Wright State University-Main Campus Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Wright State University-Main Campus

Tiffany

I am fairly happy with my decision to attend Wright State University. The education program is exceptional, as pre-service teachers are given opportunities to work in the field beginning their freshman year. I often feel comfortable and safe while on campus. However, I disapprove of Wright State's money management.

Aaron

It is a nice school, with plenty of engineering internship opportunities nearby. Because Wright Patterson Air Force Base is so close, some professors and teachers work their or with defense contractors. My experience in engineering classes have been good, and the same goes for others. There is budgetary issues occurring, but I believe that the engineering program is generally safe from large cuts.

Keri

Wright State University is a great place that is clean and friendly. The campus has great employees and professors that work for them that are able to provide us students with a great education and are always available and willing to talk. It is an university that I feel safe going to and proud to be a part of.

Mikaela

My overall opinion of Wright State University is that the school is very diverse and embraces diversity amongst all groups and minorities. In addition to that, Wright State is extremely accepting of people in LGBTQ+ and people of different minorities, cultures, ethnicities, and belief systems. Wright State has also been deemed one of the top colleges in Ohio for people with disabilities. I personally love Wright State because of its diversity and acceptance. Everyone can be what they want and share what they want. Ultimately the goal is to create a safe space for the students to express themselves, and I fully believe that the school is achieving that.

Wright State-Main Campus is a very diverse college with plenty of opportunities for every type of student to thrive. Their disabilities services is known across the country to be very helpful and effective. For me, I truly admire the performing arts programs available. There are a plethora of opportunities for students to take on internships and to learn various skills in the entertainment industry.

Estella

WSU spirit seems to flow through my blood. Both my parents graduated from WSU, as well as two of my cousins and several close friends. Wright State offers a wide variety of ways to feel comfortable and accepted while going on your journey to get your degree. Personally, I am very grateful for the wonderful opportunities Wright State has to offer; whether it be academic, extra-curricular, or something else entirely. Wright State has encouraged me to be my own person and express my thoughts, feelings, and not be afraid to get involved.

Teresa

If you like a small campus and everything within walking distance this is the place for you! The faculty and staff at Wright State make sure that you are receiving the best education! My favorite place is the Dunbar library! The third floor is the quiet floor and everyone quietly studies. This university also has a great learning environment!

I am enjoying Wright State University more than I thought I would. All I do is focus on my studies and try to get the best grade I can. I try to learn as much as I can when I can. I put together study groups for my classmates and I . The commute for me is easy on my bicycle. The students are respectful to everyone and are willing to help with anything or anyone. It is an overall good school and the businesses come from all around to pick us students from Wright State because we focus on our studies, instead of out partying all the time.

Ayauna

My overall opinion on Wright State is that it is a school for those who plan to transfer. I believe that there isn't enough going to want to stay here for all four years. It has limited sporting events and the extracurricular activities are not advertised well enough for someone to actually want to partake.

Nia-Nicole

Wright State University is comprehensively a great university, with majors and classes that reflect the real world implications that help the student feel immersed within the course material and their applications. It is obvious that Wright State cares about the individual student and their unique situation, however there are some discrepancies as well. There is an unbalanced student culture due to many students commuting, which is mostly out of the universities acceptance ability; however it could be combated by policy. Their acceptance ability also perpetuates student culture of creating students who go from not doing so well to indoctrinated collegiate level students. Overall, this is a progressive university with progressive level elasticity to overcome their shortcomings.

Kennedy

I am currently in the process of transferring to Main Campus. I currently attend the Lake, and I enjoy it for the most part. Having the school, work, and my family all in my home town I love it and save thousands of dollars while going to school. When I move to Main Campus my job and work are all in the same facility, which is great for me.

Sonnie

Wright State University seems to be a diverse school with plenty of student activities as well as a strong focus on education. It is in a great location and you can quickly find just about anything you would need centrally located near the campus. There is also plenty of campus housing and food vendors available for the hungry college student.

Gabriela

it's a great university. great campus and great faculty. althou i came to college with certain expectations it was not at all as i thought it would be. especially since i came to my second choice college. i didn't even know this university existed until after i had applied to a college closer to home. it's angood place though.

Demail

Great college with nice facilities and beautiful landscape environments. I had plenty of great professors that clearly care about mine and other students education, and most importantly love their job. Their services are very helpful too! I did had trouble with their services too, but the problems were resolved quickly and are past behind me. Wright State is very local to my friends and family, which is a major plus in my book. And it's close to a mall! The school specializes much more to the business, engineering and nursing majors, which in my luck isn't what i'm interested for a career, but they treat their other major courses just as good. (They just don't have their own building)

Ashlee

Wright State University is a decent college to attend. However, majority of people who attend Wright State University usually transfer out to attend Ohio State University or Ohio University. While I was living on campus, there were several break-ins in the on-campus housing; however, Wright State University does have its own police force that are on the spot within 10 minutes.

Benjamin

It is a great campus with a faculty that truly cares about its students. It also has great academics and activities to where no one could ever be bored where it is regards to greek life, recreational, or an organized event that was planned by the school.

Kiera

overall wright state campus is a very campus and i cant wait until i start my journey there. i did review the college that i am going to and it seems like a really great school and i think that i will learn new experiences and meet new people and try new things. college is a journey that i will never forget.

elizabeth

Wright State is an excellent school and campus where everyone is lively and truly focused on their futures. Wright state is a home that is welcoming and always something to look forward to, coming to school and looking forward to interacting in class with professors and students.

Wright State is a pretty good campus. Nice campus, nice people, and great teachers that try to understand and help you. The only thing that I have issues about is the food options. There isn't a lot and eating the same things everyday gets tiresome and nasty.I would work harder on the budgeting problem and open places up on the weekend.

Frederic

Went and tour the campus of Wright State. I will be a transfer student since Wright state is a closer campus to my house. I love that atmosphere of the campus their is a variety of things to due on campus and off. They have courses that I want to take and learn from them

Charlotte

Wright State University has gradually disappointed me since I started three years ago as a high school student. The academics are great and the diversity is far better than comparable universities; however, with the budget crisis, I am seeing more and more problems. It is in a large drug area and I feel unsafe on campus at night. I hope some changes are made for future students and faculty.

Tiara

At first I was a little skeptical just because it was a local college everyone from my home town most likely will go there. But I soon learned it is such a big campus you meet so many new people and really cool conmect with people I feel like im apart of the raider family already. I feel I love the first day of my orientation. It was beyond easy to apply and do what you need to do to enroll. I got to choose my roommate and I’m just so in love with the school.

Cierra

Wright State is a very nice campus by the looks of it. Its organized, and everything looks nice and offers many oportunities. My only problem is that it isn’t diverse at all! I kind of feel out of place sometimes. And I dont think they offer their clack students enough extra cirricular. Although they do try, they dont try hard enough! Other than that, its a great school!

Madison

It is fine. Food is bad in most of the locations and is very loud all the time.

Barbara

Overall, Wright State is a great school. Although there can be more extracurricular activities available the small class size makes up for it.

Alexandria

It is a great school and I love visiting because I get to be a student in the fall! Wright State Main Campus offers many things and there is so much involvement. I love the people and how helpful they are, especially the staff because they always seem to go out of their way to make sure everything is perfect!

Morgan

My overall opinion of Wright State would be it has been a great school to attend. I actually am involved in community life. I feel I am more involved now than I was in high school because the school allows you to know different opportunities that are available. I decided to go greek when I went to Wright State and it has been the best opportunity. I am in Alpha Xi Delta and we support Autism Speaks. This has then allowed me to become apart of leadership positions and really helped me come out of my shell. I am a freshman and am the 365 Director letting others on campus know what greek life is all about. I hope that the longer I am in the chapter, I am able to become more involved.

Sydney

Wright State University-Main Campus is a great local school. It is very affordable and has plenty of academic and club options for students. Three of my family members have gone there, and I am continuing the tradition. It's the kind of school that you want to send your family and friends to.

Tania

Great campus!, The professors are very engaging and always encourage us to come to them if they need any help. Everyone is welcoming and so nice! Our RA'S are amazing. Every day is a different day here. I meet new people and learn about the many different groups here.

It is a very spacious and beautiful campus, that provides a great learning environment.

Alexis

Wright State is one of the best choices for my intended field of study. The campus life is very exciting and very involving. Wright State has one of the best Theatre programs a college can offer. There are a lot of activities and clubs to be apart of. And as an incoming freshman, I can not wait to see what tools Wright State will give me for my future.

Benjamin

In my personal opinion Wright State University is an incredibly wonderful school in which almost everyone who chose to attends have every opportunity to succeed in everything that they chose and want to do. Whether it is in academics or just trying out something new to stretch their horizons.

Talayna

It's a pretty good school. Lately we have had a lot going on in terms of administration changes and strikes within the last year or so. However, they have a great liberal arts and education program, and there is a lot to do in the surrounding area. WSU is right down the street from a mall and a chain of outlets, as well as right by a major highway ramp. Easily accessible and lots to do in the area.

Mark

Wright State is an amazing college if you are interested in learning and academics. The professors are truly interested in your education and are available to help you outside the classroom. I would highly recommend this college to students who are serious about their academic success and future. Awesome school!

Jenny

I want to tell you about our experience today with a Academic Advisor. Keith Douglas went above and beyond to help my daughter today with explaining housing, he geared her towards a easier path to registering also he was very thorough and he took time to take us today with out a appointment. We our very thankful for his customer service. Awesome Job and wonderful person.

Jessi

The Wright State Main Campus's best qualities in my opinion are its small, intent class sizes, caring professors, and affordable price. On the other hand Wright State's lesser qualities are the qualities of the dorm rooms and the amount of parking. The food is also really yummy.

Abbey

It is an outstanding school with a thriving learning atmosphere and exceptional professors. The facilities are great and the food is scrumptious! The Woods dorms are well kept and provide a comfortable living/studying environment for students. The staff is well trained and is able to answer any and all questions.

Edward

Wright State University is a great place to learn and share your opinions. It is relatively free of political prosecution, although there is still room to grow. The food on campus is phenomenal, having two buildings full of food places to choose from. The professors in the engineering department are pretty good, although the math, physics and chemistry departments need new professors and new buildings. Most of the rooms are still using chalk boards and overhead projectors. All around the campus is very nice looking and easy to navigate.

Kiley

I am immensely excited to say that I am now a Wright State student! My father attended there for college and he fell in love with it. Growing up, he told me about how amazing the school was and asked me to check it out when considering my choices for college. I, too, fell in love with school and the campus life there. I have never felt more at home at Wright State University.

Miranda

I transferred to Wright State University the spring semester of my freshman year. Wright State is a diverse community, that continues to make me feel welcome every time I step foot on campus. I have always felt safe here, and the community has always been open and helpful. Being a commuter, I have found it beneficial to join student-lead activities and organizations. This has opened many doors for me, and allowed me to find meaningful friendships. I left my first semester at Wright State with a 4.0 GPA. The staff is typically always available both inside and outside of the classroom. It's not always an easy ride, but I wouldn't change my decision to attend Wright State University for anything!

Renae

My overall opinion of Wright State University is that it is a great academic school, but not a social school. It is a university that has a majority of commuter students and that shows when it comes to campus activities, which there aren't many of the students attend.

Ryann

I believe that Wright State is a perfcet campus for commuters and non traditional students. There are an abundant amount of resources avaliable for students in order to ensure academic success and optimal performance. I highly recommend Wright State to any student who is looking for a safe and calm campus, while still looking to have fun, proser academically, develop leadership skills, and get the complete college expereince.

The campus itself is pretty boring, you need to know where to look in order to have fun. There also isn't much to do in the area but we make it work. Overall it's an average campus. We all just wish that most dining options on campus didn't close by 7pm , and that the good ones didn't close by 3pm.

Wright State University is a great school to attend, it’s cheap and close to home. Most professors really do care about their students and want to give them the best advantage to their careers. I wish if this school had a Veterinary Technician program. The dorm rooms are great and the RAs are friendly and make you feel at home. I absolutely love the campus it is so beautiful!

Sophia

My mother works at Wright State and my two sisters graduated from there. It's a very nice school. There is a lot of choices and students mainly do not reside on campus as it is very accessible to the commuting student. I am interested in becoming a Physician's Assistant and minoring in Art. In my senior year, I was one of 14 regional winners in the country of the Visionary Art award.

Ceairra

Wright State is an excellent school with an overall wide variety of different opportunities, groups, and involvements. The students and faculty at wright state are also extremely helpful and polite. Wright state supports their student and really takes time to listen to their concerns and opinions. They strive to make the campus as safe as possible and always send out information and updates to keep the students involved. Overall Wright State is a great school to attend to get the best education and experience!

Andrea

Wright State University is a great place to get the degree you want. With professors almost always available, multiple extra-curricular activities and sororities and fraternities to choose from, along with groups and clubs that are waiting to readily accept you into their family, WSU is one big happy family. They're dedicated to getting you through your chosen degree so you can excel at your future career. Go Raiders!

Natalie

It is a very nice campus and I enjoy the fact that it is a smaller campus. There are plenty of places to grab food on or around campus. The classes are smaller for the most part and it's super easy to reach most professors outside of class. I have not had a bad experience with a professor. There are plenty of places to live around campus if you don't prefer on campus housing as well.

Marlyna

Wright State is the type of school where you are focused on the academics and completing your degree. There might not be a ton of frills, but there is an exceptional arts program, medical program, and everything in between. They offer a broad range of relevant degrees. Sports are an active component to the campus culture. The school has study abroad opportunities and internships. Campus housing offers many options depending upon major, lifestyle, family, and age. Yet, it's not mandatory to live on campus and there are many nearby off campus housing options. WIthin Fairborn and Beavercreek, there are restaurants, malls, shopping, grocery stores, bowling, movie theaters, arcades, and more. The area is not big city, yet it's not country-bumpkin -- it's a nice small town feel within 10 minutes from Dayton. Wright State is a perfect fit for me as I didn't want to spend my college years focused on partying. I wanted a "get it done" type of working atmosphere where students take their education seriously and still make time for fun in the evenings and weekends. Their fine arts performances are amongst the top in the region.

Iotha

Wright State University-Main Campus is a great school for higher education and to access materials for research and study. The classroom sizes are moderate and courses are available in a variety of subjects. WSU has smart, professional instructors with a wealth of knowledge and a passion for teaching. I found that a medium sized campus surrounded by nature and walking paths to be a unique and enriching experience. Wright State was academically challenging and equipped me to move forward with Graduate studies and research projects of my own. I value the time I spent at the home of the Raiders.