New Orleans, LA
Xavier University of Louisiana

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Xavier University of Louisiana

Ashanti

Xavier University of Louisiana is well-known for it's ranking as #1 for placing African-Americans in medical school. Also, Xavier has a renowned pharmacy program that can be completed by undergraduates in 6 years.

Compared to other schools, Xavier is unique because from the moment you step onto the campus, you are surrounded by caring individuals. Campus Tours and Freshman Orientation are led by Peer Deans- enthusiastic, encouraging student leaders. Teachers are always willing to assist you. Though the academics are rigorous, the encouragement, motivation, and assistance you will recieve from faculty and staff along the way makes success not only possible, but almost inevitable.

If I could go back in time and speak to my high-school self, I would give myself several words of encouragement. I would remind myself that I have the work ethic, ambition, and skills needed to do well academically, and that I shouldn't expect anything less than the very best from myself. I would remind myself to keep in touch with old friends, teachers, and employers, because who you know is an invaluable asset to many opportunities. I would also instruct myself to form relationships with my professors and make myself known as a studious, competent individual. However, while I was encouraging myself to be a great student, I would also tell myself that it is important to give myself a break every once in a while. I would attempt to get myself to be more sociable and make new friends, provided that they are the right kind of people to hang around. I would encourage myself to surround myself with supportive, studious individuals so that we can all support each other. I would tell myself most importantly not to stress over things I can't control, be patient, and enjoy the experience.

Kathern

I would have studied a bit harder and applied for scholarships. Not having enough student loans to cover school is a constant worry and I just wish I had a scholarship to help me from worrying so much.

Brooke

My school is very family orientated. Its an enviroment where you know that the proffesors and administrators are here to help you better yourself not only educationally but as a person too.

Xavier is the only historically black catholic university in the United States. Xavier is a university where not only it strives to provide a good education but aslo a christian atmosphere.

Save a lot of money towards college cause you are going to need it. Be ready to focuse and dedicated to your work.

Monique

My classmates were intelligent and supremely dedicated to their goals.

My classmates were intelligent and supremely dedicated to their goals.

If I was entrusted with the gift of time travel, I would give myself two nuggets of advice. First, never settle for mediocrity for the comfort of the majority. Flashback to freshman year biology- my teacher complemented me on a question I asked and someone behind me mumbled a critical remark. In my effort to fit in, I began to withhold my enthusiasm for the subject matter and my grades suffered. On the other hand, I would say, “Monie, passion pays!” Later in my college career, I rediscovered my love for Spanish and my heart’s desire was to study abroad. To my surprise, my idea was met with the stern disapproval of my advisors in the biology department, but I couldn’t let that stop me. I needed to be able to look myself in the mirror in ten years say I made the right decision. So I went anyway and after just one year in Mexico City, I had earned enough credits to qualify for a Spanish degree! I now hold B.A. in Spanish and a B.S. in Biology and I have no lack of job opportunities!

LaShawn

As a high school senior back in the 1996-97 school year, I was very prideful and thought I had it all together. My GPA was a 3.71 and I was in the top 10% of my class. I did not want to settle for anything less than becoming a doctor because for me this profession represented power and control. I never wanted to be in any position(s) that required me to be an assistant or technician in which I had to submit to someone over me. Currently, I am working as a high school paraeducator in severe/profound in the Lafayette Parish School System and am working on my M.A.T. in Special Education at Liberty University. Knowing what I know now I would tell myself not to shut people out especially those giving sound advice. Take a profile test and determine what are your likes and dislikes because this way you will be able to make an intelligent decision about your major. Apply for as many scholarships as possible so that you don't have to struggle and that way you will be able to pay for college, buy a car, and meet your needs.

I wish I had known that I would end up becoming a special education teacher. That way I could have still attended this school, become certified, and be into my teaching career at this time. I chose to attend Xavier because of its remarkable reputation. At the time I wanted to become a doctor and thought I had it figured out concerning my career path. However life taught me a valuable lesson and that is you cannot always get what you want but you will get everything you need. Working with children with special needs is a blessing and has

A person who procrastinates, has serious time management issues, or who is just plain lazy and does not want to work hard should not attend this school. Xavier University of Louisiana is a school that stresses academic excellence and desires that students who attend the school succeed academically. It is a school that gets you prepared to enter other professional schools in the areas of medicine, pharmacy, and dentistry. A person pursuing a career in education can also attend this school. If you are dedicated, determined, dependable then you would be a very good candidate to attend this school.

Dominique

My school, Xavier University of Louisiana is a good academic school that will help prepare you for your inteneded major.

The advice that I would give myself is to complete as many scholarship applications that I possibly can, no matter how many essays that have to be written. As well as, take advantage of all the information that is given.

If you are a person who does not like to be challenged with alot of hard work or if you dont like to put alot of time into your school work.

Melissa

The best advice I would give myself was to study HARD and to fend for myself because highschool is where a lot of the teachers baby you. You have to fend for yourself in college. No one is going to baby you, no one is going to be in your ear telling you what to do and what not to do. No one is going to give you guidelines on how to pass. Everything is up to you and how much you want to recieve the best quality eduction.

The worst thing about my school isnt anything in the school. Its the humidity that ridiculously crazy in the city of New Orleans.

I brag about the location of the school which is the heart of New Orleans. Also I brag about the fact that that are #6 out of all the HBCU's in the country.

Breia

I would tell myself to join more extra-curricular activities. Though academics are important, its also important to be social and well rounded. Also start looking for scholarship and financial aid as early as possible. When transistioning into college, slow down take a deep breath and enjoy each moment. Just relax and take each day as it come.

We are driven and determinded, and held to higher academic standard that we strive to achieve. Though we focus on our school work, we know how to have fun and enjoylife and all that New Orleans has to offer.

Xavier University is a school of academic excellance, its the motto and lifestyle of the univeristy.

Taylore

Nothing...I may not like how things are runned sometimes and I wish they had more theatre classes, but I like it. The school is me. So I really can't say there is a 'worst thing'

all night study lounge that is big enough or keeping the Universoty Center open longer

Timmy

Xavier University of Louisiana is known for its pharmacy school.

Xavier University of Louisiana is known for its pharmacy school.

The advice that I would give myself is to never give up on my dream. I would always have to prepare for the best and expect the worse. Every year changes drastically. It is alright to make mistakes, but make sure you make the effort to make up for it. Follow your instincts. If you're happy with what you have, stay with it. If it does not make you happy, find something that will. Apprecriate for what you have such as the education that mom being the single parent work so hard to give. Take your time. The only person that can only do it for is you! And, remember be happy for who you are and in what you do, because even thought there are dark moments along the way, the future is still very bright.

Xavier University of Louisiana is a good school to go to for those who have a strong interest in the science field.

Xavier University of Louisiana administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.