for the money lots of them have no family left and the only people they talk to is Word of Life? Who’s going to get their money when they die.. these are just facts I’m not hating Im just telling the truth because it needs to be heard. Do not come to this college.

John

My overall opinion of the Word of Life Bible Institute is pretty great to be honest. I am still a student but I have thoroughly enjoyed my time there so far. The extracurricular opportunities are great and the program they have there for you is all you need to become more successful in life and they truly make leaders here at this school.

There are no actual majors at Word of Life, but all the credits are transferable to other schools. So it is like taking a gap year - learning incredible things about God and the Bible, while also living in the heart of the Adirondacks! The staff is amazing, the teachers and professors are top notch, and the campus has an overall "home-y" feel to it!

Kiri

Word of Life is a amazing place to go if you are interested in Going into church ministry or any Evangelical christian ministry. Its great place to go even if you a just wanting to getting a good foundation of the Bible and getting a grip of Christian disciplines.

Alexandria

I believe that Word of Life Bible Institute is a great school. They prioritize God and fellowship and create a safe campus for everyone in it. The staff is very kind and willing to help you with anything that you need and is always available to help with any problems. The campus is beautiful is is kept up with very well. The school also does a lot of community service and mission trips.

Nathan

Word of Life creates an atmosphere of not just learning, but personal growth. Great lengths are taken to help each and every student grow in their faith in God, and grow into the person that God wants them to be. The staff are down to earth, and always available for asking any questions. This shows in their students, who exhibit these same characteristics. Overall, Word of Life is a school like no other that develops people like no other.

Sierra

Literally life changing. I don't regret attending for a second. The best school you will ever find for Biblical studies--especially if you are thinking of going into ministry. When I first arrived I was extremely nervous but the kind, loving people there made me feel right at home, loved and cared for. The professors and staff genuinely care about EACH students success and that is the best part.

Michaela

It seems like a great school, however I wish the dorms had bathrooms in each room. Other than that, it seems like a great school. I like how we are able to focus on their studies, and our campus job gives us a little taste of what it is like in that field of work. It is easy to make good lasting friendships.