Ormond Beach, FL
Wyotech-Daytona

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wyotech-Daytona

Stephen

WyoTech - Daytona Beach is a school formerly known as AMI (American Motorcyce Institute) which is based in Daytona Beach, Florida, one of the largest and most famous spots for bikers all over the nation, and is managed by people interested in business, taught originally by instructors that retired and were looking to give back by passing on knowledge but is now instructed by former students after a majority of the original instructors left over time therefore passing on secondhand information and aiding in flooding the market with undereducated students most likely destined to never step foot in a motorcycle shop.

STAY IN COLLEGE. DON'T GET LAZY AND ASSUME THINGS WILL BE OK. Those 13 words have been on the forefront of my mind the last eight years. This question has burned itself into the back of my brain for an increasingly long time. At the forefront of the advice I would give to my then rebellious self would be to, as vividly as possible, paint a vivid picture of the dim light at the end of the long, stressful, expensive, agonizing, heart breaking, self-loathing, depressing road I would pave for myself while I drag my loving and always supportive family into the ground with me if I chose to make the same decisions. Being diagnosed with epilepsy right after my first year has always been my excuse for failing but never the reason. After describing the severity of contiunally making bad choices I would then strongly urge myself to never lose faith and sink my teeth in the Word of God. To increase faith and gain sight of the main objective, which is to do everything to bring honor to God, is the solution to my then laziness but is easier ignored than a visual of impending hardships.

The instructors and management constantly butting heads. Due to this, instructors tended to paint a negative picture of the corporate side if the school, revealing certain facts presented after the hiring process by the ones responsible for giving them a job. This ongoing feud combined was also fueled by the management showing their lack of knowledge and usually interest in the main focus of the school which was (is) motorcycle and marine technology. Nobody understood why people that weren't passionate about or involved in what the school represents. This is the most likely cause of the school's downfall.

• $0

Wyotech-Daytona administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.