New Orleans, LA
Xavier University of Louisiana

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Xavier University of Louisiana

Aviayna

Xavier tailors their education to MAKE sure that you will succeed in any graduate program that you may attend. The teachers make extra efforts and opportunities to help you understand the material.

Anyone who is self-motivated and serious about their education should atten Xavier.

janay

If I could go back and give my high school self some advice is stay focus. There will be some obsatcles that you would face that you do not want to interfer with you learning. You would also have to adjust to sharing a room with human being you may not have anything in common or even not get along with but do not let that affect you either. One major thing to remember is that college is extremely different from high school. You will be faced with work loads you can not even imagine so it is best to be organized and stay ahead of your work. Just remember to stay on top of your work. Its better to work first and play later!

I wish I had known what classes would be helpful to take together my freshman year. I wish Ive would have known that the dorms wasn't going to be to much to my liking and that saving up for a car would have been a great idea because I would need one in case I didn't want to take to bus. I wish I would have prepared myself for the work load that can with college and that I was going to be dealing with some very unusaul personilities that were not like mines.

Shanti

Xavier is a fun school if you know how to balance your time.

Xavier is a fun school if you know how to balance your time.

Actually try and study. Keep all the notes from the classes especially the sciences.

The food in the cafeteria is not always the best.

Porche

My classmates are conservative.

My classmates are conservative.

The one thing I have gotten out of my college experience is that education is free but college does not come cheap, and if you are going to college just to get away from home, that is not a bright idea. I started as a college freshman at Houston Baptist University and my grades were not where I wanted them to be so I figured I would transfer to a college away from home to take me out of my comfort zone a little bit. When I transferred to Xavier University of Louisiana, things started out rocky, but I was able to adjust. I ended up having to start over in my major and take on a second major being that I was scammed when it came to accepted credits, resulting in an additonal two years added to my graduation date. This came as a valuable lesson to me, because now I am learning to appreciate my classes that much more. I am a first generation college attender in my family, and attending school has allowed me to gain some understanding of how things work from the mistakes I make. I have a new understanding of "make your decisions wisely".

The best thing about Xavier University of Louisiana is the relationships between faculty, staff, and students. If you are from Louisiana, if your family is an alumni here, or if you start your college career here, you will enjoy your stay. Transfers can be outcasted sometimes. The different departments seem to nurture their students as if they are their own children, and are willing to help at any time. Xavier is also a small campus, so the student to teacher ratio is very small, leaving much room for hands-on assistance.

Johnnie

A fun cultural as well as acedimic place to grow.

A fun cultural as well as acedimic place to grow.

My school is best now for there Pre-Med and Pre-Pharm programs and there medical school placements.

From my college experience I have gotten an appreciation for knowledge and a desire to gain more. My experience has been valuable to me because it has opened to many other oportunities for me that other wise wouldn't have gotten if I wouldn't have gone. Prior to going to college my only options were death or jail because that't the usual outcome coming from the evironment of which I grew up.

Christina

Xavier University of Louisiana is the only Catholic Historically Black College and/or University and is number 1 in sending African-Americans to medical school.

Xavier has high expectations as far as academics and they push you to succeed. This school is also very active in the community. All students volunteer, especially on Martin Luther King Day, I personally have volunteered at a church and a charter school. Xavier also makes its students more aware of worldy issues. There are plenty of fourms on diverse topics, I went to a fourm on HIV /AIDS epidemic in Louisiana. Xavier creates a learning environment that produces well-rounded, educated individuals.

The most frustrating thing about Xavier is the cafeteria. Sometimes the food they serve is nothing but disgraceful and it leaves you to your own devices. On the plus side there are food establishments down the street.

Chi

From my college experience, I learned that I should not screw up my semesters. I have to stay concentrated if I want to succe...

From my college experience, I learned that I should not screw up my semesters. I have to stay concentrated if I want to succeed.

I wish I had known about how small the classes are, which is a good thing for me.

The worst thing about my school is the streets. The streets get worse each day.

Danielle

My school is best known for Biology/Pre Medicine and Chemistry/Pre Pharmacy majors. Also, placing African Americans into Pharmacy and Medical School.

During my college experience, I have realized that life is a balance and nobody is going to carry you through life. It should be taken in a serious manner but at the same time it doesn't hurt to stop and have fun. I have learned that the best thing to do is be myself. So many events have occured during my time here at Xavier good and bad but It is my responsibility to keep my head up and keep pushing forward whatever the circumstances. I have learned that I am not afraid to speak up for what is right, stand my own ground and let my voice be heard because If I don't say something about what is going on around me, nobody else will. It is valuable to attend college because people need to find their personality iand in college they actually got a chance to sit down with their thoughs and focus on the goals and paths they want to take in life. In college the most valuable lesson that I have learned is to keep God first and everything else will fall into place.

The kind of person that should attend this school is a person that is ready for a challenge and the push towards their degree.

LaBentria

My college experience ultimately prepared me for all the challenges that I have faced in life thus far. The foundation instilled in me by the Xavier University family has forced me to push myself beyond my physical and mental abilities because for me there are no limits and no boundaries. My college experience provided me with an opportunity to enteract with people of all races and ethnicities removing any preconceived notations that I might have had as it relates to others. At Xavier I learn, "the highest expression of Love is to give with out expecting and to accpet without exceptions." This has allowed me to "do, serve, and give in abundance." My undergraduate experienced help me to realize that the only thing constant in the world is change and because of that today I take life as it comes. I am able to stand in a world and not feel inferior. I am able to critically think about things even when I have not had exposure to them. I am free and able to be who I am without regressing into what society wants me to be.

Where one chooses to go to could be the most important decision in life. Xavier University ranked number one in placing African Americans in professional schools. This is because the university provided a just and humane society that prepared students to assume leadership positions in the world. In addition to the environment created by the university, there was also a liberal education given which allowed students to be well rounded. At Xavier one will learn that there are no limits and no boundaries as they will be encouraged to push themselves beyond their physical and mental limitations.

While Xavier is a predominately African American school, I will encouarge all students interested in pharmacy or medicine to attend Xavier regardless of their race because the foundation needed to succeed is given to all students no matter their race or ethnicity.

Demondria

I started off college at a 2-year college, being in college is very hard. It's nothing like high school,the teachers are not riding your back about your work , and they don't care if you attend or not. Everyday I wake up and think to myself if i don't get up and go to school who will get that degree for me?? NOBODY. it's very important for me to get a degree in a field that I LOVE. Im not like most freshmans in college. I go to school FULL.TIME and i also work FULL.TIME! college means everything to me, but right now im looking for scholarships that will help me. I payed for schooling out of my pocket the first two years, and well now my pockets are running a little low, I will do whatever it takes to go to school next semster, rather I have the money or if I don't. I think it's pretty sad that I don't have any kids and i cant get one scholarship!

Xavier University of Louisiana administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.